Sign in to follow this  
-Snafu-

Operation E3

50 minutes ago, Jay Crowe seems bored he tweeted the following....

C'mon guys, where is this live can at? :p

If there are french people here, lets spam these guys!

i just watched 2 frencies live streaming here : http://www.ustream.tv/channel/e3-2012

this is their twitterz: https://twitter.com/#!/gamekyolive

Edited by jerryhopper

No, if it sparked a discussion it's worth a discussion. Also, people don't hate it because it's in Call of Duty. People hate it because it's a rubbish and bad looking effect that suddenly made a huge influx in games after CoD started using it heavily.

Okay then I guess I'll contribute. I say leave it as it is. Whether its rubbish or not, the fact is its been implemented. There is no way to represent getting hit "realistically" and the blood splatter serves its purpose. I might have preferred blurring or something else along that those lines but the splatter does the job fine. It's already in, why bother waste the time and try to take it out, when it serves its purpose and makes barely, if any change to gameplay?

Okay then I guess I'll contribute. I say leave it as it is. Whether its rubbish or not, the fact is its been implemented. There is no way to represent getting hit "realistically" and the blood splatter serves its purpose. I might have preferred blurring or something else along that those lines but the splatter does the job fine. It's already in, why bother waste the time and try to take it out, when it serves its purpose and makes barely, if any change to gameplay?

Agreed

+ I'd like to actually get to play the alpha before passing on judgement, seeing as it might work ingame quite well

50 minutes ago, Jay Crowe seems bored he tweeted the following....

If there are french people here, lets spam these guys!

i just watched 2 frencies live streaming here : http://www.ustream.tv/channel/e3-2012

this is their twitterz: https://twitter.com/#!/gamekyolive

"Pouviez vous allez chéz BIS pour voir ArmA3?"

"Pose des question sur...(fill in whatever you want to know about)"

i just notice something on the gunner seat you have actually the RTT on the screen !

for me if i'm correct that's on FLIR we can see the barell of the gun and the road or is it just an illusion ?

Plenty of ways to convey getting shot, tons of ways actually that doesn't involve a crappy jelly screen and nothing else. It's a cheap, bad looking effect that does not belong in its current from in a military shooter. And by the extend of you saying they shouldn't change it because it doesn't effect gameplay - Why even bother developing a new graphics engine, fix a lot of cosmetic bugs and whatnot as many of them don't effect gameplay directly? Just fix up the old engine, add some animations and PhysX and get crackin'. I can see your side but it's a weak argument just to say "Leave it in just because". They put so much effort into little cosmetic stuff like muzzle flashes, heat hazes, how vegetation responds, lighting etc. why does something that pops up right in your face every time you get shot just get a free-pass of "Oh doesn't matter" when it looks genuinely bad and not just the overall effect, but the actual blood stains look really bad.

"Pouviez vous allez chéz BIS pour voir ArmA3?"

"Pose des question sur...(fill in whatever you want to know about)"

Thanks! i was playin with google translate :)

i just notice something on the gunner seat you have actually the RTT on the screen !
for me if i'm correct that's on FLIR we can see the barell of the gun and the road or is it just an illusion ?

You are right.

no the correct thing is : Pourriez vous allez voir le stand de BIS pour Arma 3 ?

Pourrait vous renseigner sur le nouveaux menu d'engins?

I think. :D

no the correct thing is : Pourriez vous allez voir le stand de BIS pour Arma 3 ?

Voulez vouz coucher avec moi a ArmA 3 booth? Works too. :)

What's the ETA on Cam 2 and other general events at E3 this morning? (It's night here!)

What's the ETA on Cam 2 and other general events at E3 this morning? (It's night here!)

He said Blackops then spiderman then hopefully A3 :)

@MadDogX : bummmmp wrong awnser ! that's : Pourriez vous (please can you) vous renseignez (ask about) sur la nouvelle interface (the new interface) d'arma 3 ?

oki so this thread is now a french lesson !

@MadDogX : bummmmp wrong awnser ! that's : Pourriez vous (please can you) vous renseignez (ask about) sur la nouvelle interface (the new interface) d'arma 3 ?

But I want to know specifically about the gear menu. :D

He said Blackops then spiderman then hopefully A3 :)

His camera is crapping out as he approaches Blackops.

I have bad feelings.

If we're lucky Activision will end up talking to dead camera for 30 minutes this time around, which would make me happy.

Edit: yes, dead as disco. Good timing, now let's hope it's solved in time. I really do not expect him to go back to Activision booth and ask them to try again.

They said TKOH model will be optional.

Sauce? When?

How exactly would this work in multiplayer?

Didnt he just pass BIS as he went to Crap ops 2?

ohhh oki so the gear menu ! you need to place "d'equipement" between interface and arma 3

In that czech video, what is he saying when he is scoping out all the windows? Is he talking about AI using buildings more effectively or is that just my dream seeping into reality?