Sign in to follow this  
-Snafu-

Operation E3

Hmm, I was hoping to learn something new about the game but oh well. Still interesting to watch
Yeah thats kinda how I felt.

There's always tomorrow though.

We do make ALL THE BEER.

Mmmmmmm, Leinenkugel's Honey Weiss. I think I'll have one now... :cheers:

Is it just me or is the aiming system at about 4:35 and 8:50 not vector based? Looks like a cross hair system similar to CoD or any other shooter.

Edited by JuggernautOfWar

You can turn floating zone to zero in the existing game. There's no reason to put an unorthodox optional feature on default for the squeamish game journalists to struggle with.

I'm not talking about floating zone. I mean the actual aiming system doesn't follow the familiar ArmA "one line in two lines" setup. Instead it has the traditional FPS cross hair layout of four lines, one in either direction going out from the center of the screen.

This makes me question whether or not ArmA 3 will feature the same aiming system we are used to or follow the path of most modern FPS games where each bullet just randomly is dispersed in your cross hair area. I'm not sure how much sense that made, but I hope you understand.

I'm not talking about floating zone. I mean the actual aiming system doesn't follow the familiar ArmA "one line in two lines" setup. Instead it has the traditional FPS cross hair layout of four lines, one in either direction going out from the center of the screen.

The ArmA 2 crosshair was shit, so this is an improvement. It is also an unimportant feature, because what kind of newb do you have to be to play with a crosshair?

This makes me question whether or not ArmA 3 will feature the same aiming system we are used to or follow the path of most modern FPS games where each bullet just randomly is dispersed in your cross hair area. I'm not sure how much sense that made, but I hope you understand.

That makes no sense. The style of the crosshair doesn't remotely hint that they're going to throw their shooting mechanics down the garbage chute.

voices are better!!!

really? Sounded like the same old wooden pieced together bits to me (with the same "actor" from arma2 to boot)

Please say it's placeholder.

That makes no sense. The style of the crosshair doesn't remotely hint that they're going to throw their shooting mechanics down the garbage chute.

This is true. I was just seeking reassurance from the community they didn't change it.

hmm.. I since the release date for the alpha had never been released... a better response about the alpha would of been...." we are still working on the alpha and will inform the community of a release date as soon as it is at a release state".... anyway it is looking promising....except for cross-hairs and clouds.

hmm.. I since the release date for the alpha had never been released... a better response about the alpha would of been...." we are still working on the alpha and will inform the community of a release date as soon as it is at a release state".... anyway it is looking promising....except for cross-hairs and clouds.

well one of the devs replied in this thread earlier saying that there would be more info released on it soon... like during or right after E3

I also believe that cross-hairs dont suite the game well. I prefer the old alternative anyday.

Clouds are the same as TOH, if it doesn't looks good there is nothing that is good looking.

Why don't the clouds look good? They are very nice I think. 3D volumetric clouds you can actually fly through, occlude light, etc.

Dude, the clouds look effing amazing! When he looked toward the sunrise/sunset in Camp Maxwell I almost cried. Go back and look again.

I want a screenshot of the new gear UI. Looked funky from what I saw.

Good animations so far, I really like the tactical jog

Now BIS could show a new teaser/information in HD quality incl. awesome surprise ... ;)

That probably won't happen till after their finished with E3, if they do that at all. Though I do await all the new press kit images and what-not after E3 that's gonna flood sites.

I want a screenshot of the new gear UI. Looked funky from what I saw.

Good animations so far, I really like the tactical jog

They do look good, I don't understand why someone thinks it is "too smooth" I can only think of people complaining about it because they never did rifle manipulation drills.

I am still waiting someone to look into transition to secondary or transition between shouder (if there is any plan for this)

They also did not show changing stance when using binoculars as it is***utterly broken in ARMA 2

Edited by 4 IN 1

I agree, the complainers just need to play ToH to find out that the clouds are in actual fact completly awsome.

Why don't the clouds look good? They are very nice I think. 3D volumetric clouds you can actually fly through, occlude light, etc.

Today I looked up at the clouds and thought, they look better in ArmA 3...

Fear not, Arma still features ballistic curve as you know it and like it ;)

Apart from being affected by hands damage, crosshairs will now change size based on your stance or movement (e.g. expanded crosshair when walking, contracted and more precise when lying down), something we didn't use since Arma 1. And more universal and widely recognized cross shaped crosshair suits this behavior well. However, this is just a first iteration and we're still searching for alternatives.

Modders will like to hear that we sorted cursors' config classes based on weapon type (e.g. all rifles are using same one, same as all guided missile launcher, same as rocket launchers, etc.), so coming with new styles will be significantly easier ;)

Crosshairs are perfectly fine , another thing what some guys can whine about :rolleyes:

and one more thing - devs likes to have Aiming floating zone to 0 for a obvious reason

...crosshairs will now change size based on your stance or movement (e.g. expanded crosshair when walking, contracted and more precise when lying down), something we didn't use since Arma 1. And more universal and widely recognized cross shaped crosshair suits this behavior well. However, this is just a first iteration and we're still searching for alternatives.

This is perfect for a game with multiple infantry stance system, such as ArmA - you will intuitively know which stance you're in once you get used to to difference in crosshair size ratios. Rainbow Six series used it, though along with a stance indicator back in the day. ;)