Sign in to follow this  
mattchicago

Need Fine Tuning Help on Arma2oa.cfg File for Min / Max Bandwidth and Settings

Previous Posting

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?133725-What-would-be-Good-for-Arma2oa-cfg-for-This-System

Hello i have been playing with the default settings and i have noticed that some variations are better and some are slower (video lag etc) and well with the better settings it will play for a while then have the famous red chain and server time out (segmentation fault) can someone help me with the proper settings for the type of system i got.

1. linux dedicated server (Centos)

2. 12 terribytes of bandwidth (per month)

3. dual core processor

4. 4 gigs memory

serverdetails.png

mostly i want to make it so everyone can play and have fun and not get the red chain etc.

Edited by mattchicago

Im not trying to hijack thread, but Im interested in this too. Any dedi server admins want to share this with us? Ive been finding different tips around the web and Im not sure which one is right anymore. My setup is linux ( Debian 6 ) 64bit, quad i5, 16gb ram, 100Mbit u/d.

Currently this in arma2oa.cfg

language="English";
adapter=-1;
3D_Performance=1;
Resolution_Bpp=32;
Windowed=0;
MaxMsgSend=1024;
MaxSizeGuaranteed=1024;
MaxSizeNonguaranteed=64;
MinBandwidth=1000000;
MaxBandwidth=2147483647;
MinErrorToSend=0.0040000002;
MinErrorToSendNear=0.0099999998;
MaxCustomFileSize=163840;

Also my server is show in red in browser not sure how to fix that. Ive read somewhere its because of incorrect hashing and broken modcheck in linux server, so Im wondering is there a way to fix it and how? My server is running ACE2 and I have some server only mods ( mostly PvP tweaks ).

Sometimes I get desync 100k + and experience some visual glitches. I guess that is related to this.

Btw this should not matter if server is linux or windows DS. This cfg is same for both.

Edited by _MaSSive

MinBandwidth=1000000;

MaxBandwidth=2147483647;

These values are bps (bits per second). Your current config with

MinBandwidth=1000000 = 1 megabits per second, way too low

MaxBandwidth=2147483647 = 2147 megabits per second, way to high

Try something like this:

MinBandwidth=70000000; aka 70 mbps

MaxBandwidth=100000000; aka 100 mbps

See this unit-converter for calculation.

Thanks, I tried that but I had desync again, right after I spawned on server and I was alone on it. Look at image.

9ytAql.jpg

Could it be problem with Maxmsgsend or Maxsizeguaranteed/nonguaranted?

What about parameters Minerrortosend?

What does #monitor output when you're playing?

MaxMsgSend = 4096;

MaxSizeGuaranteed = 1024;

MaxSizeNonguaranteed = 32;

MinErrorToSend = 0.002;

Not sure about the new value MinErrorToSendNear, but I would suppose it should be lover than MinErrorToSend?

Have you tried without BE? If that's an option for you? And how is your server load (if you can monitor it)?

22n5el.jpg

I was trying around different values and for now this works, but sometimes right after connecting I have desync up to 100k and red chain.

MaxMsgSend=1024;
MaxSizeGuaranteed=512;
MaxSizeNonguaranteed=256;
MinBandwidth=10485760;
MaxBandwidth=104857600;
MinErrorToSend=0.0040002;

I removed MinErrorToSendNear for now until I know more about it. No I haven't tried without BE and I would like to turn it off since server is public. If I lock it down then its fine. Also noticed that desync occurs right before Dooacs reports "PASS". Its anticheat script.

Also I cant find .rpt file anywhere and nothing documented about for linux. Any idea where it should be?

This thread is 3 pages back. But, there was heated debates and even Dwarden responded. Sadly they didn't make the pertinent info sticky...

...Syn...

This thread is 3 pages back. But, there was heated debates and even Dwarden responded. Sadly they didn't make the pertinent info sticky...

...Syn...

Thanks a lot that thread helped me set this up.

This is my setup atm:

language="English";

adapter=-1;

3D_Performance=1;

Resolution_W=800;

Resolution_H=600;

Resolution_Bpp=32;

Windowed=0;

viewDistance=3000;

terrainGrid=25;

MaxMsgSend=32;

MaxSizeGuaranteed=1024;

MaxSizeNonguaranteed=256;

MinBandwidth=76800000;

MaxBandwidth=1048576000;

MinErrorToSend=0.001;

MinErrorToSendNear=0.0099999998;

Works good cant complain.

I was trying around different values and for now this works, but sometimes right after connecting I have desync up to 100k and red chain.

Desync upon connection isn't that unusal, depend on how much custom stuff you have.

Also I cant find .rpt file anywhere and nothing documented about for linux. Any idea where it should be?

Look for server log-file, normally named <port>.txt, that's all it is.

btw, by monitoring server wasn't the game-server, but the actual hardware I had in mind. Use e.g. htop or a similar program to see server load (cpu, memory etc).

i do think scripts and stuff have a major impact to take into account right when it comes to other bandwidth settings? since it has to pull data for everyone as well? i am still trying to fix my stuff, i have noticed it will run smooth for a while then if it runs more then 24 hours the FPS drops dramatically.