Sign in to follow this  
tpw

TPW HOUSELIGHTS - automatic house light addon

sorry, silly me didnt reread the first page :rolleyes: strange that i couldnt see light at selhosted game on takistan, im gonna recheck that

sorry, silly me didnt reread the first page :rolleyes: strange that i couldnt see light at selhosted game on takistan, im gonna recheck that

It would be good if you could check that out for me, as I have stated I don't play MP, nor have experience with servers. So feedback regarding the performance (or no-performance) of this mod on a server is important.

i did some multiplay-testing and i did not encounter any problems. nice!

*edit*. only played aliabad though. will check takistan next time.

well, of course load-times are significantly longer with the big mp-script, but deleting the arrays you don't need fastens things up dramatically. perhaps you should encourage users to do so in readme / on the frontpage.

as i already said, i don't really care about the randomization aspect, so i don't have any other idea for improvement. great work mate and thanks again for this nice script.

I used TPW's houselights script in my recently-released Op. Razor's Edge SP scenario, now I'm about to give it a whirl with some of the other islands. I bet it will have an awesome effect in some of the really sparse mountain compounds!

Really solid script that is easy to implement. The meat of it is well-commented but doesn't really need tweaking. Big thanks to TPW for solving what I think has been a long-standing problem.

A further idea for this script that just came to me: a variable to force certain object IDs (most likely houses, naturally) to not spawn lights. Likely to be quite useful when editing a mission when you don't want a house to spawn a light automatically.

Hey!

Just tested the MP version of 108. You had forgotten to define _housedistance so I added it to the script myself.

fixed it: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/6004457/SSG%20Share/Scripts/tpw_houselights108-mp.sqf

Row: 173 and onward

//Lighting variables associated with each house

_lit = _x getvariable "lit";

_light = _x getvariable "light_source";

_params = _x getvariable "light_parameters";

_dist = (vehicle player) distance _x;

_housedistance = 200;

Thanks mate. I'm glad someone is on the ball around here! I will check all the scripts just to make sure. Really gotta get out of the habit of releasing things late Sunday night!

Hey!

Just tested the MP version of 108. You had forgotten to define _housedistance so I added it to the script myself.

fixed it: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/6004457/SSG%20Share/Scripts/tpw_houselights108-mp.sqf

Row: 173 and onward

I just downloaded the addon version 1.81 for MP and i keep getting an error saying it cant find the hpp file even though i moved it to user config

I just downloaded the addon version 1.81 for MP and i keep getting an error saying it cant find the hpp file even though i moved it to user config

Did you move it to \userconfig\TPW_HOUSELIGHTS\TPW_HOUSELIGHTS_MP.hpp ?

Sorry mate, it's the other way round. Neither the SP or MP version will run on a dedi server. For MP, the system must run for each client.

tpw,

IF a server was to upload the .bikey for the mod version to our server would it work fine if only some clients used the addon or would the server also need to run the addon, and if so would there be any issues with dependency?

Hi Alderman

The only dependency is CBA.

As I state in the 1st post, I don't know much about servers etc. Both versions of the addon are clientside, so if all your players run the mod, they'll all see the same thing. There is no need to run the addon on the server (it won't run anyway).

tpw,

IF a server was to upload the .bikey for the mod version to our server would it work fine if only some clients used the addon or would the server also need to run the addon, and if so would there be any issues with dependency?

Thank you for putting the hard work into making this mod.

It astounds me just how deeply it enriches the nighttime atmosphere - an instant CLASSIC and MUST HAVE mod.

Again, thank you for sharing!

Thank you for putting the hard work into making this mod.

It astounds me just how deeply it enriches the nighttime atmosphere - an instant CLASSIC and MUST HAVE mod.

Again, thank you for sharing!

Thank you so much for your feedback. That's the reason people write stuff for this community.

_housedistance was not defined so I defined it as _housedistance = 200; and scwhoop it worked! I run it in the init.sqf.

I think that was it.

Has anyone gotten a tpw_houselights108.sqf not found error when exiting the editor or scenario? In my map using ToraBora I get this error msg, yet I haven't implemented the script any differently than I have for Aliabad and HazarKot and I do not get this error. Is there any reason the game would check for this script outside of the scenario it's being applied in?

EDIT: Also, I am getting a pretty substantial freeze when the script kicks in 10 seconds after loading for the first time (it doesn't freeze in subsequent reloads), and this is also something that hasn't happened before in other maps.

Edited by h34dup
Added freeze case

Has anyone gotten a tpw_houselights108.sqf not found error when exiting the editor or scenario? In my map using ToraBora I get this error msg, yet I haven't implemented the script any differently than I have for Aliabad and HazarKot and I do not get this error. Is there any reason the game would check for this script outside of the scenario it's being applied in?

EDIT: Also, I am getting a pretty substantial freeze when the script kicks in 10 seconds after loading for the first time (it doesn't freeze in subsequent reloads), and this is also something that hasn't happened before in other maps.

Never encountered the 1st error on any map.

The freeze you mention is pretty standard - it's the script scanning for all houses in a 20K radius. The more houses there are, the more the scan impacts. Tora Bora is not too heavily residential though. Please try running the MP variant, as the house lights are precalculated and no scan is necessary.

Never encountered the 1st error on any map.

The freeze you mention is pretty standard - it's the script scanning for all houses in a 20K radius. The more houses there are, the more the scan impacts. Tora Bora is not too heavily residential though. Please try running the MP variant, as the house lights are precalculated and no scan is necessary.

Very strange indeed-- ToraBora is the least-populated of the three maps I've run the script in, I'll try a few things tomorrow in attempt to address the error msg. It's not a game-breaking bug but there's no reason it should be showing up...

As for running the MP variant in an SP mission, I'll give it a try. If it solves both problems I'll run with it... I am a bit nervous after reading how the scripts work differently, but looks like once you get in the water isn't so cold, so to speak.

Also, again, thanks for making what I definitely feel is an essential script for any low-light scenario!

This seems to be an error in the island config of Tora Bora. I get something similar with other missions on this island when leaving/ending a mission with custom scripts regularly. Doesn't seem to have any influence on functionality though.

This seems to be an error in the island config of Tora Bora. I get something similar with other missions on this island when leaving/ending a mission with custom scripts regularly. Doesn't seem to have any influence on functionality though.

OK good to know then it may be Tora Bora and not my scenario or TPWhouselights. One difference in this map as well is that the player starts inside of a house, whereas in previous scenarios the player has started outdoors or on a vehicle. I ended up simply noting that the scenario is "initializing" during the black title screen. I may take my first step exploring MP/Coop after the SP release of this coming mission, so I'll mess with the MP version of the script then.

Hey guy's,

I'm a complete noob at this game, i'm trying to get this mod working but failing miserably :(. I was looking to use this for a cinematic series but i've tried everything to get this working and failed.

Can someone give me a complete idiots guide on how to install and use this mod?

Hey guy's,

I'm a complete noob at this game, i'm trying to get this mod working but failing miserably :(. I was looking to use this for a cinematic series but i've tried everything to get this working and failed.

Can someone give me a complete idiots guide on how to install and use this mod?

Have you managed to get any other mods going, or are you only having trouble with this one?

I try to use it but i failed , its there any new version? if not can u make a little video explain how u install it and how it works , i tryed with cheat engine it only made the scan