Sign in to follow this  
Doomdark64

Capturing/Aquiring islands

How do i tell my manta to capture a neutral island? do ihave to go somewhere specific? is there a command to do this if there is i cant see it.

When the enemy has the island does everything have to be destroyed or can the island be captured intact.?

Regards

All you need to do after you took out the enemy defences is hacking the command center (using a walrus + hack module). Or, destroy it and build a new one.

I havent played the beta for some time (not cause I don't like it but I haven't had time) but if I recall correctly the command center is shown on the map with an arrow, but only when you have explored the island and found the command center.

As soon as you have hacked or destroyed it and build your own the island is yours.

Thanks foxhound, i was wondering if there was a build key?. i have the module on my walrus but dont know how to use it.

regards.

Thanks foxhound, i was wondering if there was a build key?. i have the module on my walrus but dont know how to use it.

regards.

For a neutral island you need to find the ruins of the command centre, get a Walrus with a build module on it and drive it there, when you see the construct icon then hit F ...

If it is an enemy island then you only need to do what is necessary to capture the command centre....

G

For a neutral island you need to find the ruins of the command centre, get a Walrus with a build module on it and drive it there, when you see the construct icon then hit F ...

If it is an enemy island then you only need to do what is necessary to capture the command centre....

G

I'm having the same issue..

When I pull up in a Walrus equipped with a command module next to the ruins of the head quarters I never get the constuct icon.

Am I doing something wrong?

When you approach a destroyed Command Center, you should be able to build a new one. You must be sure that you are standing in front of the destroyed "Command Center" though, there are "Head Quarters" on several islands just as well which don't work as building site for a Command Center. The Command Centers symbol is a downward arrow. I uploaded a picture to illustrate that. Watch for the "Tools" symbol, which appears as soon as you are close enough to a valid construction site with a Command Center Module on board of your Walrus. You then just press "F" and the construction begins.

I have the same problem the construction icon never appears so even though I have a construction module on the walrus when I hit F within <10 metres of the destroyed command centre (on a neutral island) nothing happens. Bit of a game spoiler really...

You're sure you don't try this with the "Head Quarter"? As I mentioned earlier there are "Head Quarters" AND "Command Centers". You can't build a new Command Center on a former Head Quarter. That is NO valid contruction site. Only a former Command Center will do. Check that again, please, because in the whole Beta there were no complaints about such a problem before (as far as I know at least)...

You're sure you don't try this with the "Head Quarter"? As I mentioned earlier there are "Head Quarters" AND "Command Centers". You can't build a new Command Center on a former Head Quarter. That is NO valid contruction site. Only a former Command Center will do. Check that again, please, because in the whole Beta there were no complaints about such a problem before (as far as I know at least)...

Yes, I too was initially confused between "headquarters" and "command centers," but building command centers works perfectly in the beta. Just select the walrus and hover your mouse over the destroyed command center and it should change to a build icon, and click it and the walrus will wander over and build it.