Sign in to follow this  
HeliEye

Does anyone have a pre-made X52 setup?

Hi all

I've just bought TOH, also a Saitek X52 controller (non-Pro)

I seem to be having probs getting the setup correct, using rudder at zero speed makes the heli accelerate? that shouldn't happen.

I wondered if any of the pilots here are using an X52, and managed to get it to perform with some sort of accuracy?

Or, is there a setup file I can download that would work with TOH?

Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Steve

Hi HeliEye,

Welcome to the forums, I have the pro version and have used it through the arma series and TOH with no issues. The first thing I would check is you haven't accidentally assigned the rudder axis to the forward assignment as well. My ussual trick is the game picking up one of the dials or the slider if I haven't centred them correctly. Arma's and TOH's controls setup is very flexible in it allows multiple assignments.

Are you using the Saitek profile editor? If so you would also need to check it hasn't got in the rudder assignment something like the W key?

Hope this helps

Blake.

Welcome HeliEye.

Don't forget to set the thorttle Dead zone to 0%. Then play with the cyclic and rudder dead zone and sensitivity to find the "good" deal. For that I suggest you to practice hover. When can do it easyly then you got it.

Thanks guys for the fast reply, I think part of my problem was the difficulty was on 'beginner' and that setup seems to do stupid things?

I updated 1.02 & 1.03, things seem better now.

I set difficulty to 'trainer' and had a quick fly around just using keys, including 4 landings, with no problems, the controls seem more realistic now.

As for expert setting?? I don't buy it? at least not with a quick keyboard test, seems more like chaos control? permanent right hand spin, with full left rudder?

Seeing the instruments is the hard bit as I don't have IR Tracker.

I've flown a 'real' heli (Turbine Scout) which was way easier than TOH ;-) so either there is a default 'way-out-of-trim' initial setting on expert? or I'm missing something.

I'll setup X52 now properly (I hope) and have a go, there's a lot to learn just on setup and trim controls it appears.

Many thanks for the suggestions and help.

Regards

Steve

If you are on 1.03 you could try this Community Update.

Yes on expert the chopper never start with "neutre trim". You must set them or fly without trim the chopper. That's what I do. It take me to much time to trim my chopper and it kill my precision.

For the X52 try to go command option and "Sheme" I guess there is a preset for the X52 in it.

Oh and.. You neeeeeed a track IR to really enjoy TOH ! :cool:

Or a free track System.

Thanks for the reply, have grabbed the update ;-)

I completed all the training on Trainie.

I found the X52 scheme, and now using that, seems to work ok.

Now I know 'Expert' mode is 'Not' initially trimmed, I'll give that a go.

Yes must get track IR, needed to see the instruments...

I'm getting crashes after a lot of flying? god nows why? I have a very fast pc i7 980X extreme, 12GB mem, GT580 3D Card, 3x SSD drives, plus 18GB of page file on a 150GB Raptor drive, to save SSD wear.

8 hours flying today more tomorrow

Thanks for the help guys.

Regards

Steve

If you are on 1.03 you could try this Community Update.

Yes on expert the chopper never start with "neutre trim". You must set them or fly without trim the chopper. That's what I do. It take me to much time to trim my chopper and it kill my precision.

For the X52 try to go command option and "Sheme" I guess there is a preset for the X52 in it.

Oh and.. You neeeeeed a track IR to really enjoy TOH ! :cool:

Or a free track System.