Sign in to follow this  
Feint

RQ-11 Raven A

@ Feint

Nice work but i got 1 or more questions:

-Live feed: do u see the live feed on the GCS if not using it Directly or in the Players view ? (in My opinion a bit OP, should Need special googles for it (Google glass lol)

-Maybe add a laser marker (not targetable for Laser guided Missles/bomb etc.) Just Visible in NV and FLIR

and make it vunerable to Ground fire ^^

Great work can´t wait for the first Downloadabel version!

Did you plan to release a "final" for A2OA before rushing into the Alphaverse of A3?

BEFORE? Baby, I'm already in the Alphaverse of A3. ;) But to answer your question, yeah, I'll modify the final version and port it over to A2.

@ Feint

Nice work but i got 1 or more questions:

-Live feed: do u see the live feed on the GCS if not using it Directly or in the Players view ? (in My opinion a bit OP, should Need special googles for it (Google glass lol)

-Maybe add a laser marker (not targetable for Laser guided Missles/bomb etc.) Just Visible in NV and FLIR

and make it vunerable to Ground fire ^^

Great work can´t wait for the first Downloadabel version!

LiveFeed on the actual GCS? No. But it has been on my mind for quite some time. I'm thinking about it. I think I know how to do it. But PIP kills my fps, so it would be something I'd want people to be able to turn off. Also, there's really no good way to hold the GCS in your hand unless you are locked into an animation or it's sticking out the side of your rifle or pistol which would look weird. Soooooooooooo.... I don't know. I can't decide. It would certainly look cool though.

Laser marker? As far as I can tell, they haven't been implemented into Arma3 yet, have they. Does anyone know the classnames of the lasers if they have been implemented? I can easily implement it if I can get a classname. LOL, did I just say "easily"?

Vulnerable to ground fire? I can't. It's some kind of engine limitation. Bohemia Interactive just doesn't want you shooting its birds. Until they make the birds able to be killed, I'm not sure I know how to do it. I think maybe I have to change the cfgMoves for the Raven and add a "Death" category or something. I'm a little scared to delve into all of that as inheritance and classnames and other config crap is so annoying to me.

The laser Pointer is in the Game Called:

"IR Laser Pointer" im Trying to Find the class name!

---------- Post added at 18:33 ---------- Previous post was at 18:24 ----------

FOUND IT Name is:

acc_pointer_IR

Here are more infos: SIX Config Browser

and if u got Up U will find nearly or all Class names

Link

Cool. Thanks a lot! That helps me with a few different things. Bookmarking.

Regarding the laser pointer, I thought you were referring to the laser targets that exist in Arma2. The laser pointers can only be projected from a weapon that is being held by a unit. Unfortunately, I don't think there's any way to just spawn the laser pointer and have it actually be on and working.

Edited by Feint

Cool. Thanks a lot! That helps me with a few different things. Bookmarking.

Regarding the laser pointer, I thought you were referring to the laser targets that exist in Arma2. The laser pointers can only be projected from a weapon that is being held by a unit. Unfortunately, I don't think there's any way to just spawn the laser pointer and have it actually be on and working.

well if it this dosen´t work then the ARMA 2 Version is fine for me , But do u Know the "ACE" mod? the Attack choopers(and some other vehicles) have a Visible Laser guidance system for There Missles (Hellfire) and/or Range Messuring maybe u can get that somehow!

I was hoping to release this yesterday, but I found that BI changed the way attachTo works and they also changed some basic classnames that I was using as a dependent for all of the Raven parts. It seems like they've also changed the way gravity works or something because objects don't bounce the way they used to. When I drop the Raven, it no longer bounces at all. It just drops to the ground like a sack of potatoes.

So I have to redo some basic things. But first, I have to figure out what they changed because the BIKI wasn't updated with the changes as far as I can tell.

Is there any place on the BIKI that lists the most recent changes? I feel like I saw that once before.

UPDATE:

I added the ability to change units of measure when in the camera so users can switch from Metric to Imperial.

I also figured out the classnames for the laser designator end points and how to attach them to things. So I've added the ability to laser designate things. If there's a way to add a laser pointer that can be turned like a turret and turned on and off without the aid of a unit, please let me know. Or, if there's a way to just draw a line in 3d in the game world, I swear I saw a function or a script or a module for that, but I can't find it. If anyone knows, I'd like to explore that as well and see if it's useful.

I've also added the ability to lock onto people and vehicles so it makes tracking targets much easier.

I'll make an update video once I sort through the attachTo and inheritance madness.

Ok the i Missreaded (?) this only got my school and "Gaming" english because im German!

Then Explay me This Sentence Pls

"Is there any place on the BIKI that lists the most recent changes? I feel like I saw that once before."

Do u mean Something like a Changelog from ARMA 2 To Arma3 Engine Like: C hanged "Attachto [X,Y,Z]" To "Attach to X:Y:Z"

?

Greetings!

Well some seems to have the same Problem Attachto is Currently Bugged:

"Yes this is kind of random, but does anyone know how to attach object "A" to object "B" in ArmA 3 Alpha?

The original plan was to use the old "attachTo" command from ArmA 2 to create a boat of floating containers (don't ask).

Is there any substitute for this that will work with the new PhysX 3.0 objects? "

"Seems to work here although I did notice that sometimes if an object was attached over water it vanished, maybe there is a height issue ATL and ASL. "

and in another thread i Read that there is an issue if u use "Attachto" in a script (Funny that Bug existed in Arma 2 OA too)

only thing i found in Wiki are:

attachTo

attachObject

attachedObject

i asked on on my Community (BF-Games.net) who is Currently porting the MI-28 from Arma 2 to Arma 3 he has no Problems with it!

Edited by Germanfragger

Ok the i Missreaded (?) this only got my school and "Gaming" english because im German!

Then Explay me This Sentence Pls

"Is there any place on the BIKI that lists the most recent changes? I feel like I saw that once before."

Do u mean Something like a Changelog from ARMA 2 To Arma3 Engine Like: C hanged "Attachto [X,Y,Z]" To "Attach to X:Y:Z"

?

Greetings!

I think I found it. Yeah, it's a wiki changelog. There was a link to it on every page. Duh.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Special:RecentChanges

Well some seems to have the same Problem Attachto is Currently Bugged:

and in another thread i Read that there is an issue if u use "Attachto" in a script (Funny that Bug existed in Arma 2 OA too)

only thing i found in Wiki are:

attachTo

attachObject

attachedObject

i asked on on my Community (BF-Games.net) who is Currently porting the MI-28 from Arma 2 to Arma 3 he has no Problems with it!

Yeah, it's bugged. Thanks for trying to help. I'll have to figure out a workaround. Thanks for confirming that other people are having problems.

Hi,

My team-mate and I have a huge bug with your addon, when we are using it our game are crashing (even our server) after a few minutes ingame. First of all we tried to play it with our addon pack then without it (only CBA). Both time, the crash occure.

We even tried with the last CBA (that doesn't work properly...).

I'm surprise that nobody mention that.

Here you can find the server RPT (don't know if it's usefull):

22:00:33 Server: Object 5:29 not found (message 122)

22:00:57 Server: Object 7:13 not found (message 94)

22:00:57 Server: Object 7:16 not found (message 70)

22:00:57 Server: Object 7:15 not found (message 70)

22:01:15 Server: Object 4:18 not found (message 94)

22:01:15 Server: Object 4:21 not found (message 70)

22:01:15 Server: Object 4:20 not found (message 70)

22:02:54 Server: Object 5:31 not found (message 70)

22:03:06 Server: Object 5:34 not found (message 70)

22:03:06 Server: Object 5:35 not found (message 69)

22:03:08 Server: Object 5:38 not found (message 69)

22:03:10 Server: Object 5:41 not found (message 70)

22:03:10 Server: Object 5:42 not found (message 69)

22:03:12 Server: Object 5:43 not found (message 70)

22:03:13 Server: Object 5:46 not found (message 69)

22:03:15 Server: Object 5:49 not found (message 69)

22:03:16 Server: Object 5:48 not found (message 70)

22:03:17 Server: Object 5:52 not found (message 70)

22:03:19 Server: Object 5:53 not found (message 70)

22:03:19 Server: Object 5:54 not found (message 69)

22:03:19 Server: Object 5:55 not found (message 69)

22:03:20 Server: Object 5:54 not found (message 70)

22:03:21 Server: Object 5:56 not found (message 70)

22:03:21 Server: Object 5:57 not found (message 69)

22:03:21 Server: Object 5:58 not found (message 70)

22:03:24 Server: Object 5:60 not found (message 69)

22:03:24 Server: Object 5:60 not found (message 70)

22:03:26 Server: Object 5:64 not found (message 69)

22:03:28 Server: Object 5:66 not found (message 69)

22:03:29 Server: Object 5:68 not found (message 121)

22:06:31 Server: Network message 148a9 is pending

22:07:02 Server: Network message 15fd4 is pending

22:07:07 Server: Network message 16251 is pending

22:07:07 Server: Network message 16252 is pending

22:07:35 Client: Remote object 7:0 not found

22:10:03 Error: can't resize AutoArray to negative size!

22:10:03 Virtual memory total 4095 MB (4294836224 B)

22:10:03 Virtual memory free 3617 MB (3793428480 B)

22:10:03 Physical memory free 12858 MB (13483577344 B)

22:10:03 Page file free 27738 MB (29086322688 B)

22:10:03 Process working set 252 MB (264314880 B)

22:10:03 Process page file used 272 MB (285945856 B)

22:10:03 Longest free VM region: 2147061760 B

22:10:03 VM busy 518496256 B (reserved 176697344 B, committed 341798912 B, mapped 29282304 B), free 3776339968 B

22:10:03 Small mapped regions: 13, size 61440 B

ErrorMessage: Out of memory (requested 0 KB).

footprint 270204928 KB.

pages 16384 KB.

This mod is attached on Overwatch map mod.

Is there any way i can overwrite the scripts the raven uses...without touching the map files of course.

I need to replace all but the green marker to local markers.

Basically replace all createmarker to createmarkerlocal (besides the green one), so that the rest of the players cant pinpoint where the player is.

-Thanks

I can't pick up the Raven backpack into my gear. Both in editor and in-game. Anyone else getting this problem or got a solution?

Thanks.

how far camera of Raven can see? what is its limitations? would u like to breif about it?