Sign in to follow this  
Feint

RQ-11 Raven A

Very nice addon, works great in a recon role, the thermal modes are a godsend too :)

In relation to the ace issue, i've just tested with every addon i have minus ACE and ACEX with no issues and a second test with nothing but ACE core and CBA, unfortunatly thats where the issue is, same problem described by everyone else of being kicked out of the camera, crossing my fingers for a 'patch' feint, until then i have aliabad to reconnoiter :D

very cool mod! tested it out in vanilla and works like a champ. like others, did ACE testing and sad to say it kicks you right out of the camera view, but aside from that, there are other ACE issues with it as well.

when you select carry backpack, it doesnt spawn on your back:

http://s1158.photobucket.com/albums/p611/islesfan186/?action=view&current=RavenbackpackACE.jpg

also, when you select autoland, it lands whereever it is...doesnt return to the control station. it lands at a random grid, and most of the time a grid that isnt even remotely close to where the raven ever was.

aside from ACE related stuff...can you make the ability to pan the camera around with the mouse (if possible)?

aside from ACE related stuff...can you make the ability to pan the camera around with the mouse (if possible)?

He said in the WIP thread that he wouldn't implement that feature because the version of the Raven he made does not have it IRL.

[DISREGARD MY LAST] Hey there Feint, i must be missing something Bro... after i launch the raven and try to view the camera, it flashes the cam screen for a sec then goes back to player view, then after a few sec it lands at [000,948], is the mod Islan/Map specific or are all maps Islands supported? or do i need a ground control module ?....

NVM it is ACE related as stated above... never hurts to read all the post before posting ......

Edited by F2F_BHO

Simply amazing,I felt like Sam Fisher on one of my night op missions and scouting with this beauty.Thnx a lot.

Although is wrong to shoot at such a nice piece of kit can you make it vulnerable in the next version?

I kinda used it for target practice too and from 400 rounds fired from my M2 I managed to shoot it about 11-13 times(I know I'm terrible shooter:p) and it was still in the air.

He said in the WIP thread that he wouldn't implement that feature because the version of the Raven he made does not have it IRL.

Ah...didn't catch that. Disregard then

Great stuff... well done!

Took some video of me messing around in it. And found some fitting music to go along with it. :p

www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJcn6kcLhdA

Edited by b00ce

Hi feint. I'm getting an intermittent bug where I assemble the raven, and it just disappears instead of dropping to the ground. All raven menu stuff is gone too. This happens only once every 10 or so goes. I can't work out how to repro it to help you out. And, there are no other mods involved :)

Hi feint. I'm getting an intermittent bug where I assemble the raven, and it just disappears instead of dropping to the ground. All raven menu stuff is gone too. This happens only once every 10 or so goes. I can't work out how to repro it to help you out. And, there are no other mods involved :)

You're not standing on a building, are you?

Hi Feint,

awesome, i´m out of words...great idea, wonderful raven-model and at least a smart option for the modern warfare! :)

Thanks a lot for doing this.

Keep up your great work.

Regards

McLupo

You're not standing on a building, are you?

I've actually run into the same problem twice so far (Both times on dirt). I chalked it up to ArmA being weird.

Simply amazing,I felt like Sam Fisher on one of my night op missions and scouting with this beauty.Thnx a lot.

Although is wrong to shoot at such a nice piece of kit can you make it vulnerable in the next version?

I kinda used it for target practice too and from 400 rounds fired from my M2 I managed to shoot it about 11-13 times(I know I'm terrible shooter:p) and it was still in the air.

I tried a few different ways to make this able to be damaged, but it is inheriting some kind of invulnerability from the hawk non-ai vehicle, I think. I did enable it being able to be shot, but that's all I could do. When you shoot it, it takes no damage. Sorry, I know this isn't realistic. I'm still researching it to see if I can track down the original inheritance that's causing it to be invulnerable. Hopefully it's not hard coded like "birds can't get injured" or something.

I've actually run into the same problem twice so far (Both times on dirt). I chalked it up to ArmA being weird.

I just looked at the script and found the problem, a small mistake in the timing on my part. I'll release a patched update soon. Thanks for alerting me to this.

---------- Post added at 23:54 ---------- Previous post was at 22:20 ----------

I was able to tweak the way I was calling a BIS function and that seems to have fixed the ACE2 problems of the camera not working and the raven landing at distant coordinates. I've not been able to duplicate the backpack not appearing correctly on the units. For me, it appears on several different vanilla, ACE and 3rd party units correctly for me. Can anyone else duplicate this problem when using ACE2? If so, what units are you using?

I'll be releasing version 1.1 shortly.

VERSION 1.1 NOW AVAILABLE HERE:

http://www.gamefront.com/files/21660865/RQ-11-RAVEN_ARMA2-OA-VERSION_1.1.rar

First post in this thread updated.

---------- Post added at 00:31 ---------- Previous post was at 23:54 ----------

very cool mod! tested it out in vanilla and works like a champ. like others, did ACE testing and sad to say it kicks you right out of the camera view, but aside from that, there are other ACE issues with it as well.

when you select carry backpack, it doesnt spawn on your back:

http://s1158.photobucket.com/albums/p611/islesfan186/?action=view&current=RavenbackpackACE.jpg

also, when you select autoland, it lands whereever it is...doesnt return to the control station. it lands at a random grid, and most of the time a grid that isnt even remotely close to where the raven ever was.

What unit were you using when you tried to pick up the backpack? I've not been able to duplicate the problem.

RE: the ability to pan the camera around, there IS a version of the Raven in real life called the Raven B which has a camera on a gimbal:

RavenG_lg.jpg

The way the camera works currently in the addon I've made, I could change it so that it is movable, but I'm not sure I'm able to put limits on the camera's range of motion. It doesn't work the same way other UAVs in vanilla Arma2:OA works with a modeled turret and stuff. So the short answer to this is no for now, but maybe for the future. :)

Edited by Feint

Would it be possible to add a zoom out key (x maybe?) so you can step it out, instead of having to zoom all the way in then to where you want?

If it's any help the seagulls in Arma were shootable.

Also I have managed to kill one of the birds in OA, I detonated one of the ammo caches from insurgency while it was flying over. :)

@feint

I was using the USMC rifleman in ACE (no other addons) when picking up the backpack.

@feint

I was using the USMC rifleman in ACE (no other addons) when picking up the backpack.

Oh, that would explain it. USMC riflemen can't display backpacks as they are pre-OA and OA brought in the backpack proxies. Try seeing if you can see the RQ-11 backpack on one of the OA units like any of the US Army units.

---------- Post added at 02:41 ---------- Previous post was at 02:39 ----------

Would it be possible to add a zoom out key (x maybe?) so you can step it out, instead of having to zoom all the way in then to where you want?

Definitely possible. Maybe the Q or X keys could be implemented as zoom out keys.

Thanks for the update Feint, works as advertised now!

If it's any help the seagulls in Arma were shootable.

Also I have managed to kill one of the birds in OA, I detonated one of the ammo caches from insurgency while it was flying over. :)

Yea, I tried to shoot it down, hit several times but it's still as functional as new.

Feint I placed a man on the map and another one set as playable. I assembled the Raven and launched it then, I switched to the other man and noticed that if I aim at the previous soldier, I had the actions to Launch the Raven. Tried it and it gave my soldier a RAven to launch, so there were two Raven flying.

Just saying, not a problem for me but it may be for you ;)

Feint I placed a man on the map and another one set as playable. I assembled the Raven and launched it then, I switched to the other man and noticed that if I aim at the previous soldier, I had the actions to Launch the Raven. Tried it and it gave my soldier a RAven to launch, so there were two Raven flying.

Just saying, not a problem for me but it may be for you ;)

Thanks for the info. For now, please avoid doing that. :) I will release a fix for that when I release version 1.2.

Edited by Feint

Feint has already said that, due to it's size, it will be invulnerable. You won't be able to shoot it down - live with it.