Sign in to follow this  
inlesco

[SP] Wipe-Out --- Experience the struggle

Welcome to the thread of my first publicly released mission for A2:CO.

While I'm currently making a couple of campaigns to be released until Arma 3 arrival, I spotted McNools 'Aliabad Region' island and decided that it's a perfect place for infantry combat and overall, ground operations. So here's the outcome of my passion for creating and finally releasing the first mission for you to try, community people ;].

SYNOPSIS:

Aliabad Region is the place where tons of drugs, illegally purchased weaponry, and even human resources are circulating rapidly. US Army, as a controller of the biggest part of Takistan currently, decided to operate in Aliabad and finally stop all the worst happening there. To achieve that, many troops must eliminate the main enemy - TK Army.

It's year 2006 and US Army suffers from a shortage of men and weaponry avaiable. Despite such circumstances, a squad has been sent to operate in Aliabad. The operation itself consists of two objectives: 1) elimination of a convoy which is transportating drugs, ammo and other sort of supplies; 2) occupying a village, which is an important strategical position, nearby operation's area. The element of surprise is considered as one of the top priorities to succeed. Stay patient and level-headed.

FEATURES:

• solid intro & outro;
  • custom soundtracks;
  • unique atmosphere on McNools Aliabad Region
  • attention to environment detail: lots of wrecks, fortifications, hostile encampments included, etc.
  • hints to a sequel :cool:

REQUIREMENTS:

--- Arma 2 Combined Ops ( GET IT NOW! ) ;

--- McNools Aliabad Region ( BIF thread );

---

mental preparation ;)

MISSION DOWNLOAD: Mediafire; Armaholic;

CHANGELOG:

v1.0

Initial release.

v1.1

improvements on briefing, notes section in particular

intro & outro adjustments

other minor tweaks...

CREDITS:

=== Inlesco (me) - mission idea & all of the remaining work to realize it

=== McNools - for creating Aliabad Region island

THANKIES GOES TO...

--- BIS for the best video game ever created and all provided possibilities for custom-content creation

--- All the fantastic BIS community for their passion and dedication ;]

--- SaOk for his briefing template

--- [...a placeholder for somebody else I forgot...]

If you encounter any bugs or have some suggestions which may improve quality of this mission, feel free to post! :)

Enjoy & and thanks for playing.

Edited by Inlesco
updates

Pretty excellent release post - nice job there Inlesco :)

My only suggestion would be to add a few screenshots or promo art.

Maybe I am getting a little confused, but isn't the briefing (and other stuff) in this mission taken from 'zub' by Saok? It's still got the stuff in there about Chernarus, NAPA and CDF. I'm sure the music is from there too.

If so, you might want to give him a mention ;-)

v1.1 uploaded - check the changelog and download sections in the first post.

PvPScene, thanks. I'll consider adding visual material later.

Jedra, only briefing template was borrowed from SaOk's Zub [i already gave him a mention]. No idea what do you mean by "other stuff" and music (I chose it myself...).

Oh... another "Copy&paste all the things!!" and

Credits: Inlesco (me) - mission idea & all of the remaining work to realize it
.... :rolleyes:

just began the mission, but stopped it cause I'm a bit annoyed by some things.

-in the briefing, the name of the village to take is not the same as the one on the map

-you should add weapon selection during briefing screen

-should add AT weapons in weapon selection

anyway, thanks for making mission(s) for the community

Wiki

Jedra, only briefing template was borrowed from SaOk's Zub [i already gave him a mention]. No idea what do you mean by "other stuff" and music (I chose it myself...).

Fair enough - my apologies. I presume you will change the briefing to make it relevant to the new map. I'll giove it another go later on.

Looks good. I've been looking for a mission for this map, and voila! :)

Should I be playing this with ACE? I'm finding the armour threat in the convoy pretty difficult, and before I can take care of them I'm taking more armour shelling from way off behind them. Making matters worse, I'm watching my AT teammates switching between their AT and AR weapons as the convoy closes on the ambush point. I'd rather have satchel/AT weapons of my own, and not be so dependent on the AI.

Thanks for the mission!

Wiki, typos and various improvements should be present in the next version. I can't specify how long it will take to release a proper update as I have other on-going projects in the pipeline and also a thing called RL.

Jedra, notes section has been already fixed in the latest v1.1.

Zatoichi, thanks for playing. I'm planning to make weapon selection avaiable (satchel charges included, ofc) and visibility drastically reduced to avoid player being under fire by distant vehicles in v1.2. Perhaps ACE would be useful on this mission, I'm not sure, depends on your liking.