Sign in to follow this  
twisted

congratulations on the south asia landscape

wow, playing tkoh rearmed from a infantry level really shows off how awesome and varied the land is.

one of the best maps even if quality is lower due to ensuring smooth play for helicopters.

It really feels like being in the unfriendly land as it is big, spectacular, sometimes imposing and not friendly. digging it a ton. dont think i'll ever get to see all of it, which means new challenges often.

anyway just wanted thanks. wonder if theres any chance of modders being able to add slightly higher textures for close/midground and bit more detailed clutter. then it'd be perfect.

Asia is my favoured playground, max draw distance and 12k for scenery can still sustain well over forty FPS apart from when you are at that estuary with tons of trees. Avoid that area like the plague if you do want to crank everything right up. ;)

Brilliant for using fixed wing aircraft, and indeed the helis.

The grey paint scheme for the Russian hinds fits in really well on the mountain regions too.

Would be nice if they put proper roads in and maybe rezzed up the satmap a little, although it still looks great to fly around.

You don't realise how big the map is until you actually create mass battles on it and realise that what looked like putting opposing sides close is in fact not close at all.

Some people bad mouthed this map, but at the moment it stands as my personal favourite.

-Ziggy-;2144551']report back when you tell us how long it takes in real time for you to walk across the entire thing ! ;)

thats one of the things that maks it awesome - now paradrops, heli insertions, vehciles are so needed and make gameplay feel much more authentic.

i reckon this would be an epic MP kind of map.

I have made a thread here: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?133856-Rage-filled-post-making-unreasonable-demands-about-Roads-in-SE-Asia-Seattle&p=2142123#post2142123 asking about the roads.

If someone could make a dev ticket at devheaven, that´d be rad too. I love this map, finally tank battles happen at semi-realistic ranges, and all the transport vehicles begin to make sense. Infantry is -much- less mobile on this map.

Another trouble is that on some terrains, Units cannot navigate (No Unit will enter any of the big cities, for example, or any semi-rough mountains either.) I´d love to see some sort of system to work around this, to make this map fully accessible for ground units. It is by far my favourite map of TOH (I can´t enjoy seattle due to the constant low FPS and memory leaks causing crashes and lockups.)

and no solid water, please.

Edited by Scorlhov

i'd love to see progrssion in water not being solid pls, roads made working and a bit better ground texture/vegatation when closer. then this map would be beyond good. i mean the community probably would do this if they could be we cant so pls BIS...