Sign in to follow this  
mcnools

Aliabad Region - Version 1.1 Released!

5x5km, so not that big :)

Small but beautifully formed ;)

Seriously I'd rather a well-designed 5x5km map over a bad 20x20

Love the map, eventho i'm finding it difficult to create an FOB or some kind of base setup anywhere other then off the map... but other then that great work.

Had a mission on this tonight ported from Zarga - Was very impressive and enjoyable.

As Dom said very well designed.

Thanks

yer finding it hard to get a fob in there anybody got a template or a area were i get set one up please

yer finding it hard to get a fob in there anybody got a template or a area were i get set one up please

For anyone wanting place a composition of a base I use this:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=13122

Lots of compositions (pre arranged bases ready made) in the units list in editor, simply place the icon and your good to go, nothing more to do than line it up right. I have 2 bases working fine on this map through these in les than 15 seconds.

All different types of bases

- 165 compositions (A2: 81 /OA: 84)
How to use?

Just place the mod folder (@MrM-Addons) into your arma directory or an other addon folder of your choice.

In the Editor choose side Empty/Compositions (A2) or Empty/Compositions (OA). That´s it!

Its as simple as placing a module on the map.

Edited by mrcash2009

For anyone wanting place a composition of a base I use this:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=13122

Lots of compositions (pre arranged bases ready made) in the units list in editor, simply place the icon and your good to go, nothing more to do than line it up right. I have 2 bases working fine on this map through these in les than 15 seconds.

All different types of bases

Its as simple as placing a module on the map.

yer did not want to dowload a mod or is it only a missions

Just wanted to add my thanks for your hard work Mc and for producing a stunningly believable map.:)

However, as is the way with posts that begin with high praise I do have one small glitch:p

I'm having trouble with the sky textures flicking on and off. Clouds disappearing etc.

Problem could well be at my end, just wondered if anyone else has the same problem?

Either way a joy to use, much thanks!

Thanks! :) I haven't had that problem with this map specifically, so hopefully it's not because of the map, however, I think the problem might sometime appear when the weather is on a transition between two types of skies.

Haven't played Arma for ages, but after i saw some footage of your map i just had to login and send a message. Your map looks very impressive, great detail and it definitely "fits" my taste for maps. Thanks for your dedication to make this map!

Chill out :)

I just wanted to thank you for the really nice map. I had to do a quick tour of it by foot to make it supportable by my mission.

I hand placed a bunch of areas that represent flat areas. If you like, you can download my mission, see the locations, and actually update the config of your island to add in these as FlatArea locations if you want.

McNools can you update your map for arma 3? you just got to get rid of the PONDS! Like minimalaco did with fata! thanks!

Hi,

yes please! I love this map. Let me guess: cleggy has arma3 too - because the errors he reports - are the effects in arma3.

It is a long time ago Grillop3 asks for it. I'll hope you did not give up this project...

Please update this fantastic terrain.

cu

SerialMum

Hello guys, I'm glad you enjoy the map so much that you want it in ARmA 3 aswell, I would also like to see this, but unfortunatly I don't have any of the source-files anymore, and therefor I cannot edit the map. :/ The only thing I can think of if is someone were to release a version of the pbo with the pond-objects in them which has empty objects instead of the actual pond-models (but with the same name etc. to trick the game into loading them), I'm not sure if that would work, but if someone wants to give it a try then please go ahead. :) Perhaps it's also possible to do this by hex-editing my .wrp or something, but I don't know and I don't really have time to look into it. :/

Thanks man, might look into that :)

No worries :)

Also note that it can be done in very little time once you know how to operate the tool/the process.

Hi, are you planning on updating this map for arma 3 visual update?

BUMP Any status on the Arma 3 update? We'd love to see this on Arma 3!

Edited by Floxike

This map works fine in arma3. Only need @cupterrains and @cba