Sign in to follow this  
mcnools

Aliabad Region - Version 1.1 Released!

Keep them updates coming, McNools. :) Haven't found anything further to complain about yet. Might take another (crappy) picture though.

Diggers in assault mode.

aliabadmtf.jpg

My small french outpost (wip) in this amazing region :)

arma2oa2012050717141796.th.jpg

arma2oa2012050717161618.th.jpg

And a patrol

arma2oa2012050717582336.th.jpg

Keep the good work mate

Very nice outpost there! good work :) you should upload the template when you're done!

Anyway, hopefully I'll release an update this weekend, adding some of the things I've mentioned earlier, some new compounds, ruins, buildings etc. After that I'll try to refrain from adding any new buildings and such and just stick with bugfixing, since I don't want to mess things up too much for mission makers by adding a lot of new things (also, I feel the map will be finished in that aspect).

I'm really grateful for all the positive feedback from you guys! reading some of these comments really brings a smile to my face, it's great to see that the many hours I've spent on the map weren't in vain!

Thanks you, will do my best.

can i ask something before the release?

Make a 8 digit map for the DAGR :)

Thanks for yet another great addition to Arma, McNools. I finally had a chance to cruise around last night and have a look at the map. This map can also be a pseudo-Mexican-ish map for a border war type scenario (with some of Icebreakr's drug units). I'm definitely enjoying it.

Thanks you, will do my best.

can i ask something before the release?

Make a 8 digit map for the DAGR :)

Well, I could if I knew how, haha. :)

Maybe can i help you

Example grid config (under CfgWorlds):

class Grid : Grid {

class Zoom1 {

zoomMax = 0.0001;

format = "XY";

formatX = "0000";

formatY = "0000";

stepX = 10;

stepY = -10;

};

class Zoom2 {

zoomMax = 0.1;

format = "XY";

formatX = "000";

formatY = "000";

stepX = 100;

stepY = -100;

};

class Zoom3 {

zoomMax = 1;

format = "XY";

formatX = "00";

formatY = "00";

stepX = 1000;

stepY = -1000;

};

};

The only thing that needs to be adjusted for each map is the zoomMax value under class Zoom2 to obtain a smooth transition from the 1Km square grids to the 100m square grids.

source : http:wiki.ace-mod.net/Features

Just a suggestion, love the map by the way!

I know you are not using the Airport but it does work fine with AI and I like the idea of a dirt Airport we could use in a mission, could you move it closer to the edge of the map so we can use it in the editor? Can't zoom in on it to do anything.

Thanks

Hi McNools

Your map and its darkness issues has prompted me to write a small script to automatically give any enterable houses a light at night. Vastly improves the atmosphere of night missions (in my humble opinion of course!)

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?134139-Simple-house-lights-script&highlight=aliabad

Maybe can i help you

Example grid config (under CfgWorlds):

class Grid : Grid {

class Zoom1 {

zoomMax = 0.0001;

format = "XY";

formatX = "0000";

formatY = "0000";

stepX = 10;

stepY = -10;

};

class Zoom2 {

zoomMax = 0.1;

format = "XY";

formatX = "000";

formatY = "000";

stepX = 100;

stepY = -100;

};

class Zoom3 {

zoomMax = 1;

format = "XY";

formatX = "00";

formatY = "00";

stepX = 1000;

stepY = -1000;

};

};

The only thing that needs to be adjusted for each map is the zoomMax value under class Zoom2 to obtain a smooth transition from the 1Km square grids to the 100m square grids.

source : http:wiki.ace-mod.net/Features

Thanks! I'll take a look :)

Just a suggestion, love the map by the way!

I know you are not using the Airport but it does work fine with AI and I like the idea of a dirt Airport we could use in a mission, could you move it closer to the edge of the map so we can use it in the editor? Can't zoom in on it to do anything.

Thanks

I haven't made any airports before, but I suppose that in order to make it work correctly (or even look like an airport) I'd have to have it within the borders of the map and place runways etc. And I don't think that would suit such a small map, you'll just have to stick to helicopters taking of from FOB's and such! :)

thanks for your map buddy, I like it.

I've made 2 missions on it so far: Clean Sweep 2 and Tank Party.

Check my signature!

thanks for your map buddy, I like it.

I've made 2 missions on it so far: Clean Sweep 2 and Tank Party.

Check my signature!

Thanks! I'll have a look at them :)

Also, I think I've gotten the coordinate-thingy working, but I don't have ACE to test it, right now you can't see the 4-Digit grids on the map, but I guess they might show up when you use the DAGR? or do I have to adjust it in order to get them to show up when zoomed in almost to the maximum? The vanilla GPS show the 4-Digit coordinates, but I suppose it might be useful to be able to see the grids on the map when zoomed in aswell in order to report more precise coordinates etc.?

EDIT AGAIN: I've modified the config a bit more so that you can now see the 4-didigt grids on the ingame map, when zoomed in a lot, this is good no?

Edited by McNools

I'm not sure to understand but it will be good with pics. ;)

Vanilla GPS

arma2oa2012050919402185.th.jpg

ACE DAGR

arma2oa2012050919382090.th.jpg

The ingame map doesn't change

Ah, okay then, so I should keep the config in the state where those GPS-coordinates show up, but the grids don't show on the map?

(hm, however, I have 8 digits in total on the vanilla GPS, this is wrong? there should just be 6? I'll have to have a look again, haha)

Edited by McNools

oh a very accurate GPS ;)

Maybe IceBreakR can help you or another island maker

oh a very accurate GPS ;)

Maybe IceBreakR can help you or another island maker

Haha, indeed! hopefully someone can help.

Edit: From reading on the ACE-site it's my understanding that the vanilla gps showing 8 digits is normal, so I guess I'll keep it as it is, as long as no one objects too much against the extra digits?

Edited by McNools

I have a bunch of configs for setting map grids and sthud support and I just added one for this one (config identical to hazar-kot btw). They make 4 or 6 digit map coordinates and 8 digits for GPS:

https://dev-heaven.net/projects/tasm/repository/revisions/9bcdaacf85102f7b2bf525112c43a3c190af7549

Quick demo:

Thanks for another excellent map !

Edited by Robalo

Edit: From reading on the ACE-site it's my understanding that the vanilla gps showing 8 digits is normal, so I guess I'll keep it as it is, as long as no one objects too much against the extra digits?

But 8 digits with ACE? So it's good

ACE GPS ans DAGR have 8 digits

Quality work.

Will be enjoying some quality missions on this soon.

Really good map!One of the best ever!Nice job!

Very realistic!

I have a bunch of configs for setting map grids and sthud support and I just added one for this one (config identical to hazar-kot btw). They make 4 or 6 digit map coordinates and 8 digits for GPS:

https://dev-heaven.net/projects/tasm/repository/revisions/9bcdaacf85102f7b2bf525112c43a3c190af7549

Quick demo:

Thanks for another excellent map !

Thanks mate! I'll have a look at that. :) I suppose you don't mind if I include it? I'll credit you of course!

And thanks for the download-mirror Marcelinho!

And of course, thanks to the others for your compliments! :)

Edited by McNools

Hi Mcnools,

Was a bit slow on realising this map was out (light script link was how I realised) ... well, you did it again mate, such a great map. Lighting script, color module, Ambient civ's, UPSMON script and the good ole' Tier One boys ... and a cup of tea of course :dd: