Sign in to follow this  
scareya

Thanks for the Update

After playing V2 for a while now I can definitely find many improvements. The game is heading in the right direction IMHO (which it was already anyway ;)). I like basically every change being made with V2 with one exception: It's almost impossible to hit something with the Mantas now without relying on Auto Aiming. Those Mantas are almost impossible to be held steady in one direction - the improved responsiveness of the controls made the flying itself better though. It's just the aiming. Maybe adding or increasing the dead zone of the mouse control... I will not change to gamepad, that's for sure!

- 0000038: Film Grain Effect (and DOF) (http://www.carriercommand.com/feedback/view.php?id=38)

Ah, yes. That one. The Grain Effect should be completely removable. Reducing the Grain Effect is just not enough. Give the players the choice, please! Why should I worsen my graphics if there's no technical need? Be gone with it for good!

- 0000065: Equipment lost if Carrier stack is full (http://www.carriercommand.com/feedback/view.php?id=65)

I still don't understand the need for overstacking (Too many open questions: How does it work anyway? If the carrier is full, it's full, or isn't it? Is there an overstacking limit?). If the barque arrives with goods that don't fit on the carrier, that goods should be carried back to the stockpile instead. But the goods on the barque that do fit should be loaded onto the carrier as planned (which wasn't the case in Beta V1). Remove the overstacking, please. It is a function which is just not neccessary.

Edited by ScareYa

Nice work.Game is much more stable now.

Carrier movement is a bit less smooth now though.

I still don't understand the need for overstacking (Too many open questions: How does it work anyway? If the carrier is full, it's full, or isn't it? Is there an overstacking limit?). If the barque arrives with goods that don't fit on the carrier, that goods should be carried back to the stockpile instead. But the goods on the barque that do fit should be loaded onto the carrier as planned (which wasn't the case in Beta V1). Remove the overstacking, please. It is a function which is just not neccessary.

You may need to "overstack" in order to change weapons on a chassis. As long as that is the only way them I think that is ok. Well either allow that or get rid of the limits completely and have a overall size limit on the carrier just like that on the barque.

G

Does this beta by any chance install tages onto your computer? I have just found it and was wondering where it has come from.