http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Take_On_Helicopters_-_Rearmed

The load order is from right to left.

So:

1. Rearmed
  2. TKOH
  3. Arrowhead\Expansion
  4. Arrowhead
  5. Arma2

Thromp can you please upload your rpt. There should be almost no rpt spam (on startup) from Rearmed.

thanks i looked there but afaik the info there is out of date as it talks about tkoh beta.

or at least tell me what i am doign wrong here (OA and a2 are in same folder) as OA content does not load

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\Take On Helicopters\TakeOnH.exe" -nosplash -mod=C:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2;C:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\expansion;beta_toh;Hinds;@CBA_TOH;@CBA_OA;@CBA_A2;@CBA"

Did you check the RC part?

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Take_On_Helicopters_-_Rearmed#Release_Candidate_patch

And you missed this part :)

NOTE: Ensure paths using spaces are contained within quotation marks around the whole -mod parameter.

So this should work:

"-mod=C:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2;C:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\expansion;Hinds;@CBA_TOH;@CBA_OA;@CBA_A 2;@CBA;beta_toh"

Cheers PvP

I did read the page , but it was not as detailed about , when on first startup in expansions list , @common@addons etc become available by default , should I tick them or not , I will clear my sprofile and try again with your list order see if I get any spam thanks

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Take_On_Helicopters_-_Rearmed#Release_Candidate_patch

So this should work:

"-mod=C:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2;C:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\expansion;Hinds;@CBA_TOH;@CBA_OA;@CBA_A 2;@CBA;beta_toh"

awesome. thank you very much that worked and made it easier to comprehend for me. :)

well i did fresh install etc but something not right hmm .

Pastebin rpt

http://pastebin.com/rPWVFcDq

First Startup with nothing touched by me , this is how the Patch ordered the expansions

20k3g95.jpg

I then ticked the @ expansion and then Arrowhead became available ??

i think i will wait till further patch , i`m too confused lol.

25rm4px.jpg

Edited by Thromp

First off the @common and @expansion are obsolete now. These two folders are what you created yourself in the past to make it work, right?

As you use the RC1, you can also remove the beta folder.

What you seem to have done is to break the correct loading order in the expansion list.

You have two options:

1) Locate the TakeOnH.cfg and delete the modLauncherList section completely.

2) Re-order them in the Expansion menu to the correct order. Probably you need to push Arma 2 to the end.

See: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?133935-TKOH-Patch-1-06-Release-Candidate&p=2145239&viewfull=1#post2145239

(or order them completely the other way round)

What you seem to have done is to break the correct loading order in the expansion list.

I have deleted all profiles and started from fresh so i have broke nothing ,the patch automatically now decides

First off the @common and @expansion are obsolete now.

Yes but it was only way i could think to fix the loss of baf needs charachters_E error created by default

anyway i will try toi re order and remove the obsolete folders , thanks will let you know

Make sure to show hidden files and folders, and search all your harddrives. It seems the TakeOnH.cfg still exists somewhere. :)

Well of course there is always two :)

one in mydoc/takeon

one in mydoc/takeonother/thromp

I deleted both , removed obsolete folders and well its same as fisrt pic other post without beta expansion etc.

seems the errors i am getting is because its not loading arrowhead and Baf requires it , think i will try the -mod way see if my luck chages :)

thanks for help so far

EDIT

Nope , looks like its not recognising my Arrowhead install, must be some registery problem , not gonna reinstall the lot so think ill just run it like before by adding my own @ folders, not really an MP player .

Might even try write my own cpp and just have what i need loadded to be honest with what i use it for these days no sense having all them gigs loading.

Edited by Thromp

So this should work:

This is some kind of balck magic. now when i use this it wont run. come on, am i really that thick?

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\Take On Helicopters\TakeOnH.exe" -nosplash "-mod=C:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2;C:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\expansion;Hinds;@CBA_TOH;@CBA_OA;@CBA_A 2;@CBA;beta_toh"

this is run as a batch file in tkoh directory. reason i am doing this is i want ot run a few mods but the built in extension manager is so flaky (keeps forgetting OA) and clumsy to use (every entry i tick or untick jumps to anothe rposiiton on the page) that it is painful.

please could someone help here.

- You didnt add the take on folder itself, it should go before Hinds

- You don't need the TOH beta if you are using the 1.06 RC, but if you want to use the beta, you must also start the exe from the beta, currently you are starting the normal exe

You could launch it through Six Updater and then copy/paste the startup parameters.

twisted please upload your rpt and post a link to the file:

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/arma.RPT

should be just in a different folder there

i searched for *.rpt and found only arma2oa.rpt and tkoh.rpt.

uploaded to mediafire at http://www.mediafire.com/?drddrdyr6rel7lc,lzc90h54jn84ekw

i used six to get it working . thanks! i get weird screen though with brown boxes over the green menu background and an error message that i cant read . the shortcut i got from six is

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\Take On Helicopters\takeonh.exe" -noSplash -noFilePatching -showScriptErrors "-mod=C:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2;C:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\expansion;C:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\Take On Helicopters;Hinds;@CBA_TOH;@CBA_OA;@CBA_A2;@CBA;@ACE;@RH_MGS;@ACEX;@asr_rh_mgs_ace;@ASR_AI;Samples;@ACEX_RU;@ACEX_USNavy;@ACEX_SM;@RH_SMG;@RH_Pistol;@rh_pdw;@stmovement;@sthud;@st_lb_enhance;@RH_MK18;@RH_HK416;@rh_aks;@asr_rh_mk18_ace;@RH_M4;@rh_m14"

thanks so much for the help, hopefully this can help make it easier for more users on the big release.

Well you are modline from SU is lacking the Rearmed folder. :)

So basic story is:

a) You launch without -mod and everything is taken care of.

The internal modlauncher may not work with community mods. I have to double check that.

b) You use -mod but have to make sure you load everything needed and in the right order.

Updated the BIKI page to explain this:

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Take_On_Helicopters_-_Rearmed#With_community_mods

Is this understandable?

Understandable? 80%. Thanks very much for your guys time and help. Am off to work now, but will try it when I get home.

cheers!\

\

EDIT - it works perfectly. thanks!

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\Take On Helicopters\takeonh.exe" -noSplash -noFilePatching -showScriptErrors "-mod=@RH_MGS;@C1987_G3_V1.0;@UKF;@RH_SMG;@RH_Pistol;@rh_pdw;@SMK;@RH_MK18;@RH_HK416;@rh_aks;@RH_M4;@rh_m14;@ACEX;@ASR_AI;@ACEX_RU;@ACEX_USNavy;@ACEX_SM;@ACE;C:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2;C:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\expansion;C:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\Take On Helicopters;Rearmed;Hinds;Samples;@CBA_TOH;@CBA_OA;@CBA_A2;@CBA;"

Edited by twisted

I have been watching the forums for the last few months and not really posting except for some updates on the controls setups, and I must say, I have been very saddened by the lack of discussion concerning the flight model. It seems as though BIS has given up on VRS and other realistic effects. I hope this is not the case. ....but I sure am glad everyone is getting there ARMA content working. :(

Zentaos - if you want to see things changed then you have to help make that change happen. Watching the forums is not going to miraculously make the FM change.

Maybe there are not too many real life pilots using the game? As a non-pilot the flight model seems real enough to me. Unless it does something obviously wrong (like the old medium helicopter spin of death) then I personally do not feel qualified to comment on it.

Anyway, if you want a discussion then you might just have to start one!

TKOH support is still going, but we are not working with full staff for obvious reasons. Currently we are focusing on Rearmed and this patch, after which we'll hopefully get back to some other topics :)

Can we get some hot fix ,so we can start the exe with modline like beta or a description of what our registry should look like please,

I haven't been able to play or develop an addon since installing this patch :( .

what do you mean Thromp? please explain

Well I shall refrain from going over previous posts

In essence this registry driven access to my installations is not picking up my oa installation , I have tried several methods ,however the basis of my problem is simply the exe does not recognise my sprocket oa .

I have tried all methods but to no avail , seems the exe even overwrite my .cfg when I change it, I have no wish to reinstall every product again .

can you please send me your skype id/icq/steam via PM to troubleshoot your problem in live chat

I will be on my gaming rig on Friday hopefully , Skype is

Edited by Thromp

added :)

(you may want to remove your skype ID from a public post though)