Sign in to follow this  
noubernou

A.C.R.E - Advanced Combat Radio Environment - 1.4 Stable - Release Thread

Hi

right now im in process of setting up a linux server. ACRE is a must have for us, but does it work with linux? As it is depended on jayarma2lib, this is using dlls> dlls dont work on linuxservers

Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Edited by RunForrest

Hi

right now im in process of setting up a linux server. ACRE is a must have for us, but does it work with linux? As it is depended on jayarma2lib, this is using dlls> dlls dont work on linuxservers

Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

It doesn't matter, jayarma2lib isn't used on the server. Unless of course this has changed but I am 99% sure it isn't required.

+1

I have linux server and ACRE work perfectly.

You just need CBA, ACRE

Hello, My English is poor so I hope you can understand :)

I thought about an addition you can make for ACRE mods. In some mission scenario, there is the possibility to use a VIP. But sometimes, when there is more than one, it's not possible to use radio to talk with each other. (I mean "private" call)

I thought about an object, a cell phone that can be set up with a specific phone number in his option (like the fréquences in radio). When you want to call another VIP, you just have to dial the correct phone number. Then, the phone of the other man "ring" (or there is a signal on screen) and he can accept or not the call. (It should be great with a repertory in it to don't forget phone number and if VIP is killed or captured, someone else can use it with same number and repertory).

So to sum up, it's an object that is not influenced by distance and who can be used to call a single personn.

Thanks.

Sorry again for bad English.

Sorry about my english!

I have one question, which is the best TeamSpeak 3 SERVER version? not users version. I have in my TS the 3.0.6.1 SERVER version, which is compatible with 3.0.9 TS user version, the ACRE's version but the 3.0.8 SERVER version is not compatible with 3.0.9 user version, you need the last user version. Thanks for the help!

With ts 3.0.9 (it was the version bevor right?) and 1.4.10 my voice activation wont work proberly the hole time. at the start it works but it gets more and more activated (like my v.a.limit is set lower) until i transmit the hole time while using radio. So i need to switch to windows and set my voice activation higher (while in windows this wouldnt activate TS with my voice anymore). This i have to do 3-4 times.

With never update 3.0.10.1 its still the same problem AND after about 1min i cant use radio anymore. I still see the windows popping up on the right lower corner and i can listen when someone is using the radio and i hear it but i cant transmit anymore. When i switch to windows i see all guys unmuted (but acre still works ingame!), i need to go to plugins and press "refresh". This will make it work again for 1-2 minutes.

I just update with armarize and changed the dll's, didnt config or similar ever. Never had problems until now. I didnt install new sound drivers, only new amd for grafic.

i did go back to 3.0.9 and the same Problem i mentioned above. Lower then 3.0.9 my acre wont work anymore :-/

With ts 3.0.9 (it was the version bevor right?) and 1.4.10 my voice activation wont work proberly the hole time. at the start it works but it gets more and more activated (like my v.a.limit is set lower) until i transmit the hole time while using radio. So i need to switch to windows and set my voice activation higher (while in windows this wouldnt activate TS with my voice anymore). This i have to do 3-4 times.

With never update 3.0.10.1 its still the same problem AND after about 1min i cant use radio anymore. I still see the windows popping up on the right lower corner and i can listen when someone is using the radio and i hear it but i cant transmit anymore. When i switch to windows i see all guys unmuted (but acre still works ingame!), i need to go to plugins and press "refresh". This will make it work again for 1-2 minutes.

I just update with armarize and changed the dll's, didnt config or similar ever. Never had problems until now. I didnt install new sound drivers, only new amd for grafic.

i did go back to 3.0.9 and the same Problem i mentioned above. Lower then 3.0.9 my acre wont work anymore :-/

I think ACRE dont work well with voice activation. use PTT.

---------- Post added at 15:01 ---------- Previous post was at 14:48 ----------

Just saw this in the TS 3.0.12 changelog: http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthread.php/92269-TeamSpeak-3-Client-3-0-12-released

* Direct Input Hotkey is now automatically changed to "Default" in preparation to removing Direct Input in a later release. While you can manually switch it back to Direct Input again, we don't recommend to do so.

Would this affect ACRE if 'direct input' is removed? thanks.

:(

But it worked like a charm until the last 2 Versions came out. it is horrible for me to press a button to speak. Unnatural. Then press a button for Radio and on heavy chatter missions there is so much work to do. Yes i Need to use PtT but it would be awesome if Acre could patch this.

on the Feedback/bugtracker no answer, here no big Support. Is Acre Support dead? :(

This mod is soo nice.

**edit**

talked to some clanfriends about the problem and another one have the same problems like i do. as a Pilot he is not very happy about PtT, he also never had Problems :(

Edited by Numrollen

ACRE has not support voice activation in any form for almost 3 years now. Do not use it.

Yes, thx to clear my problem out.

btw: 99% of all users use voice activation, it worked 2years and 10 month.

i noticed that after the last update of ts3 , if you have the acre plugin enabled , then the keybord not working within ts3.

the only way to make the keyboard works is to disable the acre plugin.

something wrong with my setup?

also when this problem is fixed , can i play in arma3 with acre? or waiting for new release of acre for arma3??

thanks

You need to switch to Direct Input mode in the Hotkeys section of TS. There is a drop down in the bottom right hand corner.

TS is doing some funky stuff lately so expect a bit of turbulence.

btw: 99% of all users use voice activation, it worked 2years and 10 month.

Thanks 99% of all users for the 2 years and 10 months of hotmicing conversations with your family members, barking dogs, coughing, making me shout at you or alt-tab to mute you locally every half hour, giving our position away; It's been great, now for the love of god, please just use PTT. You're the problem, not the exception!

Hi all!

New version of TS3 .. ver 3.0.13. They removed the DirectInput option in the HotKeys Tab and now ACRE 1.4.10 works sometimes and sometimes not.

Any fix for this could be done?

Thanks for the help.

I've spent the last few hours trying to get ACRE working. Running latest TS and ACRE versions, userconfig files, and 'keys' files all pasted in, pasted the files into TS3 plugins file, run everything as admin. But cant get my ACRE to transmit. I have the radio in my backpack (on a server which supports it) but Capslock does nothing, cntrl shift X does nothing. So lost here

I've spent the last few hours trying to get ACRE working. Running latest TS and ACRE versions, userconfig files, and 'keys' files all pasted in, pasted the files into TS3 plugins file, run everything as admin. But cant get my ACRE to transmit. I have the radio in my backpack (on a server which supports it) but Capslock does nothing, cntrl shift X does nothing. So lost here

Are you sure you did set up everything right? e.g. win764 - TS64 - acre 64 plugin?

Liam, make sure you set TS' hotkeys in Direct input (thus not running TS 1.0.13).

Then check that, once you are ingame, ACRE is running (that you can see just below ACRE version on TS, user info panel).

GL, ArmA without ACRE is jut not the same world.

Hi everyone

I have searched the thread for "respawn" but I did not find any reference to the problem we have had recently.

Whenever we respawn our ACRE radio stops working properly, which means that after pressing CapsLock there is no beep, others cannot hear us speaking over the radio. The "transmitting" popup window appears but the radio itself no longer works properly. If we shut down TS and launch it again and reconnect, we get the message "ACRE has recovered from a pipe error" and afterwards everything works fine.

The strange thing is that even after the radio has stopped working properly, we still have 3D ACRE sounds so ACRE does not stop working completely.

We use all the ACE mods (ACE, ACEX, etc.) but apart from them nothing special.

Does anyone have the same issue? Dose anyone have an idea how to solve this problem? It is quite tiring to reconnect TS fifty times when playing something like warfare.

Thank you for the suggestions

I posted this update on the ACRE FB page...

Alright, a little status update in regards to TS 3.0.13. Right now our DirectInput system for some reason conflicts with their raw input system for getting keyboard events. I am not sure what is causing it, and neither is the Teamspeak team, but it seems like something that is not a priority for Teamspeak to fix.

This is fine though, I have a fix for it, and it works... But (there is always a but), the amount of code changes to fully implement the fix is fairly substantial (and includes some major changes to user settings), and furthermore it is a fix that has to be implemented across two different code bases (for A2 and A3). This is not something I feel like should be a priority right now for ACRE development. It is messy, it is working with old code that frankly should be entirely deprecated now and it detracts from the next major version of ACRE.

So for now, I am asking all communities that use ACRE to please stay on TS 3.0.12 or below for the time being. The next major version of ACRE has a better key handling system implemented already and making sure it works with TS 3.0.13 is trivial, as well as being the same code for A2 and A3. If a substantial amount of time persists between now and the next major version of ACRE and something pressing enough comes along there might be a release of the fix for ACRE 1.4, but for now time is being focused on the new code base!