Sign in to follow this  
noubernou

A.C.R.E - Advanced Combat Radio Environment - 1.4 Stable - Release Thread

HI, Folks, I feel a little dumb asking that but...

I can't install the ACRE (lattest version) on the TS3 (3.0.10.1) it still saying plugin failed to load.

Failed to open plugin.

I have tried manual installation, through play withsix... I run Win8 64bit.

It still say Api version 0 requiered 19

I really don't know what more can I do.

Woul apreciate any advice.

Edited by Delan

How do I link ACRE to a teamspeak channel so that all people on the server that are connected to ACRE are moved to the ACRE channel? Also what permissions do I need to give the teamspeak user?

Also how do I make it so if the user is not connected to the teamspeak an error displays on their screen and stops them from playing the server?

Hello.

I have a BIG problem. The radios are huge in when viewing with the control+shift+x when you have 3 monitors and 5040x1050. I cannot resize to smaller size or move them.. so I cannot manage (reach) some buttons to manipulate them because they are out of the screen.. Is there a way to resize them?

Thanks!

We have a member who has technical issues with ACRE. Four of our members have looked at his problem in the past 3 days, but nothing works. The user keeps having a closed pipe error (timeout). We tried everything, redownloading, using either 32bit or 64bit plugin, turning off anti-virus software, using earlier versions of Teamspeak, everything is always launched as Administrator. We simply exhausted all our knowledge and resources in this case. Nothing seems to work. Searching for this issue resulted in multiple threads of people who, as far as I have seen, did never manage to fix this, sometimes it was suddenly fixed or some people fixed this with a complete Windows reinstallation.

User is on Win 7 32bit. Any clues what else we can try?

Firewall and/or port settings, no or insufficient admin rights, magic?

So alright ACRE team... I have a crazy, crazy problem.

So I have done everything right in setup of ArmA2 and TeamSpeak 3 in relation to ACRE and the mods running with ACRE, I've had members of a clan I'm applying for and members of United Ops remote access my computer and try to solve the issue, but no avail.

The error I receive (it repeats is every 2-3 seconds) is: "ACRE has experienced a pipe error, pipe is now closing" I'm running a 32bit TS3, on a 32bit Windows 8 so the 64bit TS3 is not a viable solution, nor am I willing to re-install Windows 8 32bit.

I can update you with more info but its late and I can't find me notepad with all the stuff done.

-Cheers

Edit: A link to the clan thread; http://www.us-socom.org/dod/index.php/topic?f=58&t=904

Edited by GhostTwoSix

Hi, i can´t find a single line more on "intercom" than some dev somewhere telling that there is something like that. DOKU anyone?

How ever, what im looking for is freezing the "acre-head" of a player to a specific position from .sqf

So player should be free to move around ingame but the TeamSpeak logic keeps locked to the initial position (/an agent unit so it could keep sitting in a vehicle to detect death ;-?)

I struggled across the acre_sys_server_obelisk, but thats just the server link, nether the api.pbo gave me any more...

(the background is an extended uav that needs "you" in the seat (to get ace missile guidance working) while it shall still be "remote controlled" so 'for acre' the player remains in base/car/truck/location)

Any ideas welcome!

[13:22:4.205] * [1] Engine startup in progress...

[13:22:4.266] Opening game pipe...

[13:22:4.766] Game pipe opening successful. [00000ae8]

[13:22:4.767] * Startup completed

[13:22:4.913] Non-Stereo sound detected, initializing custom mixing...

[13:22:8.999] Client connected

[13:22:8.999] Client disconnected

windows x32 bit

yes, ran as admin, yes reinstalled acre, and teamspeak, yes reinstalled all mods, yes tried initializing acre before and in game, yes tried re-installing my whole game

AND YES I HAVE USED THE SEARCH FUNCTION.

Every post with this question was un-answered...

I made my own thread, but what the admins don't realise is whenever this question was asked in thread like this, it was BURIED it 100's more questions.

I'm having issues with the setDefaultChannels API function. Is there a specific locality it has to be executed on? My intent is to put all radios of a given side on the same channel, but separate from the channels of another side (to prevent crosstalk between factions). What I'm currently doing is the following:

acreSync.sqf

if (isServer || isDedicated) then {
   MB6_eastFreq = [2441,2446,2451,...];
   MB6_westFreq = [2541,2546,2551,...];
   MB6_ACREINIT = true;

publicVariable "MB6_eastFreq";
   publicVariable "MB6_westFreq";
   publicVariable "MB6_ACREINIT";
};

if(!isDedicated) then {
   waitUnti {MB6_ACREINIT};

_unit = _this select 0;
   switch(side _unit) do {
       case west: {
           devNul = ["ACRE_PRC343", MB6_westFreq] call acre_api_fnc_setDefaultChannels;
       };
       case east: {
           devNul = ["ACRE_PRC343", MB6_eastFreq] call acre_api_fnc_setDefaultChannels;
       };
   };
};

init.sqf

if(isServer || isDedicated) then {
   devNul = [] execVM "acreSync.sqf";
};
if(!isDedicated) then {
   devNul = [player] execVM "acreSync.sqf";
};

What ends up happening is that all of the radios on a given side, say BLUFOR, are on the same frequency, as indicated when you toggle between radios and it displays the frequency underneath the radio type. BUT, when attempting to speak on the same channel/frequency the other player cannot hear any radio comms. Am I missing something, or doing something wrong here?

In our clan, one of our users is having the timeout error as well,

I had it briefly but a restart of TS sorted it.

Seems like the only Common problem i've seen is having Windows 7/8 32bit version.

ACRE error log from Member:

[23:46:29.397] * Logging engine initialized.
[23:46:29.398] Configuration file does not exist [C:\Users\XXXXXXX\AppData\Roaming\TS3Client\acre_config.xml]. Creating with defaults...
[23:46:29.400] * initializing...
[23:46:29.400] * initialization complete
[23:46:33.795] * [1] Engine startup in progress...
[23:46:33.800] Opening game pipe...
[23:46:34.300] Game pipe opening successful. [00000a60]
[23:46:34.313] * Startup completed
[23:46:34.345] Stereo sound detected, initializing custom mixing...
[23:46:42.77] Client connected
[23:46:42.77] Client disconnected
[23:46:47.96] Client connected
[23:46:47.96] Client disconnected

Actions tried:

Running TS as Admin

Running either Arma 2 OA or Arma 2 OA (Beta client) as Admin

restarting TS while the Game is running or Restaring the game while TS is running.

Switching UAC off all together

Reinstalling ACRE, all @ACRE, @JayArma2Lib and Plugins in TS's plugins folder

Reinstalling Audio Driver

Reinstalling Arma 2 OA All together.

Adding exceptions to AV/firewall

Disabling AV/firewall

Sadly i have run out of idea's as to what the issue could be.

Update:

While creating this post, having changed Steam to also run as Administrator, even though UAC is disabled as worked, so will further test as see...

Cheers to:

Just in case you missed it> if you got the game from Steam, you need to run it as admin as well

for highlighting this, would not have thought that Running Steam as Admin would have been a dependency... Especially with UAC being switched off.

Edited by rhyswilliams999
Something worked... not sure how totally...

Will the new version of TS3 .. ver. 3.0.11 , work with the current release of ACRE?

Will the new version of TS3 .. ver. 3.0.11 , work with the current release of ACRE?

Seems to work, API version hasn't changed and seems to work with the testing i was doing earlier.

They even fixed a bug for us! They made some of the GUI calls we use for init logging (you know the little "ACRE is activated" thing in the chat window) thread-safe. Apparently, unbeknown to basically anyone since it wasn't in the documentation, anything in the API that interacted with the GUI had to be executed inside their GUI thread. To be honest I am not even sure how that was possible! So now they made the functions wrap to execution in their GUI thread and all is well!

---------- Post added at 04:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:55 PM ----------

In our clan, one of our users is having the timeout error as well,

for highlighting this, would not have thought that Running Steam as Admin would have been a dependency... Especially with UAC being switched off.

In ACRE2 hopefully this will not be an issue. The Windows UAC pipe authentication system is just wretched and almost entirely undocumented. I think someone on our tracker linked us to some suggested solutions, but I have not tried implementing them yet (again, its someone outside of MS who figured it out through basically trial and error).

@NouberNou,

Are you, and where (if so) should I post errors I'm seeing within the Server RPT file?

Most of the errors I'm seeing are 'undefined variables' which are now being reported with the latest A2 Beta's.

The entries SPAM the log file and I believe cause a slight performance hit on the system (as the RPT file is constantly being written too)

One example from the RPT....

File ca\modules\functions\misc\fn_initCounter.sqf, line 16

Error in expression <acre_sys_prc117f_channels>

Error position: <acre_sys_prc117f_channels>

Error Undefined variable in expression: acre_sys_prc117f_channels

Error in expression <compile _run;

_powersArray = call _go;

_powersArray>

Error position: <_powersArray>

Error Undefined variable in expression: _powersarray

File idi\clients\acre\addons\api\fnc_getDefaultChannels.sqf, line 25

Error in expression <acre_sys_prc117f_powers>

Error position: <acre_sys_prc117f_powers>

Error Undefined variable in expression: acre_sys_prc117f_powers

Error in expression <compile _run;

_powersArray = call _go;

Seems to work, API version hasn't changed and seems to work with the testing i was doing earlier.

Thanks! yes, tested and all seems ok.

i find i have a problem in that since the lateste ts3 update 3.0.11.1 when acre is enabled, press to talk no longer works? ideas ?

Devildog - Only reason why that would work is cause you need to set your self to direct input.

Goto settings - options - hotkeys

Bottom right you will see a drop down, use direct input and restart teamspeak.

I am having trouble with ACRE and hopefully someone can help. Intermittently I can not transmit over the the radio. One second I can transmit, however the next I cannot. I can still hear other people on the radios but I can not reply. Everything is running as an admin and I am out of ideas.

Are you using voice activation? If so you need to disable it.

I am having trouble with ACRE and hopefully someone can help. Intermittently I can not transmit over the the radio. One second I can transmit, however the next I cannot. I can still hear other people on the radios but I can not reply. Everything is running as an admin and I am out of ideas.

Are you pushing your PTT key and the radio key at the same time? if so, stop.

Hello Guys,

I have little Problem with my ACRE.

If i started to play an ArmA 2 Mission with ACRE everything is fine. But i realise that i sometimes cant hear normal Voice over Teamspeak.

On my 2nd. monitor i can see my Bro is talking over Teamspeak and InGame i often cant hear him. Playing like this isn't possible.

For Example:

"Hey! Did ..... see ..... ?"

I know it is a very bad Example but better as nothing.

I search in a lot of Forum for an answer but there wasn't the correct Answer... :(

My System:

ArmA 2 CO with newest Beta Patch (Steam)

Teamspeak 3.0.11.1 (i also try to downgrade and start with Admin permissions)

Newest ACRE, CBA, JayArma2Lib (I also try JayArmA2Lib_new), ACE, and BWMod.

Alpinestars ArmA 2 Launcher

So i hope someone can help me :)

P.S. Sorry for my bad English. Im from Germany.

Edited by K4MPFK4T3R