Sign in to follow this  
noubernou

A.C.R.E - Advanced Combat Radio Environment - 1.4 Stable - Release Thread

Well Win7 has UAC. Depending on your setup, run as Admin. Also under "Hotkeys" in TS, down on the lower right corner; set to "Direct Input".

For me to be successful with ACRE on my setup: Rt-clik on the game exe and run as Admin, same for TS, and also my "Setpoint" software for my mouse(I use my mouse for the Rad key).

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?133891-A-C-R-E-Advanced-Combat-Radio-Environment-1-4-Stable-Release-Thread&p=2356518&viewfull=1#post2356518

Check! I dont know, why ACRE dont give me a radiosquawk.

So, you are using the # key? Did you set that up in the "userconfig/ACRE/acre_keys.hpp?

"class PTTRadio // Talk over radio"

key = 43; // # (please unbind from your normal PTT key)

I use Delete.

key = 211; // delete (please unbind from your normal PTT key)

Yeah, i see the radiosymbol going up, but i dont hear the radiosquawk, when i hold longer the ptt-key for ACRE, then the radiosymbol got the yellow borderline, but i cant transmit, my mates cant hear me. They can hear me only at local area, when i dont use the ACRE-Radios.

Okay, I'm sorry if this is in the wrong section, or whatever. But I'm getting really pissed about this and I've got no other place to ask this, I've tried almost anything I can.

Okay, so.. My problem is that I cant hear SHIT. Or, well, I can.. But it's really quiet.. If someone joins the channel I'm in while using Acre, all sounds drop down like crazy and I can no longer hear ANYONE speaking in local, and radios, well.. Radios I cant hear overall, I can hear some faint voice and if I concentrate I could probably hear it, but, if there is even the slightest sound in the area, like the wind blowing, I cant tell what they're saying.

I've tried reinstalling Acre, and reinstalling Teamspeak aswell, but nothing works. And it's really getting on my nerves.

Okay, so.. My problem is that I cant hear SHIT. Or, well, I can.. But it's really quiet..

In Teamspeak navigate to Settings -> Plugins. Now doubleclick on the ACRE Plugin to open the ACRE Menu (can take a bit). Here you can adjust the overall ACRE Volume :)

Maybe you need to restart Arma and Teamspeak, sometimes it doesnt work immediatly.

Hope this helps.

Regards

In Teamspeak navigate to Settings -> Plugins. Now doubleclick on the ACRE Plugin to open the ACRE Menu (can take a bit). Here you can adjust the overall ACRE Volume :)

Maybe you need to restart Arma and Teamspeak, sometimes it doesnt work immediatly.

Hope this helps.

Regards

But, in there I can only change overall radio volume, I cant hear people in local either if someones joins the channel.

Teamspeak had an update today - does the plugin accept it or will we have to wait?

Teamspeak had an update today - does the plugin accept it or will we have to wait?

Just tested it and haven't noticed any issue.

Updated to latest ACRE version. Running TS version 3.0.10.1. Havent had an issue for the past year with ACRE, now when I get in game I connect to TS but I get ACRE Pipe error and this loops about every 10-15 seconds. So far I have tried the following:

Downdating TS to 3.0.10, reupdate

Closing/Repopen TS

Shutdown/Reinit ACRE Plugin

Manually Install ACRE Plugin

Install with Six

Computer restart

I run TS & ArmA2 as admin

JayArma2Extension Initialized
PIPE ERROR: -23

Edited by JollyResQ

Just logged a new error on the tracker: when pressing 'shift,alt,2' to use alternate radio when no alternate radio is equiped causes ts3 to freeze up and crash.

Hi, I am part of a small community that has started using acre in arma 2. We mostly use missions we find online and most of the missions do not officially support acre. even though acre automatically adds the basic radio for everyone I was wondering if it was possible to give some of the players certain radios for long distance communication and communicating with vehicles and aircraft. Is there a way for admins to spawn in other radios?

Hey guys, for the past few months (I'd say about the time I got my G35 Headset linked up with the keybinds for ACRE's Radio) I've had this annoying bug... It's not the G35 as far as I'm concerned, since I removed it and the keybinds and the problem continued. It's a hard to explain problem, but...

Whenever I press the radio button, no sound is played (But the transmitting appears) and the radio isn't heard. After 1-2 seconds, it plays the end transmission sound. If I talk during the silence, it doesn't play the end trans sound till I stop talking... (Although again, nothing is heard). The only way to get it to work is to press, wait for end, press, wait for end over and over until the lucky chance that it plays the begin tranmission sound. Then I can talk, and then it transmits until I stop talking. I don't have to hold CAPS/Keybind, I just have to tap it for some strange reason, say my message, and it turns off automatically. This is becoming a serious problem during 11th MEU operations, and I can't contact Command Staff and have to resort to my RTO doing everything.

I can record a fraps and upload to YouTube (Although a random video of my error doesn't really fit the channel) if you need, but other than that, any suggestions?

Thanks,

Sgt M. Sasuke

22nd MEU Outlaw 2 Actual

Hey guys, for the past few months (I'd say about the time I got my G35 Headset linked up with the keybinds for ACRE's Radio) I've had this annoying bug... It's not the G35 as far as I'm concerned, since I removed it and the keybinds and the problem continued. It's a hard to explain problem, but...

Whenever I press the radio button, no sound is played (But the transmitting appears) and the radio isn't heard. After 1-2 seconds, it plays the end transmission sound. If I talk during the silence, it doesn't play the end trans sound till I stop talking... (Although again, nothing is heard). The only way to get it to work is to press, wait for end, press, wait for end over and over until the lucky chance that it plays the begin tranmission sound. Then I can talk, and then it transmits until I stop talking. I don't have to hold CAPS/Keybind, I just have to tap it for some strange reason, say my message, and it turns off automatically. This is becoming a serious problem during 11th MEU operations, and I can't contact Command Staff and have to resort to my RTO doing everything.

I can record a fraps and upload to YouTube (Although a random video of my error doesn't really fit the channel) if you need, but other than that, any suggestions?

Thanks,

Sgt M. Sasuke

22nd MEU Outlaw 2 Actual

You are using some sort of voice activation mode. Do not use it. ACRE does not support voice activation modes what so ever. That include PTT with voice activation, make sure this is NOT enabled!

@NouberNou, do you know, why ACRE don't play the Radiosquawk? I can't transmit, but Radiosymbol is visible. My mates tell me, they see my lips moving, but can't hear me.

disable voice activation enable ptt in your ts3 settings

*sigh* And again ...

I have installed ARMA 2 & OA + beta patch + ACE. No problems, no errors or missing cfgs or whatever, when i start or end it.

If i want play now with ACRE, i can hear my mates local and regional (radio), i can speak/yell to them at local area, but ACRE dont transmit. When i press Capslock, i see the radio-symbol in the right down corner popping on, but i dont hear the radiosquawk and my mates can't hear my blabla per radio, only local work fine. Teamspeak tell me, ACRE is connected.

Game is started by Play withSix (force Administrator) and Teamspeak (3.0.10) started as Administrator too. I have Push to talk active, its "#" TS3 and ACRE got Capslock, they work all fine, but no radiosquawk, so no transmit.

Installed CBA, ACRE and JayArma2lib per Play withSix and manual (deleted the three folders + userconfig/acre and the dll in plugins-folder of teamspeak 3, restarted the pc and installed it per hand), isnt working.

I use Win7 professional with service pack 1. Ah, disabled the windows essential security too for a test, but no change.

Oh, how i can disable the AI Shatters (Radio talk), its annoying, its too loud for me, i cant unterstand my mates, when some recorded speakers tell me their problems.

Hi my rpt is spammed by this error.

Can someone point me in the right direction to fix this?

SET RADIO STATE acre_sys_data_radioLockObject OR acre_sys_server_obelisk IS NIL!

ACRE connected? Direct Speaking working fine? No squawk and people can't hear you on radio?

You are using some sort of voice activation mode. Do not use it. ACRE does not support voice activation modes what so ever. That include PTT with voice activation, make sure this is NOT enabled!

Thats enough of the same answer over and over again for a while I think.

I don't have PTT with voice activation active! I checked some threads at some boards, before i joined this board, they telled me all the same: "Do not use voice activation in every variants!", but i don't have them active! That is my problem with acre!

Some people don't hear their own radio squawk (without any voice activation set) and the radio works but they do have trouble to hear others - sometimes their TS crashs. Are there issues with TS3 + ACRE plugin or is this just Murphys Law? ;)

I don't have PTT with voice activation active! I checked some threads at some boards, before i joined this board, they telled me all the same: "Do not use voice activation in every variants!", but i don't have them active! That is my problem with acre!

Are you using both your PTT and capslock? as you only need to push capslock to speak on the radio and pushing both will generally make it not work

Capslock = ACRE Radiokey; # is Teamspeak 3 Push to talk-Key.

So i need only to press Capslock? :confused:

Capslock = ACRE Radiokey; # is Teamspeak 3 Push to talk-Key.

So i need only to press Capslock? :confused:

When talking on the radio press and hold caps, when talking on local push and hold your usual PTT key. I'm not sure what happens if you press both at the same time but its probably not a good idea to.