Sign in to follow this  
noubernou

A.C.R.E - Advanced Combat Radio Environment - 1.4 Stable - Release Thread

Could my friend and I be in your tester list?

@Kontakt-5.

Would be an honor. :cool:

I have done several successful Arma videos with teammates in french on youtube, and we are about to make another one but we want to know if it is worth waiting a week for the first version of ACRE to be released or you plan to release it later ?

I would offer my help to create some high resolution radio textures!

The current ones look like placeholders:P ;)

Just send me the resolution restrictions and an example picture of the needed radio and I will get the work done=)

Best regards!

I've had a bit of trouble mapping my controls when using two radios as RTO, because I wanted to use my keyboard's Hotkey 3 for SR and Hotkey 5 for LR. This didn't work using END (the key I set for PTT) and Shift+Alt+2 because ACRE puts the radios in random order, so that radio 1 might not be the 343 and radio 2 not the LR and also using END triggers the current radio, not radio 1.

So I mapped Shift+Alt+1 and Shift+Alt+2 to the hotkeys instead but still sometimes the SR is Radio2 and sometimes Radio1 (some missions have given me a third radio when playing as RTO but so far I've not needed that and just drop it) so it gets a bit confusing remembering which button to press.

I also had to remap my mouse button 4 from End to Shift+Alt+1, which I couldn't do with my mouse control software but think I've managed with AHK

XButton1::

Send {LSHIFT down}{LAlt down}{1 down}

Keywait, %A_ThisHotKey%

Send {1 up}[LAlt up}{LSHIFT up}

return

although it would be nice if the Radio1 key could be changed in the userconfig, as Radio2, Radio3 can.

Edited by doveman

Doveman,.. Doveman Is it you I helped a bit on the St_Acre_Volume Topic?

Anayway theses Push to talk on a specific radio are bugged. As you can see.

I'm in AZERTY :D

class acre_sys_core

{

class Interact // Interact with vehicule

{

key = 16; // CTRL+SHIFT+A

shift = 1;

ctrl = 1;

alt = 0;

};

class InteractSelf // Useless

{

key = ;

shift = ;

ctrl = ;

alt = ;

};

class PTTRadio // Talk over radio

{

key = 47; // V (please unbind from your useless Jump Over Key...)

shift = 0;

ctrl = 0;

alt = 0;

};

class PTTRadioAlternate_1 // BUG

key = ;

shift = ;

ctrl = ;

alt = ;

};

class PTTRadioAlternate_2 // BUG

{

key = ;

shift = ;

ctrl = ;

alt = ;

};

class PTTRadioAlternate_3 // BUG

{

key = ;

shift = ;

ctrl = ;

alt = ;

};

};

// Quick switch keys for radios

class acre_sys_list

{

class Forward // Move forward through your radios

{

key = ; // I use Backward instead..

shift = ;

ctrl = ;

alt = ;

};

class Backward // Move backwards through your radios

{

key = 58; // CTRL+CAPS

shift = 0;

ctrl = 1;

alt = 0;

};

class OpenRadio // Open current radio

{

key = 58; // CTRL+SHIFT+CAPS

shift = 1;

ctrl = 1;

alt = 0;

};

};

//CTRL ; SHIFT ; CAPS LOCK must not be assigned to any kind of movement. For exemple with default ACRE key if you switch radio it will make you move.. Fail fail fail. The same happen in vehicule.. SHIFT+ALT+S.. Tadaaaa you engine turn ON. You're spotted !

When playing on a normal keyboard. (Razer Anansi :cool:).

Here is how I setted up my ACRE action. I'm on Azerty. Using ZQSD.

CTRL+CAPS to switch Radio. //CTRL is my turbo key. So I don't sprint if I don't press Z at the same time.

CTRL+SHIFT+CAPS to open the selected radio. // SHIFT is my key to alternate run/walk. CAPS is set up on "Return" and "Direct Channel".

CAPS to use St_Acre_Volume (Direct Channel) + Return + Activate V.A capture profile

V to use Radio

V is usualy on "jump over". Just bind it on 2XAlt. So you jump and at the same time enable free look. When Releasing ALT it come back to center. :cool:

So with this you should be able to fully use ACRE while fighting. Driving or flying even with Keyboard and mouse.

And you SHOULD unbind mouse left and right from "selected action" and "return" So you can manage AI while fighting. To return just press CAPS..

0 annoying keybind conflict.

Isn't that cool? :yay:

Acre Volume calibration.

St_Acre_Volume tips.

---------- Post added at 07:50 ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 ----------

It seems you know how to make macro or script, so what you need is a key that will do

if (event == "G_PRESSED") and (arg == 27) then

PressandReleaseKey("l-ctrl", "caps") // To switch to your other radio

Sleep(10) // milliseconde So it's almost instant

PressKey("v") // to use previously selected radio

elseif (event == "G_RELEASED") and (arg == 27) then

ReleaseKey("v") // Message over.

Sleep(10)

PressandReleaseKey("l-ctrl", "caps") // To switch to main radio

This could be use on Logitech script. (LUA)

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/g13-advanced-gameboard

Edited by hon0

Doveman,.. Doveman Is it you I helped a bit on the St_Acre_Volume Topic?

Indeed it was. This is what I'm using and I don't have a problem, I was just saying there should be a mapping for "Transmit on Radio 1" (well there is but not user-customisible it seems)

class Interact 
{
	key = 16; 
	shift = 1;
	ctrl = 0;
	alt = 1;
};

class InteractSelf 
{
	key = 18; 
	shift = 1;
	ctrl = 0;
	alt = 1;
};

class PTTRadio	// Talk over radio
{
	key = 207;  	// END (please unbind from your normal PTT key)
	shift = 0;
	ctrl = 0;
	alt = 0;
};

class PTTRadioAlternate_1	// Talk over radio 2nd radio
{
	key = 2;
	shift = 1;
	ctrl = 0;
	alt = 1;
};
class PTTRadioAlternate_2	// Talk over radio 3nd radio
{
	key = 3; 
	shift = 1;
	ctrl = 0;
	alt = 1;
};
class PTTRadioAlternate_3	// Talk over your 4th radio
{
	key = 4; 
	shift = 1;
	ctrl = 0;
	alt = 1;
};
};

// Quick switch keys for radios
class acre_sys_list
{
class Forward	// Move forward through your radios
{
	key = 41;  	// alt-`
	shift = 0;
	ctrl = 0;
	alt = 1;
};
class Backward	 // Move backwards through your radios
{
	key = 31;  	// alt-shift-s
	shift = 1;
	ctrl = 0;
	alt = 1;
};
class OpenRadio	 // Open current radio
{
	key = 41;  	// alt-shift-`
	shift = 1;
	ctrl = 0;
	alt = 1;
};

};

//CTRL ; SHIFT ; CAPS LOCK must not be assigned to any kind of movement. For exemple with default ACRE key if you switch radio it will make you move.. Fail fail fail. The same happen in vehicule.. SHIFT+ALT+S.. Tadaaaa you engine turn ON. You're spotted !

I'm not sure if I've changed the A2 control bindings to stop it but I don't think I move when pressing Shift (still bound to vehicle turbo and jog/walk temporary and toggle but that only makes any difference if I'm moving with WSAD). CAPS LOCK is by default bound to VON PTT, so I'm not sure why that would make you move. Ctrl I use for Hold Breath and Alt for Freelook. I have ` mapped to Direct Channel so use Ctrl+` for ST-Acre-Vol, 2xC for Step Over and V for Compass Toggle.

Edited by doveman

Yep theses options :

class PTTRadioAlternate_1 // Talk over radio 2nd radio

{

key = 2;

shift = 1;

ctrl = 0;

alt = 1;

};

class PTTRadioAlternate_2 // Talk over radio 3nd radio

{

key = 3;

shift = 1;

ctrl = 0;

alt = 1;

};

class PTTRadioAlternate_3 // Talk over your 4th radio

{

key = 4;

shift = 1;

ctrl = 0;

alt = 1;

};

Aren't OK. It bug cause of ID or something like that. I can't explain it. That's why I suggest you to do this ;

if (event == "G_PRESSED") and (arg == 27) then

PressandReleaseKey("l-ctrl", "caps") // To switch to your other radio

Sleep(10) // milliseconde So it's almost instant

PressKey("v") // to use previously selected radio

elseif (event == "G_RELEASED") and (arg == 27) then

ReleaseKey("v") // Message over.

Sleep(10)

PressandReleaseKey("l-ctrl", "caps") // To switch to main radio

With your software. I can't remember the name but i'm sure you'll succes this way. :cool:

---------- Post added at 10:55 ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 ----------

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?137672-ShackTac-ACRE-Volume-Control&p=2238317&viewfull=1#post2238317

Here it is. Niv use a soft to make some advenced macro, script.. That's the way to go if you don't have a Logitech Keyboard. Or other keyboard script tool

Edited by hon0

Yep theses options :

Aren't OK. It bug cause of ID or something like that. I can't explain it. That's why I suggest you to do this ;

I'm not sure what you mean but I don't think I've run into any problems using Alt+Shift+1 and Alt+Shift+2. I haven't used 3 or 4 as I don't normally have more than 2 radios, so I couldn't say if there's any problems with those.

I'm sure your macro must work for you but it seems a bit strange to switch back to radio 1 before releasing the PTT key. Wouldn't it make more sense to release it (v) first?

With your software. I can't remember the name but i'm sure you'll succes this way. :cool:

Yeah my software for my sidewinder X4 keyboard (Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Centre) is a bit sucky and I don't think it lets me do advanced macros like that and my mouse software (A4Tech) is even worse and doesn't even allow me to easily bind key combos like Alt+1 to a mouse button (although it has a macro editor so it might be possible with that although I don't understand how to use it). It's generally easier to use AutoHotKey (what niv used) for my mouse and I don't need to map anything other than alt+shift+1 to transmit on radio1 to it anyway. I haven't got AHK working with the keyboard yet as I don't know how to trap the hotkeys so I have to use the Microsoft software to map key combos to those.

Anyway, I think I prefer using transmit on radio1 and transmit on radio2 rather than the PTT key, as that will transmit on the currently selected radio, so if I've been selecting radios to tune it can get a bit confusing, whereas radio1 and radio2 at least stay constant per mission (unless I drop them of course!)

Here it is. Niv use a soft to make some advenced macro, script.. That's the way to go if you don't have a Logitech Keyboard. Or other keyboard script tool

It says that's "an autohotkey script to press right mouse button after actioning the mouse wheel while in direct talk mode." not to use radio1 or radio2.

I'm sure your macro must work for you but it seems a bit strange to switch back to radio 1 before releasing the PTT key. Wouldn't it make more sense to release it (v) first?

+1 :cool: It was to check if you read it x'P

Well you got it then. You should be able to do whatever you want with autoHotkey I think.

whereas radio1 and radio2 at least stay constant per mission (unless I drop them of course!)

That's the problem. If you take a radio then release it for X reason then take it back.. It will bug. That's why the swtich to next or preview radio is the best way to go. This way you're sure it will work

Tell me if you succes or not. I'm interested.

+1 :cool: It was to check if you read it x'P

lol, did I pass the test then? ;)

That's the problem. If you take a radio then release it for X reason then take it back.. It will bug. That's why the swtich to next or preview radio is the best way to go. This way you're sure it will work

Tell me if you succes or not. I'm interested.

Certainly I can see that if I have for example a 343 and a 117 which are radio1 and radio2 and then I drop the 343, then the 117 will now be radio1 and if I pick up the 343 again it will be radio2, so to get them back in the original order I'd have to drop them both and pick up the 343 first, then the 117. Is this what you mean by "bug"? I think though in that situation, using your method would have a similar problem, in that pressing End will not trigger a constant radio but whichever one is currently selected and your macro will trigger the next radio, which will vary depending on which one is currently selected too.

I'll try and test with dropping the radios and picking them up and see if it works with my keys though.

Yes that's what I call bug. With 40+ players using this method we had some hard crash. And server cycle drop.

By default I use V to talk on 343

Then if I press my "script" key it will switch to 148 or.. the 2nd radio and talk on it.

If you manually select 148 to be the defaut radio then if you use script it will talk on 343..

Easy :)

Yes that's what I call bug. With 40+ players using this method we had some hard crash. And server cycle drop.

Ooh, hard crash and server cycle drop. I'd definitely call that a bug ;)

Hello,

i got a sturdy problem with ACRE 1.4.10.

I have installed ARMA 2 & OA + beta patch + ACE. No problems, no errors or missing cfgs or whatever, when i start or end it.

If i want play now with ACRE, i can hear my mates local and regional (radio), i can speak/yell to them at local area, but ACRE dont transmitt. When i press Capslock, i see the radio-symbol in the right down corner popping on, but i dont hear the radio squawk and my mates cant hear my blabla per radio, only local work fine. Teamspeak tell me, ACRE is connected.

Game is started by Play withSix (force Administrator) and Teamspeak (3.0.10) started as Administrator too. I have Push to talk active, its "#" and anothers keys too, they work all fine, but no radio squawk, so no transmitt.

Installed CBA, ACRE and JayArma2lib per Play withSix and manual (deleted the three folders + userconfig/acre and the dll in plugins-folder of teamspeak 3, restarted the pc and installed it per hand), isnt working.

I use Win7 professional with service pack 1. Ah, disabled the windows essential security too for a test, but no change.

Oh, how i can disable the AI Shatters (Radio talk), its annoying, its too loud for me, i cant unterstand my mates, when some recorded speakers tell me their problems.

Please, i dont want to forced into a car/tank, where my commander speak for me to the outsiders :D

Edited by AG_Wittmann

When i join a game on the top right it would say disconnected from teamspeak. When my friends talk around me i can hear them but i can't use the radio and I also can't hear the people on the radio. :confused: I have CBA, ACRE and JayArma2lib. Can anyone please help?

Edited by raymond531

Hi.

After hours and hours of trying to google this with no success, hopefully someone here could assist.

My group is in the need of a program/script/function that will automatically detect if any new players joining our server is connected to our teamspeak. If they are not, they'd get a warning saying "WARNING: You are not connected to our teamspeak, you will be auto-kicked unless you connect" - also, it would move the person connecting to the proper TS3 Channel.

I know there are quite a few servers who run this feature. Tried contacting most of them, with no reply yet.

If someone with knowledge on how to set this up could give us a hand, we'd be most appreciative.

We'll be offering a donation via PayPal for the troubles aswell.

PM me :)

I can pop up the radio-symbol, but i dont hear the radiosquawk, so i cant transmit. Option was on "direct input" too.

My mates can see my lips moving, but no voice, when i press the radiobutton. When i speak without pressing radiobutton, then they can hear me at local area (80 meters)

Edited by AG_Wittmann

I can pop up the radio-symbol, but i dont hear the radiosquawk, so i cant transmit.

Sounds a bit strange and not logical, but I´ve go the same Problem.

But when I hit my Caps-Lock Button very hard, the "radiosquawk" appears and I can transmitt.

Maybe there ist physicaly problem of your button....

My Caps-Lock button is ok and functional, just in case of ACRE, the button makes trouble....

you are not allowed to transmit over TS while you activate the ACRE PTT.

Remeber with voice activation you might transmit over TS already before using ACRE PTT: then it wont work.

ACRE keeps resetting the voice activation Level in Teamspeak all the time for me.

http://tracker.idi-systems.com/issues/248

Hmm, dont think so, its the same keyboard, i switched from an PC with XP Professional to Win7 Professional and im using the same mouse, keyboard and headset.

Tried now PTT Teamspeak hotkey at "#" and ACRE PTT at "Capslock" (Standard), no transmit available. Damned, dont know, what i can now do ...

With XP all was fine ...

I was on a MilitaryGaming.com server and everyone without ACRE Plugin running in Game AND Teamspeak has been noticed and wasnt able to join a Slot.

Specifically, how do you force the ACRE TeamSpeak3 Plugin to be running on your server? (What scripting or how do you make your server detect and force ACRE)

How do you further automate switching channels once entering a game?. e.g., I was automatically moved to and fro a "lobby" when I was not in the server, and was moved into active gaming channel when I was in-game.

Regards :)

Hmm, dont think so, its the same keyboard, i switched from an PC with XP Professional to Win7 Professional and im using the same mouse, keyboard and headset.

Tried now PTT Teamspeak hotkey at "#" and ACRE PTT at "Capslock" (Standard), no transmit available. Damned, dont know, what i can now do ...

With XP all was fine ...

Well Win7 has UAC. Depending on your setup, run as Admin. Also under "Hotkeys" in TS, down on the lower right corner; set to "Direct Input".

For me to be successful with ACRE on my setup: Rt-clik on the game exe and run as Admin, same for TS, and also my "Setpoint" software for my mouse(I use my mouse for the Rad key).