Sign in to follow this  
noubernou

A.C.R.E - Advanced Combat Radio Environment - 1.4 Stable - Release Thread

Hi Terox,

I44 should run fine with betas above 100697, the only requirement is swapping CBA/CBA_OA/CBA_A2 for the new CBA_CO specially released to cover the newer betas.

If you experience issues, with 1.63 hopefully close by and the new CBA version available, it would probably be helpful if the issues could be reported so we can get them fixed asap :)

However if you prefer to run with an older beta, or no beta at all, that should be no problem either. ACRE/JayArma2Lib should be compatible with official ARMA 2 version 1.62 and newer (build 87640 and newer even).

Hi Sickboy, thanks for the reply.

The issue is with I44 mod incompatability with later beta versions than 100697 (According to the I44 devs)

And they recommend running with the older CBA;CBA_A2;CBA_OA setup until 1.63 is released which should solve their problems

(This is my understanding of what they stated and testing of the mod outside of their recommendations does indeed throw up some stability issues without further complications of ACRE)

I just wanted to make sure that running with their recommendations didnt effect the ability to run the latest Jayarma2lib and ACRE

Thanks for the quick reply

Edited by Terox

Is it possible to completely disable ACRE server-side on a mission-specific basis (say, via script command), so the players don't have to start the game with a different modset nor need to disable ACRE in their TS3 when playing missions that simply don't work well with ACRE? That way everyone are always on the same page, rather than needing to tell everyone to turn ACRE on/off and making sure they actually did it successfully.

The issue is with I44 mod incompatability with later beta versions than 100697 (According to the I44 devs)

There were only issues with the initial release of the beta patch, prior to CBA's update. Since that was released the only issue I'm aware of is that mines don't damage our tanks but otherwise you should be fine with the new beta+new cba. Hope that clears it up for you.

There were only issues with the initial release of the beta patch, prior to CBA's update. Since that was released the only issue I'm aware of is that mines don't damage our tanks but otherwise you should be fine with the new beta+new cba. Hope that clears it up for you.

Thanks PacUK

How do I check if someone's ArmA2 connected: No or ArmA2 connected: Yes?

I want to make a script that kicks someone from the acre channel if he is not connected

Edit: That's pretty much what I'm looking for

http://tracker.idi-systems.com/issues/286#change-1055

Posted by Heaney

Thanks in advance

Edited by Omer

Greetings,

i have a problem and a question if I may ask:

1. for a long time my community suffered from a problem: when you die you can't hear other dead players and everything works like you're still alive (you can hear people near your body and they can hear you), only now we started testing and I was looking at the code, but can't figure out where the problem can be.

Testing was using ACRE 1.4.10.500 with ACE 1.14.0.589 without any other addons and on 1.62 patch (no beta). I don't actually fully understand what should happen when you die, but after spectator is activated I check ACRE_IS_SPECTATOR which is false and ACRE_SPECTATORS_LIST is empty.

If I execute "[true] call acre_api_fnc_setSpectator;" manually for dead players, everything starts working like it should, you hear other dead people and can hear alive players if camera is near them.

Is this some kind of bug or am I missing something?

2. And the question arose when I started digging the code, I found "interactionMenu_deadMenu" which has some cool features and as far as I understood it should be working using standard key combination for self-interact when you're alive, but it doesn't work at all when you're dead. Is this feature finished and should be working?

Edited by MessiahUA

Since there is a plethora of spectator scripts out there we rely on either the mission maker or the spectator script maker to call those functions. So its not a bug, you just aren't calling it.

Any Ideas?

just put the acre radio rack box in your mission or one acre antenna.

then everybody must have the acre mod enabled. otherwise they kicked out...

just put the acre radio rack box in your mission or one acre antenna.

then everybody must have the acre mod enabled. otherwise they kicked out...

what? what is that? and does it kick players that are in lobby? I don't want them to hear players that are in game

Since there is a plethora of spectator scripts out there we rely on either the mission maker or the spectator script maker to call those functions. So its not a bug, you just aren't calling it.

This has been annoying me with the spectator script I use at the moment so now seems like a good time to ask. Do I just call that function when the players are killed (and I guess the same in reverse when they are revived)?

This has been annoying me with the spectator script I use at the moment so now seems like a good time to ask. Do I just call that function when the players are killed (and I guess the same in reverse when they are revived)?

Yes, that should do it.

what? what is that? and does it kick players that are in lobby? I don't want them to hear players that are in game

this is an idea (you ask for that)

i dont think that you rich the lobby without acre mod .......it kick you on join ...no lobby

what you want to do? ts3 kick , or game kick............

Acre isn't activated until you join the game, so if you join the TS room you'll hear everyone until you get into the game. An easy solution would be to password the TS room, and make the password appear when a player joins the game.

How do I check if someone's ArmA2 connected: No or ArmA2 connected: Yes?

Thats exactly what I'm looking for currently. I've seen a script some month ago on some server where your screen would fade to black for a second every couple of seconds, when TS&Arma2 were not connected. Does anybody know how to do that?

Hi! i have a server with only CBA and ACRE on but i get "Warning ACRE IS NOT CONNECTED TO TEAMSEPACK" but in many other servers the ACRE is connected but not here :(

Hi! i have a server with only CBA and ACRE on but i get "Warning ACRE IS NOT CONNECTED TO TEAMSEPACK" but in many other servers the ACRE is connected but not here :(

you run jarmalib on your server?

you run jarmalib on your server?

I have tried with both JayArmA2Lib enabled in the server and without and still get the same problem

I have tried with both JayArmA2Lib enabled in the server and without and still get the same problem

ACRE is not connected to teamspeack so i cant hear the guy im talking to in the direct chat either :/

latest versions of acre mods and ts?

edit: also if you run a local mp mission , what you get on ts3 arma connected , yes/no?

Edited by dragonsyr

latest versions of acre mods and ts?

edit: also if you run a local mp mission , what you get on ts3 arma connected , yes/no?

ACRE: V1.4.10.500

TS3: 3.0.9.2 29

I run TS3 and the server on same machine

in TS3 It says "ArmA2 Connected: No"

---------- Post added at 15:29 ---------- Previous post was at 15:22 ----------

Got it to work! what i did was to enable arma2oa in the firewall, lol. It was the firewall that blocked ACRE

Does anybody have any demo missions where they are calling ACRE functions? I'm still having sound quality issues with ACRE but want to build the fnc's into the mission anyway so once its resolved we can play.

Nouber...I'm still having what sounds like bandwidth issues with my sound quality...no packet loss on the tests, and its intermittent with random players...sometimes getting better or worse on respawn or by entering or leaving a vehicle.

But got a new problem now! When friends open the radio its spamm out error on ts3

27.02.2013 16:55:32 Windows Audio Session Debug Got 2 or more rendering spaces in same loop 441 882 441

---------- Post added at 18:55 ---------- Previous post was at 17:29 ----------

But got a new problem now! When friends open the radio its spamm out error on ts3

27.02.2013 16:55:32 Windows Audio Session Debug Got 2 or more rendering spaces in same loop 441 882 441

Both run the arma2 via the arma2beta run as administrator! and i get no error but he got that error above on teamspeack and the acre and teamspeack is fucked up when he use radio