Sign in to follow this  
noubernou

A.C.R.E - Advanced Combat Radio Environment - 1.4 Stable - Release Thread

Just to do a config file, do i need permission of ACRE and I44 ?? both? ... i just need the acre radio confg of the 119 to work with the i44 radio backpack.

Damm , i thought it would be easier.

My friend and I. Are having the strangest bug it is stupidly annoying. I am trying to get him into ACE/ACRE and this is killing it for him

We will be playing a mission hosted on my computer everything is working fine. We are communicating via our 343 etc and all of a sudden his mic will not work! He can hear me fine, but he can tramsit, speak in local etc.

All of his binds for both of his PTTs are cleared. His local chat button is CTRL - His ACRE button is CAPS LOCK.

If someone could please help us I would greatly appreciate it.

Ok thanks mate, first person to give me proper advice in 24 hours. I have no idea what the problem is; I've got JayLib too.

edit: tried Spirited Machine - used all the addons I regularly use in my mod-line and I get missing file after error after missing file. Most prominent of which is the "No entry ' bin\config.bin/Cfgsurfacecharacters.CRGrassWClutter'." error.

You have the steam version which doesn't play nice with external launchers.

What I do is this: install latest beta, copy the whole Arma2 folder content to another folder, use sixupdater on the new folder, set it to use the beta executable.

This way I have the usual steam setup to pay with my clan, and the sixupdater synced one to pay Unitedoperations.

Anyway my clan play with acre too,I just put all the mods in steam: right click arma2, properties, additional commands (or something like that).

It allows you to specify command line parameters.

I put my mood line there then start the game by right clicking in steam on arma2 and selecting lunch combined operations.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Edited by erupter

We tested the update and some people (like myself) still have the 5.1 sound issue. If someone is speaking behind me I won´t hear him. It seems like ACRE isn´t adressing the rear channel at all.

I´m ready to provide any information regarding my system configuration to help soting this out. Just tell me what you need.

In ts/options/payback you have mono to surround right?

I have an Asus d2x,5.1 headset and I heard perfectly well people marching behind me.

My friend and I. Are having the strangest bug it is stupidly annoying. I am trying to get him into ACE/ACRE and this is killing it for him

We will be playing a mission hosted on my computer everything is working fine. We are communicating via our 343 etc and all of a sudden his mic will not work! He can hear me fine, but he can tramsit, speak in local etc.

All of his binds for both of his PTTs are cleared. His local chat button is CTRL - His ACRE button is CAPS LOCK.

If someone could please help us I would greatly appreciate it.

Repeated fast press of control keys (ctrl, shift, alt) may trigger Windows accessibility features: filtering of those keys.

Previously I always used auto voice, but recently I started playing UO and they enforce ptt:I discovered that even if it seems cumbersome, using right mouse for ts ptt is perfectly fine.

Acre is still on caps lock.

Yo Nou, i was afk for a while and updated ACE and ACRE yesterday. Now, for the first time in ages i got a prob. I've read about it but i can't find the page again . My acre is broken and in TS-Textchat it spams that red error message, i think translated it's this ""action unavailable due to spam protection" , i can't switch channels anymore or talk normal unless i kill TS, cut out the plugin and restart TS. I've seen solution suggestions somewhere else for the ts server itself, is there nothing wrong on my end?? any help appreciated

Yo Nou, i was afk for a while and updated ACE and ACRE yesterday. Now, for the first time in ages i got a prob. I've read about it but i can't find the page again . My acre is broken and in TS-Textchat it spams that red error message, i think translated it's this ""action unavailable due to spam protection" , i can't switch channels anymore or talk normal unless i kill TS, cut out the plugin and restart TS. I've seen solution suggestions somewhere else for the ts server itself, is there nothing wrong on my end?? any help appreciated

In our team we had to edit the server's spam preferences to get rid of that.

Just to do a config file, do i need permission of ACRE and I44 ?? both? ... i just need the acre radio confg of the 119 to work with the i44 radio backpack.

Damm , i thought it would be easier.

This isn't because of the configs, its the models themselves. OA backpacks get attached to the back differently than weapons or any other objects. The actual models need to be rotated about 80 degrees because the model itself is centered; items on back, in game, do not sit centered. They sit at something like a 40 x 80 degree x-z tilt.

Ill try doing a model.

Now i understand a little bit more.

Thanks for your answer jaynus.

We had a strange bug yesterday. 6 players, one withuout ACRE. He joins in progress using AI slot. Suddenly one currently speaking player's voice gets positioned at the head of this no-ACRE player. So weird. Problem solved after no-ACRE player reconnected.

Repeated fast press of control keys (ctrl, shift, alt) may trigger Windows accessibility features: filtering of those keys.

Previously I always used auto voice, but recently I started playing UO and they enforce ptt:I discovered that even if it seems cumbersome, using right mouse for ts ptt is perfectly fine.

Acre is still on caps lock.

Alright, today he was booting up ARMA2/ACE and his entire teamspeak bugged out. As in he couldn't communicate via Microphone.

Thanks for your help by the way.

Hi

we are currently trying to get ACRE setup on our new dedicated server however we are having problems with the vehicle radios.

we are able to select the radio when in vehicle through alt-shift-q but we are then unable to use or bring the radio up on screen to change channels.. do you know what we could be doing wrong? or if we need to add anything into the mission folder?

all other radios appear to be working fine, it is just the vehicle (land and air) that we have issues with

Cheers

Smokey

Hi

we are currently trying to get ACRE setup on our new dedicated server however we are having problems with the vehicle radios.

we are able to select the radio when in vehicle through alt-shift-q but we are then unable to use or bring the radio up on screen to change channels.. do you know what we could be doing wrong? or if we need to add anything into the mission folder?

all other radios appear to be working fine, it is just the vehicle (land and air) that we have issues with

Cheers

Smokey

Once the radio gets used within a vehicle, it gets added to your radio list like any other radio. This isnt happening?

thanks for the reply, we managed to locate the problem. our server provider had advised that the most recent version of acre had been uploaded unfortunately this was not the case. after updating it everything works perfectly..

Cheers

Smokey

Is it possible to use ACRE on Take On helicopters? Anyone tried?

Totally ot: why would you do that?

Are there any real mp servers?

I'm playing single :p

I am not sure if TKoH introduced callExtension or not, but technically if it did Jlib should work with it, and if you run the latest patch you can run CBA and ACRE should work as long as SQF parity is there between TKoH and ArmA 1.62

Hey, I am having trouble with being injured while firing with ACE Weapon Resting. I think it has something to do with the player and weapon collision.

Edited by DeclaredEvol

Hello!

i´v donwloaded the ACRE mod from armaholics, and in that folder(Aram2) there is no dsound.dll. Were can i get that file?

Hello!

i´v donwloaded the ACRE mod from armaholics, and in that folder(Aram2) there is no dsound.dll. Were can i get that file?

It is not needed anymore. The new JayArmA2Lib uses the ArmA2 extension DLL interface.

This radio is a great thing on servers with alot of people. Any way of making it so it DOESNT require the beta?

This radio is a great thing on servers with alot of people. Any way of making it so it DOESNT require the beta?

You'd have to use the older JayArmA2Lib. Note, though, that a good amount of stability comes out of the latest beta's as well.