Sign in to follow this  
noubernou

A.C.R.E - Advanced Combat Radio Environment - 1.4 Stable - Release Thread

I've tried many times to set different power on different channels on 148 UHF (or VHF), and all times i can't set different power.

I'm sure that i can do it with 117F (not tried for 119).

Maybe i do something wrong?

this is what i do:

open radio

change power to 5000

change channel

try to change power but is already set to 5000

Are you hitting ENT after changing the power? And yes, power is specific to channel, but it won't "take" unless you hit enter.

---------- Post added at 17:12 ---------- Previous post was at 17:07 ----------

I'm having trouble finding how much additional power/range one gets when mounting the 148 in a vehicle. Is there a description somewhere? Thanks!
Sorry abut the self-quote, but I wanted to ensure that the question didn't get lost. When you mount the 148, to the best of my recollection, the max power remains at 5000, so is there any benefit regarding range for mounting?

mmm....no.

Because "CUR: 5000" appears on the screen.

I'll try, ty for the explanation

Edited by Crasso

Someone earlier posted about surround sound, with ACRE coming only out of the front centre speaker if someone's behind them; I could live with that. My problem is, I can't hear at ALL once they pass the threshhold of my front two side speakers.

Not a huge problem, because I use my headset a lot for clarity, but it hurts my ears after about an hour or three (Or six). I know TS support for surround sound is shoddy but, it's my only speaker system (The old one consisted of two speakers that looked and sounded like they'd been in constant use since '95 or something). Any tips to make it so I can hear people behind me, even if I'm only getting it 2.1 style or through the centre speaker, I'd appreciate. Figured, worth asking to see if anyone had ideas.

Umm Constant warning pipe closed error in my server.

I was just using acre in another server so why wouldn't it work in my own?

Setup the @ACRE folder in server.

How do I troubleshoot this?

Do I get six updater to use the hotfix version? how?

Edited by TSO

When you mount the 148, to the best of my recollection, the max power remains at 5000, so is there any benefit regarding range for mounting?
I guess no one has an answer for this :(

The creator is in holidays. Wait a moment :)

Hey there!

Really great mod :)

But I got a small/big problem.

I'm using ACRE with various mods and it was working fine before but now that I needed to Reinstall my Windows my "Radio Talk" button keeps "lagging" out.

Everytime I press the button the screen shows up but no Radio crack and no transmission. It only comes sometimes when I release it but even then only for a very short period of time(maybe 1 sec)

I allready tried everything. Rebinding the Talk key, reinstalling. nothing works :/

can someone help me?

Hey there!

Really great mod :)

But I got a small/big problem.

I'm using ACRE with various mods and it was working fine before but now that I needed to Reinstall my Windows my "Radio Talk" button keeps "lagging" out.

Everytime I press the button the screen shows up but no Radio crack and no transmission. It only comes sometimes when I release it but even then only for a very short period of time(maybe 1 sec)

I allready tried everything. Rebinding the Talk key, reinstalling. nothing works :/

can someone help me?

A friend of mine have same issue. Sometime radio stop to work but direct voice is ok; Any idea ?

This is usually an issue related to the use of voice activation in TS3, which is troublesome and prone to issues. If you are experiencing these issues try switching to a pure push to talk mode in TS3 (that includes disabling voice activation with PTT).

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?133891-A-C-R-E-Advanced-Combat-Radio-Environment-1-4-Stable-Release-Thread&p=2184655&viewfull=1#post2184655

Hello.

If the sqwak don't pop it's may be cause you're transmitting in Voice Activation. Change to PTT and do this test. If you talk in direct channel (Normal ptt key) and try to use radio at the same time the box will pop but no sqwak. I've done a little tuto video to fix the problem for you who use Voice Activation. So now even if you're talking with people arround you, you can push the radio Key and transmit without waiting your V.A to be off. Go to 1.30 to skip the instalation tuto.

http://www.google.fr/url?source=imglanding&ct=img&q=http://angrygamers.fr/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/brilliant.jpg&sa=X&ei=dtX2T6bUCsnBhAfPmsS4Cw&ved=0CAoQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNGIf6I0bD4ZB0CFh7YPH5KVbBc04A

Ok so now you can use Voice Activation with Acre without any problem to transmit. However if you Release the RADIO key while you're still talking you'll stay "stuck" on the "RADIO PTT" capture profile. So you have to repress the key while not talking to came back on the Voice Activation's one.

But if you do this all people on your frequency will hear a useless bip. Not cool at all. So it's better to make an other hotkey. For exemple on the same key you use to use the St_Acre_Volume. Just create a new hotkey with this option ; Activate capture profile "Defaut".

Also if you can't bind a new hotkey check this ;

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/37999001/Images/TS3%20Hotkey.png

And untick theses two box if you're a voice activation's user ;

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/37999001/Images/Setting%20MIC%20VA.png

Check this post. The solution is in it. If you need an english translation just ask. :)

Solution here as well at 1:00

jDb_VSyAr9Q?hd=1&t=1m

A friend of mine have same issue. Sometime radio stop to work but direct voice is ok; Any idea ?

Release the radio on the ground or in a case then pick it up again. Now it should work.

Edited by hon0
do not quote embedded videos!

Oh, and again, with my problem I worked it out after some fiddling - the new Mono to Surround makes ACRE work correctly on my system, I actually hear people behind me in the right places, which is more than I'd hoped for. Mono to centre makes all ACRE sound turn off, and the default setting doesn't allow rear sound from ACRE. (At least, that's for me.)

Figured to share that in case anybody had similar problems and it might help.

ACRE devs: What happens if say there is a persistent mission that assigns players weapons back to them when they rejoin and then they get a radio in there with the ID they used last game that conflicts with a radio ID somebody currently in the server has?

ACRE devs: What happens if say there is a persistent mission that assigns players weapons back to them when they rejoin and then they get a radio in there with the ID they used last game that conflicts with a radio ID somebody currently in the server has?

It should give them a new radio with a different ID, but we can not guarantee that the settings will be the same.

In the future we will be able to provide functionality for persistent games that allows better handling of assigning previously saved data.

All there needs to be is a acre_api_fnc_FindAndSetBaseRadioInArray and then there would be no issues.

All there needs to be is a acre_api_fnc_FindAndSetBaseRadioInArray and then there would be no issues.

Well its fine, you can set an existing radio ID technically to a new player, ACRE will just go "hey you didn't get this from the server" and get you a new ID, so there really isn't a big issue besides that you might lose your radio data, which is what the new system is going to handle a lot better.

Hi Devs.

A want to ask you if is there a way to "convert" a normal backpack of Ace, I44 or OA into an Acre Radio, like the 117/119 ?

I did it like the guys in UnitedOps with their IDF backpacks cfg ... in a config.cpp addon.

My exmpl.

class CfgPatches

{

class I44_RADIOS

{

units[] = { };

weapons[] = { RADIO_WEAPON_LIST_STR(I44_RADIOS_radio), RADIO_WEAPON_LIST_STR(I44_RADIOS_117) };

requiredVersion = 1.000000;

requiredAddons[] = {"CAData","ace_sys_ruck","acre_sys_prc119","CACharacters","CAWeapons","CASounds"};

};

};

class CfgAcreRadios

{

class ACRE_PRC119;

class ACRE_PRC117F;

class I44_RADIOS_radio : ACRE_PRC119 {

name = "AN/PRC-77";

deployedVehicleClass = "ACRE_ACE_COMPAT_DEPLOYED_RADIO";

};

class I44_RADIOS_117 : ACRE_PRC117F {

name = "AN/PRC-117F";

deployedVehicleClass = "ACRE_ACE_COMPAT_DEPLOYED_RADIO";

};

};

#include "\x\cba\addons\main\script_macros_common.hpp"

#include "\idi\clients\global\addons\main\script_radio_macro.hpp"

class CfgWeapons

{

class ACRE_PRC119;

class ACRE_PRC117F;

class I44_RADIOS_radio : ACRE_PRC119

{

scope = 2;

ACE_PackSize = 21810;

ACE_Size = 21811;

ACE_Weight = 3;

ACE_is_radio = 1;

displayName = "Radio SCR-300";

model = "i44_man_a_pir\backpacks\radio.p3d";

picture = "\I44_RADIOS\prc77_ca.paa";

descriptionShort = "Radio de corto alcance - WW2";

};

RADIO_ID_LIST(I44_RADIOS_radio)

class I44_RADIOS_117 : ACRE_PRC117F

{

scope = 2;

ACE_PackSize = 25810;

ACE_Size = 25811;

ACE_Weight = 5;

ACE_is_radio = 1;

displayName = "Radio SCR-600-L";

model = "i44_man_a_pir\backpacks\radio.p3d";

picture = "\I44_RADIOS\prc77_ca.paa";

descriptionShort = "Radio de largo alcance - WW2";

};

RADIO_ID_LIST(I44_RADIOS_117)

};

.. but in this case the backpacks appear in a wrong possition/direction on the back of the soldier.

What could be the problem? is there a simple solution?

Thanks for all.

Hey i seem to be still getting the pipeline error after the hotfix for 1.4.8

Any suggestions on the cause? And yes I am running arma and ts3 as admin including the arma beta file.

Hey guys, the mod's awesome and all but after re-installing it earlier I can't seem to get it to connect to ARMA 2. I'm running TS as admin etc etc, so should I downgrade TS version? I'm not very well versed in tech and such so I'd appreciate anybody providing any advice to me to act like I'm a toddler. Thanks.

I launch OA via steam shortcut, my modline is 'steam://rungameid/33930 -mod = @CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@ACE;@ACRE;@ACEX;@ACEX_RU;@ACEX_USNavy;@ACEX_SM;'. I've activated ACRE through expansions. Got a feeling it has something to do with the mod activation as it works fine when I launch the game through PlaywithSIX.

Edited by Count_Blackula

I don't see your @JayArma2Lib in your command line. Place it before @ACRE.

When I launch the game with that mod-line I've already enabled Jayarma2lib, ACRE and all of my other ACE associated adds-on via the expansion menu in-game; ACRE is the only one that doesn't seem to work though.

edit: Basically ACRE isn't appearing on the top right of the main-menu even though it's enabled in expansions. The other mods I've enabled do appear.

edit: Do I have to have place ACRE in a specific place in my command line perhaps?

Edited by Count_Blackula

Don't forget plugin in ts3 also launch game and ts in admin mode

@Count_Blackula Not all addons have an icon appear on the top right of the main menu, if it says it is enabled in expansions then it should be enabled