Sign in to follow this  
noubernou

A.C.R.E - Advanced Combat Radio Environment - 1.4 Stable - Release Thread

Perhaps if this persists, you could add ACRE api functions to mute the player's microphone and speakers by script?

This could be useful for certain situations.

---------- Post added at 17:41 ---------- Previous post was at 16:36 ----------

No matter what I do I simply cannot get the functions to change radio state to work.

[37.775, 5000] call acre_api_fnc_setCurrentRadioState;

Reports no errors in rpt, but does nothing.

Global functions like acre_api_fnc_setCurveModel and all the toggleAceFeatureCompat s work.

acre_api_fnc_setDefaultPowers sets the default that "NEW" will be, but not the options.

A lot of the API functions for manipulating radios do not work right. That is the reason that a huge chunk of ACRE is being rewritten.

No problem at all, I think a notification on the API/Functions page would be nice though.

Also just FYI, "Mono Sound Expansion" --> "Mono to Surround" fixed the 5.1 issue for a friend of mine who couldn't hear people directly behind him previously.

It was either that or something else in TS 3.0.8.1 that fixed it.

So you may want to recommend it.

Hey Nou,

since version 1.4.8 my TS3 64bit client is getting unresponsive quite often. Not sure if that is related to acre volume or the new ts3 features (like mono to surround). I have to force close ts3 with the task manager and can't see any rpt log entry.

Will try without st_acre_volume to check if that causes the constant hang ups of ts3 which is quite annoying as a TL.

Hey Nou,

since version 1.4.8 my TS3 64bit client is getting unresponsive quite often. Not sure if that is related to acre volume or the new ts3 features (like mono to surround). I have to force close ts3 with the task manager and can't see any rpt log entry.

Will try without st_acre_volume to check if that causes the constant hang ups of ts3 which is quite annoying as a TL.

I've actually noticed this with and with out ACRE running. The UI seems to freeze up. The odd thing is that TS is still running normally in the background as far as I can tell and I see no loose ACRE threads blocking execution when I spin up a debugger. It seems like a TS3 UI issue. Sadly key handlers seem to run in the UI thread so you get some bad results (like hot micing!).

Also just FYI, "Mono Sound Expansion" --> "Mono to Surround" fixed the 5.1 issue for a friend of mine who couldn't hear people directly behind him previously.

It was either that or something else in TS 3.0.8.1 that fixed it.

So you may want to recommend it.

I can second this. I was playing around with the surround settings and found that this let me hear people speaking behind me in the direct channel properly now.

Previously is either i get very quiet 5.1 surround sound or proper volume but only front channels, only for people speaking in direct, not using radio.

Is there any way to detect a crash?

The "closed pipe" error only shows after the person has restarted TS, and a loop of acre_sys_io_pipeHandle doesn't detect anything.

Hi guys! I'm trying to figure out how a retransmission point works. I'm able to create one but i don't know how i can "destroy" it and stop retransmitting.

Could anyone help me?

@Heaney: When TS3 crashed on me, I could still see the PTT notification for the radio, but do not hear the squawk.

Am unable to open TS3, only way is to use the task manager.

Alright guys, sorry I can't get around to all your questions and stuff right now, but I have to head off to Turkey for 2 weeks of fun! Keep this thread sane while I am gone. :p

I've been having this terrible problems for weeks now. When ever I try and use my radio, there is no self-squawk or anything. No one can hear me and my light in TS doesn't even light up. Yet, my normal ACRE works fine. I can hear other people's radios and even the directional sound works. If anyone knows the problem please help me!

The radio box does pop up when I'm using the radio. I just don't hear the self-squawk and no one can hear me. My push-to-talk key is alt. Could that be the problem? Also, I don't have half of those binds.

Huh, I didn't have it set to Direct Input. Testing to see if that's what the problem is. If it is, I'm going to feel incredibly stupid for the next few days.

Welp, something I've been dealing with for weeks is fixed with one change of a setting. Man, I feel dumb. I would KISS you if I had the chance.

Edited by killer199326

Firstly, thank you all for this mod, it is fantastic. I'm having trouble finding how much additional power/range one gets when mounting the 148 in a vehicle. Is there a description somewhere? Thanks!

Are you sure that you can mount the 148 in a vehicle?

I only knew that the 119 and the 117f are mounted on vehicle.

However you can change the power by opening the 148 (CTRL+SHIFT+X)

- press two times on "mode"

- use the arrow keys to set power

- press "ent" to save

The power is effective for all channels

Yes. the 111 mounts accept 158s and the 110 accept 152 (or vice versa) in Humvees.

I only knew that the 119 and the 117f are mounted on vehicle.

However you can change the power by opening the 148 (CTRL+SHIFT+X)

- press two times on "mode"

- use the arrow keys to set power

- press "ent" to save

The power is effective for all channels

are u sure the power is effective for all channels or just the currently selected one?

are u sure the power is effective for all channels or just the currently selected one?

I've tried many times to set different power on different channels on 148 UHF (or VHF), and all times i can't set different power.

I'm sure that i can do it with 117F (not tried for 119).

Maybe i do something wrong?

this is what i do:

open radio

change power to 5000

change channel

try to change power but is already set to 5000