Sign in to follow this  
noubernou

A.C.R.E - Advanced Combat Radio Environment - 1.4 Stable - Release Thread

I got TS version: 3.0.8 ACRE version 1.4.7 instaled by SIX updater 2.9.7... But if i want to run ACRE in plugins it write me this:Plugin failed to load:

Api version is not compatible. How i can fix it?

It's likely that you do not in fact have Teamspeak 3.0.8, but Teamspeak 3.0.8.1 instead.

If you have, grab TS 3.0.8 here: http://www.the-wrecking-crew.co.uk/page/installation (pre-requisites section at the start)

If you're 101% sure that you have 3.0.8, then run verify and repair mods on the ACRE mods from the mod tab in SIX Updater.

Please upgrade to 3.0.8 and follow the "Step 5: Configuring Teamspeak" part of this guide: http://www.the-wrecking-crew.co.uk/page/installation

After that, you will be able to assign hotkeys to keyboard and everything in ACRE will work perfectly.

Does the current ACRE version support 3.0.8? According to quite a few 15th MEU members (the unit I'm a part of), updating to 3.0.8 will cause incompatibility issues.

EDIT: Updated to TS 3.0.8. My problem still persists, even after deleting ACRE (including the plugin dll) and reinstalling it. Will try the 32-bit version of TS3.0.8 to see if that makes a difference.

EDIT 2: Tried the 32-bit version of both 3.0.7 and 3.0.8. Problem still persists. Besides waiting for the next ACRE release (any idea when that will be?), I'm out of ideas.

Edited by nomofica

Does the current ACRE version support 3.0.8?

Yes. It runs BETTER with Teamspeak 3.0.8 actually.

According to quite a few 15th MEU members (the unit I'm a part of), updating to 3.0.8 will cause incompatibility issues.

While 15thMEU are fun to play with, they are technologically inept. I would not be taking any advice about Arma 2, Teamspeak 3, ACE or ACRE from them.

I just played a 5 hour Operation where everyone had 3.0.8 and no-one had issues.

I also never have issues with it on my public server, nor has anyone else.

EDIT: Updated to TS 3.0.8. My problem still persists, even after deleting ACRE (including the plugin dll) and reinstalling it. Will try the 32-bit version of TS3.0.8 to see if that makes a difference.

EDIT 2: Tried the 32-bit version of both 3.0.7 and 3.0.8. Problem still persists. Besides waiting for the next ACRE release (any idea when that will be?), I'm out of ideas.

I did NOT say that updating to 3.0.8 would fix your issue!

I said to follow the instructions in Step 5 of this guide: http://www.the-wrecking-crew.co.uk/page/installation

Specifically, the last image of Step 5. But the rest you should follow too so you don't have other issues too.

If you do that, all your problems will be solved. Please read what I actually said next time.

EDIT: Originally had posted reply where I thought it was the other poster. Fixed now.

Edited by Heaney

Yes, I know you said follow Step 5. Which I did. And it did not work. I can now set up hotkeys, but they still do not work. IE: I can set up a PTT hotkey, but it doesn't do anything.

Use the last image.

If you set it to direct input, it will work.

Unless you're doing something horribly wrong.

Would it be possible to implement not ju8st the "transmitting" box in the lower corner, also a "recieving" box?

It is sometimes hard do differ what voice comes from which radio....

Use spatialisation.

Edited by Heaney

You can have different radios go to different ears.

By default it's both ears.

You use Ctrl-Shift-<Arrow> replacing <Arrow> with either the left arrow on your keyboard, the right arrow, or the up arrow for both ears.

You'll get a notification on screen, and then the selected radio from now on will come through your selected ear.

This way you can have command on your right ear and squad radio on your left, or whatever.

ACRE 1.4.8 Released!

New update guys! Support for TS 3.0.8.1 is now included, and I have possibly alleviated some of the issues with sticky direct speaking in high player counts while increasing stability and reliability of radio messages. Hopefully this should be a good increase in performance!

Link is, as always, on the front page! :)

Congrats on a new release!

Up on the SIX Updater network.

Does

Mono sounds can now also be sent to just left and right (stereo) speakers.

This is now the default setting. Select "Mono to surround" in playback

options to get the old behaviour.

Mean anything for ACRE?

What's the best "Mono Sound Expansion" option (In "Playback" options) for:

> Stereo Headsets

> 5.1/7.1 Headsets

?

---------- Post added at 16:15 ---------- Previous post was at 15:29 ----------

Additionally, do you recommend a specific "Playback mode" for different sound systems, or would Automatic be the best?

Thanks in advance for answers

I have not tested the new Mono Sound Expansion, but reasoning from what I gather on the TS forums is that if its disabled it will act like it has before (as in no difference).

I recommend using Windows Audio Session for playback mode. We have had difficulties with Direct Sound and some headsets.

Hi,

I installed the latest version of ACRE and when I run it in TeamSpeak the talk button does not work.

There is a solution to the problem?

Edit:

I found how to fix it.

Thanks anyway.

Edited by OmerMel

Nou, thank you so much for keeping this up to date. I have no idea where jaynus is and if he is doing fine, which I hope, but thank fuck you are keeping this on the road...

My group has updated their own acre and we have 1.48 on the server, but getting 'ACRE server version and client version do not match'. I know when this happens to me, the screen eventually fades, the warning message comes up in the middle of the screen and then everything goes back to normal. This repeats itself in an annoying cycle.

Any ideas?

Edited by Mustangdelta

Clearly you do not actually have the server updated.

Try completely deleting @ACRE folder on the server, and then re-uploading it.

OFrP have a radio operator with a radio backpack and module, how can i make it compatible ACRE?

you can't until they add the custom radio for the moment i think you can't

Hi ACRE team, I just wondered is it at all possible to 'increase' the volume of a player from the TeamSpeak3 settings value?

What I mean is, while I'm in combat and bullets flying all over, when I want to talk(yell) to someone beside me in those kind of conditions, I want my voice volume raised above more than it's normal value. if you know what i mean...

Would this be possible to implement technical wise?

Is there any explanation for what exactly the ACRE spectator functions do?

When someone is in spectator mode, what happens?