Sign in to follow this  
noubernou

A.C.R.E - Advanced Combat Radio Environment - 1.4 Stable - Release Thread

I am going to need to significantly test this TS release. The changelog does not look promising. I do not trust anything they do with their sound engine.

I know for sure 1 of them are, the other does not he's currently using speakers in his computer cause his headset broke. Are 7.1 headsets causing problems with it?

Edit - I should add that my second friend who has his volume lowered after respawning is random, some play sessions it's fine, others not.

It may not be related but make sure their teamspeak isnt set up to play mono sounds over the center speaker, it's an option in TS3 output settings and it does the exact same thing for me if I turn it on

I did a search and checked the wiki page (its blank) Are there any tutorials on how to install and get it working on a dedicated server?

yeah just put @acre and the userconfig that's all ;)

yeah just put @acre and the userconfig that's all ;)

When you say just add it, how?

Don't you need a new command line to enable the sever to play news maps with Acre? I though it went in the command line promt not the userconfig.. can you write out the full script?

Thanks.

its not a script, just make sure that you have a userconfig folder in your a2oa install dir with the same stuff you have on your client. Then make sure you have @acre in your a2oa install folder too and make sure that your shortcut or bat file to launch the server includes @acre in the -mod= argument.

In root on server i have these folders :

@lingor

@Pathnera

Addons

Besetup

common

Directx

Dll

Dta

Expansion

Keys

Mission

MPMissions

So I just create a new folder called 'userconfig' and drop ALL my mods in there? no need to change any scripts or command lines?

its not a script, just make sure that you have a userconfig folder in your a2oa install dir with the same stuff you have on your client. Then make sure you have @acre in your a2oa install folder too and make sure that your shortcut or bat file to launch the server includes @acre in the -mod= argument.

So @JayArma2lib_new is not required on a dedicated?

Correct. The only thing that needs to be loaded is CBA and ACRE.

Is it better to put feature requests here or on the tracker? Which would be likely to get a response (even a "no"), if either?

For the Record:

Don't Update your Teamspeak to 3.0.8.1!

The API has changed, which means ACRE won't work, till the ACRE Team realeasd an update.

So, be patient and wait for it.

Cheers, B1n4ry

worst thing about this is, you can't connect with 3.0.7 to updated servers.

Why not use 3.0.8?

I do and it works flawlessly for me.

However, I don't really know what you're talking about.

Teamspeak client/server versions are completely intercompatible as long as it's Teamspeak 3, and the latest TS3 server version is 3.0.6.1 anyways so that's impossible.

Maybe the server you're trying is down?

Edited by Heaney

Are they using surround sound headphones?
I know for sure 1 of them are, the other does not he's currently using speakers in his computer cause his headset broke. Are 7.1 headsets causing problems with it?

Edit - I should add that my second friend who has his volume lowered after respawning is random, some play sessions it's fine, others not.

No offense but you didn't quite answer my question and I'm still awaiting a response. Do 7.1 headsets have troubles with Acre? and do you know what may be causing the problem where Acre kinda messes up when someone re spawns? Any possible solutions?

Yes, there is an issue with surround sound headphones. There is nothing I can do to fix it, it is a bug inside the teamspeak sound engine. Bad things happen when you mute or unmute people using surround sound.

There are some hacky solutions to getting it to work better, search the thread, but my solution is to use stereo.

Have you contacted the Teamspeak 3 peoples about these issues?

If so, maybe you could link your ticket/petition so we could upvote it?

If not, why not make one?

There are a number of threads on their support/bug forums about issues with surround sound headphones... Little has been done to move towards a fix. The Logitech series of headphones are especially bad.

Hi NouberNou, i download ACRE 1.4.7 and there was no dsound.dll in archive? can you upload it?

Hi NouberNou, i download ACRE 1.4.7 and there was no dsound.dll in archive? can you upload it?

dsound.dll is no longer used.

Simply install JayArma2Lib (JayArma2Lib_new on SIX Updater) and ACRE and it'll work.

I recommend you use SIX Updater though.

Hey guys, awesome mod (y) just wondering if you have any plans to update the plugin TS3 API version to 18 anytime soon?

Cheers,

Ashton

I need some help, guys. I'm using TS3.0.7 and the latest version of ACRE v1.4.7 r39 (64-bit). When the ACRE plugin is initialized in TS3, I cannot use any hotkeys nor set a new hotkey to anything. No keyboard key is recognized when in the hotkey setup (the grey box). After turning off ACRE (and restarting TS3), my hotkeys working fine and I can configure new hotkeys. This only started happening after getting my G19 keyboard yesterday. Is this a common issue? Anyone know of a solution? Thanks.

HI there

i have a Problem with the Direct sound in ACRE and my 5.1 System

i can her Peoples in my Rear only very very soft.

And if there more than 2 Meters away in my Rear i can´t hear them anymore.

The Rest of acre and the 5.1 system works perfect ony the Direct sound in the Rear i can´t hear

Please Help me.

P.S. Sorry for my Poor English.

Same here. When I play Arma with ACRE I must Turn it to 2.1... Don't know why or didn't found a solution yet.

Edit : This is a REAL 5.1. Not a fake USB emulated one.

Teamspeak has many issues with 5.1/7.1. It handles it very poorly. There is nothing ACRE can do about it in regards to TS3. We get a channel count and audio data to manipulate. When it leaves our hands its up to TS3 to handle it properly, which it doesn't.

I need some help, guys. I'm using TS3.0.7 and the latest version of ACRE v1.4.7 r39 (64-bit). When the ACRE plugin is initialized in TS3, I cannot use any hotkeys nor set a new hotkey to anything. No keyboard key is recognized when in the hotkey setup (the grey box). After turning off ACRE (and restarting TS3), my hotkeys working fine and I can configure new hotkeys. This only started happening after getting my G19 keyboard yesterday. Is this a common issue? Anyone know of a solution? Thanks.

Please upgrade to 3.0.8 and follow the "Step 5: Configuring Teamspeak" part of this guide: http://www.the-wrecking-crew.co.uk/page/installation

After that, you will be able to assign hotkeys to keyboard and everything in ACRE will work perfectly.