Sign in to follow this  
noubernou

A.C.R.E - Advanced Combat Radio Environment - 1.4 Stable - Release Thread

Any feedback avalible for use actual ACRE with new TS³ version 1.07? Did all works fine?

actual acre doesn't work with 3.0.7 we need to wait an update

TS 3.0.7 Update!

Hey guys, updated for TS 3.0.7, check the first post. :) No version change, just updated API number for new TS.

Hey Dear Developers,

Since 3.0.7 i got a problem with ACRE where it connects and everything, but all that happens is that i see the people's mouth moving, but i hear nothing as they are muted.

the volume is not on 0 btw.

your help is appreciated, i hope we'll fix this annoying son of a glitch

Are you using any sort of surround sound device, like surround sound headphones?

Hey Dear Developers,

Since 3.0.7 i got a problem with ACRE where it connects and everything, but all that happens is that i see the people's mouth moving, but i hear nothing as they are muted.

the volume is not on 0 btw.

your help is appreciated, i hope we'll fix this annoying son of a glitch

Same problem also, and I do have a Surround Sound headset, but others I play with are having the same problem. I can hear the beep from the radio's but cannot hear them. :confused:

I got it working before that update for a long time, i'm using G35 7.1 Headphones, i keep hearing about others having the same issue

Sounds like more issues with surround sound in TS... good times. :( I really have no advice other than I am sorry that it doesn't work, but the fixes are out of my hands and that the only thing I can suggest is you switch to stereo sound. :(

Hi,

I'm having a weir problem? 3D voice positioning works fine. I can hear my mate and they hear me where I'm located. But the radio don't work . I can hear ppl using the radio , but when I press the caps lock key I don't hear the "sqwak" sounds and they don't hear me ( yet I have the "Transmitting" icon in the corner on my screen.

Also another unrelated problem : One of my mate really can't hear us when we speak in it's rear sector. If we are roughly in front of him he hears fine, but he says that when we are behind him our voices are either very faint, or not present at all.

Any Ideas ?

yeah is headset can be set as a 7.1 or 5.1 and it's maybe not compatible. And for the second problem have you set a shortcut with a macro or something like that ?

well its really wierd as i had it perfectly working with 3.0.6 and earlier versions for a long time now.

well its really wierd as i had it perfectly working with 3.0.6 and earlier versions for a long time now.
Tried switching TS back to 3.0.6?

Hi,

I'm having a weir problem? 3D voice positioning works fine. I can hear my mate and they hear me where I'm located. But the radio don't work . I can hear ppl using the radio , but when I press the caps lock key I don't hear the "sqwak" sounds and they don't hear me ( yet I have the "Transmitting" icon in the corner on my screen.

Are you using voice activation or push to talk with voice activation detection enabled? If so, please change those. Voice activation in TS is very flaky and the API for it is not that great.

---------- Post added at 08:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:05 AM ----------

Yes, when rolled back it still didnt work.

TS probably reset/changed a setting in 3.0.7 that exists in 3.0.6 and you now have to reset that setting, even for 3.0.6 again.

Nothing changed in the DLL besides 1 new debug output line and changing the API numbers for the plugin, the rest of the code is identical to the version for 3.0.6 (hence the lack of a ACRE version update).

so nou that's better if you use PTT than voice activation ?

Yes, it is more reliable. TS throws multiple start speaking events in a row with voice activation, causing some issues.

Are you using voice activation or push to talk with voice activation detection enabled? If so, please change those. Voice activation in TS is very flaky and the API for it is not that great.

---------- Post added at 08:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:05 AM ----------

TS probably reset/changed a setting in 3.0.7 that exists in 3.0.6 and you now have to reset that setting, even for 3.0.6 again.

Nothing changed in the DLL besides 1 new debug output line and changing the API numbers for the plugin, the rest of the code is identical to the version for 3.0.6 (hence the lack of a ACRE version update).

Do you have any clue what setting it might be? because i got no clue.

Tested It on a normal non-surround headset and it works fine in-game, but as soon as I use my G35 surround sound headset no joy, also it really sucks as my headset does not have a stereo option. So I'm guessing its a Teamspeak thing.. which really sucks. :mad:

Is there a forum or a place to vote on the surround sound issue for Teamspeak?

tonight at game time i'll try to play around with the G35 Surround / Stereo Options, it might work as in other games i often had no sound, and when i switched Stereo and back to surround it worked.

---------- Post added at 22:22 ---------- Previous post was at 20:36 ----------

Alright Fellas here's my Result report :

Go in game with Stereo mode on (Using G35) and ACRE WILL WORK.

During the game, You can switch back to Surround and ACRE will still work.

only issue currently is i can barely here 5 meters away.

---------- Post added at 00:05 ---------- Previous post was at 22:22 ----------

An extra note, even with that hotfix - after Dying once you gotta get out of the game and do it all over again, switching to stereo / surround again wont do the job.