Sign in to follow this  
noubernou

A.C.R.E - Advanced Combat Radio Environment - 1.4 Stable - Release Thread

So after some testing im here to report back.

We've done the following steps:

- TS3 > administrator mode

- Arma2 > administrator mode

- Arma2 OA> administrator mode

Result: Gives no errors on the pipes but still gives a warning about ACRE is not connected to teamspeak on the right top.

Second test with UAC fully disabled gives the same error.

I have no clue at the moment :rolleyes:

I have latest TS3 and ACRE 1.4.7

I get 7.1 surround sound in ARMA2 while at the same time....ACRE only comes out of front three speakers (no surround sound for direct proximity chat). So if someone is talking behind me, its comes out of front center speaker. If at the same time, a helo flew over me the rear speakers would depict the helo flying past and behind me...with no change to the direct chat - still center for channel for person talking.

If I turn off ARMA and go back to desktop, but remain in TS3, and am connected to the same server channel, I can hear chat from people on various speakers even behind me etc. Seems like something breaks once ARMA runs.

Teamspeak has very shoddy surround sound support. Use at your own risk essentially.

For the people complaining about ACRE not being able to connect at all (it never says you're connected in ACRE or in Arma2) then there is a good chance that your security settings are messed up. Been dealing with a guy for a few hours this afternoon and with some extended debugging information in both ACRE and JayArma2Lib we determined that his SID is invalid for his account. He tried creating a new account as well. The only solutions I have found so far are a fresh install of Windows.

For the people complaining about ACRE not being able to connect at all (it never says you're connected in ACRE or in Arma2) then there is a good chance that your security settings are messed up. Been dealing with a guy for a few hours this afternoon and with some extended debugging information in both ACRE and JayArma2Lib we determined that his SID is invalid for his account. He tried creating a new account as well. The only solutions I have found so far are a fresh install of Windows.

I think that you've hit the nail on the head. ACRE displays warning messages in TS3 and OA when it cannot connect. But it does not display any messages when it does connect. So users are left wondering if it is working, or not. Is this something that could be introduced in a new version? A sort of debug console?

As for "security settings"? Could you elaborate? Are you talking about firewall? Antivirus? Router?

I'm eager for details because reinstalling Windows because a mod doesn't works seems a little extreme..

Sounds like it could be a group policy issue. Like some rights removed from the Administrator group etc.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc960657.aspx Security Settings; Account and Local Policies.

Could try reset the security settings, and perhaps also the group policy settings as well; http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/214461-local-group-policy-reset-default.html

Other than that, I think security sandboxes and other AV features are the root of many evil too, but im sure you already checked that.

Hi , we've used ACRE with my team , and it worked fairly well after some fiddling with Ts3 settings. The 3D direct coms works perfectly but we have had some problems with the radios, while it seems they work OK most of the time , it happens that someone can't be heard over the radio by some players , but after a a few try it always worked again. Any idea what can cause that ? could it be that we weren't on a dedicated server, but on a client hosted server be the cause ?

This situation seems to occur in situations where there is packet loss on Teamspeak and the correct start speaking events are not received by people. This same situation also seems to result in the "sticky" direct speaking.

Could you clarify what is needed to use ACRE with ArmaII (free)? I think CBA and CBA_A2, I'm not sure about Jayarma2lib (first post suggests this is only needed in conjunction with A2 Beta) or if I need dsound.dll (and if so where to get that from).

Yo, sorry if it's been answered but;

I've been having problems with ACRE since I first tried to use it. Eventually, making use of SixUpdater, it seemed to run/load fine. However, when both in TS and ARMA (In ACE&ACRE servers) I get an error, every time, reading the following:

"ACRE HAS EXPERIENCED A PIPE ERROR (MOST LIKELY A TIMEOUT) AND THE PIPE IS NOW CLOSED."

I've been searching online for the problem, had a few people from clans that make extensive use of ACRE take a look, and it all seems to be installed correctly and no one has encountered this error in a persistent state such as this.

Any ideas would be helpful!

And yes, it's all set up right otherwise as far as I can tell. It knows when I'm not running/connected in TS3 with the expected "NOT CONNECTED" message, the error is only when connected to both, no matter what order I load TS and ARMA in.

Well i can also say, i after installing win7 i turned off uac immediately, cause it's very annoying, and i'm not right clicking on ts or a2 shortcut "run as admin", i went to properties on ts shortcut, compatibility tab, then down at access level i checked "always run as admin", same for OA exe. But i assume you did the same

I also assume UAC causes probs, cause i never had these probs, other ppl had, when they had UAC enabled. I know that some ppl want it, cause it's too "risky" without it, i personally really don't care :)

I also assume UAC causes probs, cause i never had these probs, other ppl had, when they had UAC enabled. I know that some ppl want it, cause it's too "risky" without it, i personally really don't care :)

Ye but even with UAC turned off probs are still there.. So after all there is still no solution :p

there's always a solution :) as said before, i can only offer my help, pm and we'll look into it

Ok guys, me and a friend tried some solutions and finally we have fixed it ;)

At the start we had the pipeline -13 error code. We fixed that by setting UAC off OR run arma/TS in admin mode.

After that teamspeak was not connecting to Arma... We were clueless. But it turned out my friend used some other profile than he filled in the ACE USERCONFIG at the #define ACE_IDENTITY line. So he switched back to his old profile and now its all working...

I have no idea if it was because of the name he filled in #define ACE_IDENTITY but atleast its working now :P

Anyone know anything about how to use the 3D Sound configuration on TS3 (when you right click on a server you are connected to in TS3)? I can hear people talking all around me in various speakers to the rear and or side or front depending on where they are (as it should be) but once I connect to ARMA and ACRE, I only hear them in the FRight, FLeft, and Center speakers. If they are directly behind me ingame, their voice comes out of the front center speaker. If I shut down ARMA while they are talking, their voice comes out of the rear speaker.

Hi. I keep getting a problem with JayArma2Lib. Whenever I go into a game, this is in the top right corner: "ACRE: JayArma2lib not installed! Check JayArma2lib installation!". I manually installed ACRE and have both @ACRE and @JayArma2Lib in my OA directory. I have retail Arma 2: Combined Ops.

Please make sure you are running the latest beta of Arma 2 from http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php or from SIX Updater. You probably installed the latest version of JayArma2Lib which require the latest A2 betas to connect properly. :) If you wish to continue to use the old version of JayArma2Lib with 1.60 stable please see the JayArma2Lib thread or its project page on dev-heaven to download it.

For those of you who are getting pipe errors or failures to connect please, 1) make sure you are running both A2 and TS3 as administrator, 2) failing that, please look back a page or two for the post by sickboy about how to reset your windows profiles security attributes/settings. Corrupted Windows user accounts can cause issues. If this fixes it, I advise also running a virus scanner/rootkit scanner as often these become corrupted when your computer becomes compromised!

It was me being daft - Simply had to do the run as administrator suggestion for my problem.

Works flawlessly now aside from the odd jitter of not wanting to actually work despite saying connected etc., but, a restart of everything usually fixes it. And it's epic when playing with full armour, air, etc. players using ACRE as support, I must say.

There is a new Teamspeak 3 update today. V3.0.7

and I think the current version of ACRE does not work with the new version.

Edited by ryan80

that's right the teamspeak 3.0.7 don't work with acre if i'm right when you see in the changelog that line : Plugin API changed to "XX", the plugin don't work until they update the acre

Could you clarify what is needed to use ACRE with ArmaII (free)? I think CBA and CBA_A2, I'm not sure about Jayarma2lib (first post suggests this is only needed in conjunction with A2 Beta) or if I need dsound.dll (and if so where to get that from).

Ah, I see ArmaII (free) doesn't support mods, so it's not possible to use ACRE with it.