Sign in to follow this  
noubernou

A.C.R.E - Advanced Combat Radio Environment - 1.4 Stable - Release Thread

A quick question here guys. I'm doing an I44 mission and I want to remove all the radios from all the units on the map.

I've tried using the following scripts in various places (inits etc) and I'm only getting inconsitent joy.

this removeweapon "ACRE_PRC343";

I've also tried the following to cycle through the radios they may be carrying and getting rid of those too.

_ret = [] call acre_api_fnc_getCurrentRadioList;

{

player removeweapon _x;

} foreach _ret;

What am i doing wrong?

are you using the arma2 oa beta patch or not? beta patch don't require dsound.dll, vice versa. also, 'newest version' is not exactly a version, as it doesn't help anyone troubleshoot. a specific version number like 1.60 would be more helpful. hope it helps.

I think he didn't use any beta patch. ACRE version is 1.4.7. and JayArmA2Lib version is 1.4.38

May be dsound.dll has the problem. IF he deleted it, he can play but can't use ACRE.

Tried beta patch with no dsound.dll, still he can't. Reinstall it 3,4 times, it didn't improve.

Any ideas:confused:

Did you guys actually run the game with the beta patch enabled? Just installing the beta is insufficient.

A quick question here guys. I'm doing an I44 mission and I want to remove all the radios from all the units on the map.

I've tried using the following scripts in various places (inits etc) and I'm only getting inconsitent joy.

this removeweapon "ACRE_PRC343";

I've also tried the following to cycle through the radios they may be carrying and getting rid of those too.

_ret = [] call acre_api_fnc_getCurrentRadioList;

{

player removeweapon _x;

} foreach _ret;

What am i doing wrong?

Try removing ItemRadio, as that is a proxy to the 343 (its the default radio item in A2 with out ACRE).

Thats a short report about version 1.4.7:

Some players tell me that the direct speaking sound and the radio sounds are very quiet. Yesterday i played first time with newest version and noticed by myself the realy quiet sounds. I ask the other players around me and everybody confirmed this.

Before 1.4.7 everything has the right volume. I tested a little bit around with different volume options but nothing helps satisfactory. Im turn around inGame and noticed that the volume increase if i did look into other direction as the soundsource. (180 degrees) Before (v1.4.4) that was the highest volume if the source are in front of me.

Otherwise i cant recognize other problems. It works fine and with a high level of stability! :-)

regards

That is odd, what version were you using previously? 1.4.4 through 1.4.7 has had almost no changes to the plugin code which is where most volume calculations are handled.

If you are using surround sound headphones then please try it in stereo mode as TS has very unreliable surround sound playback. :(

Ok, i will try it with stereo sound. But it's not a real solution cause it breaks not only the game sound... i cant hear the game and acre in surround sound is more bad as hear it to quit. ;-)

And yes, previous version was 1.4.4. Problem is all was fine before and i am not the only one who noticed the different.

regards

OK now I really don't get it. I installed the previous version of ACRE (v1.4.4?) and couldn't get it to work.

So I deleted it and downloaded it from Six Updater; it worked.

Happy but frustrated I deleted the Six Updater version and installed it again manually; it worked!

Happy but bemused I was about to test it in MP when v1.4.7 was announced.

So I updated to v1.4.7 and it worked fine.

I was very happy so I called my mate, he downloaded it and ran it.

But it didn't work! Instead he was faced with the same error as me; TS3 could not connect to Arma2.

In TS3's GUI it displays "ArmA2 Connected: No" and once OA loads a mission displays "Warning: ACRE is not connected to Teamspeak".

I don't suffer this problem.

So to be sure, I zipped my @ACRE and @JayArma2Lib and sent them to him.

He extracted them and ran OA.

TS3 still displayed "ArmA2 Connected: No" and OA still displays "Warning: ACRE is not connected to Teamspeak".

Do you I really don't understand...

Any ideas?

-Psycho-;2166292']ACRE TS³-plugin didn't activate and/or installed?!

I don't know about activate but it was certainly installed in the right directory

Important is, that he runs TS3 and the Game (or Launcher) as Admin.

B1n4ry: thanks but we already checked that last night.

To be honest, I'm amazed it's so difficult to setup.

It's not like we're n00bs either (I've been playing online for 15 years and work in IT, he has an even "geekier" profile).

But after seeing the video and reading the testimonials, I'm determined to get this to work!

So I'm open to any suggestions.

Is there a log that we can check?

B1n4ry: thanks but we already checked that last night.

To be honest, I'm amazed it's so difficult to setup.

It's not like we're n00bs either (I've been playing online for 15 years and work in IT, he has an even "geekier" profile).

But after seeing the video and reading the testimonials, I'm determined to get this to work!

So I'm open to any suggestions.

Is there a log that we can check?

in teamspeak, go to settings->plugins, make sure ACRE plugin on left side is there and CHECKED. run both ts3, game as admin.

make to to run mods @CBA, @CBA_OA, @CBA_A2, @ACRE and @jayarma2lib, some ppl forget the jayarma2lib.

if you can'T get it working, write pm , i give you ts info and we look into it with teamviewer..did that pretty often..

if you can'T get it working, write pm , i give you ts info and we look into it with teamviewer..did that pretty often..
Please do share what you've found to be the problem then, perhaps good someone FAQ's that some time :)

sick, i don't know their prob, i can only say due to experience, i solved a lot of problems regarding acre :9 , that's why i offered this thingy..

sick, i don't know their prob, i can only say due to experience, i solved a lot of problems regarding acre :9 , that's why i offered this thingy..

Obviously you cannot know their prob until the described help session has taken place, understandbly you cannot work magic :P

I was asking WHEN you do know, please do share, thanks :)

Hi, I keep getting an error whenever I go into the gear menu: Picture \idi\Clients\acre\addons\sys_mc220r\data\343_icon.paa not found. The gear menu then lags so much that I can't do much but press escape and play without the gear menu. I'm running ace and acre with sixupdater, I've tried copying over with the download from Armaholic but it didn't work. It's sort of unplayable for me at the moment. I read through the forums and googled this but only found one post stating something similar but it was of no help. Thanks.

Hey guys,

Me and some friends recently start using this awesome modification together with all the other ACE mods.

Now, one of my friends is having some probs with his ACRE installation.. Its working on every squad members computer except his one.

JayArma2 gives the following error: "PIPE ERROR: -23" continuous. Also the teamspeak addon says its not connected to Arma 2 while he is in the server.

His shortcut is like this:

"D:\Arma 2 OA\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" "-beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion" "-mod=D:\Arma 2;Expansion;ca;@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_USNavy;@ACEX_RU;@ACEX_SM;@JayArmA2Lib;@ACRE" -nosplash -noworld

ACRE: 1.4.7

Jay2armalib: 1.4.0

TS: 3.0.6

Arma : latest beta (616)

I've tried to goolge and search forums but could not find any solution. I'm hoping you guys have some experience with this one.

Thanks,

m0nk

Edited by m0nkm0nk

Could someone (probably an ACRE Dev) elaborate on the following messages I've found in a recent server RPT file

SERVER TRIED TO GIVE S34 ID: ACRE_PRC152_ID_3 EXISTING ALREADY FOR S6

SERVER TRIED TO GIVE S34 ID: ACRE_PRC343_ID_6 EXISTING ALREADY FOR S10

SERVER TRIED TO GIVE S34 ID: ACRE_PRC343_ID_19 EXISTING ALREADY FOR S41

SERVER TRIED TO GIVE S59 ID: ACRE_PRC152_ID_18 EXISTING ALREADY FOR S61

SERVER TRIED TO GIVE S59 ID: ACRE_PRC152_ID_24 EXISTING ALREADY FOR S76

SERVER TRIED TO GIVE S59 ID: ACRE_PRC343_ID_20 EXISTING ALREADY FOR S14

SERVER TRIED TO GIVE S59 ID: ACRE_PRC343_ID_37 EXISTING ALREADY FOR S78

SERVER TRIED TO GIVE S59 ID: ACRE_PRC343_ID_42 EXISTING ALREADY FOR S9

SERVER TRIED TO GIVE S74 ID: ACRE_PRC152_ID_21 EXISTING ALREADY FOR S77

SERVER TRIED TO GIVE S78 ID: ACRE_PRC343_ID_6 EXISTING ALREADY FOR S21

This is running with ACRE v1.3.16

Hey guys,

Me and some friends recently start using this awesome modification together with all the other ACE mods.

Now, one of my friends is having some probs with his ACRE installation.. Its working on every squad members computer except his one.

JayArma2 gives the following error: "PIPE ERROR: -23" continuous. Also the teamspeak addon says its not connected to Arma 2 while he is in the server.

I've tried to goolge and search forums but could not find any solution. I'm hoping you guys have some experience with this one.

Thanks,

m0nk

Make sure he is running in admin mode for A2 and TS3. For some reason Windows UAC likes to not allow pipes to be established or it likes to disconnect them after some time. I am really not sure why this is...

Could someone (probably an ACRE Dev) elaborate on the following messages I've found in a recent server RPT file

SERVER TRIED TO GIVE S34 ID: ACRE_PRC152_ID_3 EXISTING ALREADY FOR S6

SERVER TRIED TO GIVE S34 ID: ACRE_PRC343_ID_6 EXISTING ALREADY FOR S10

SERVER TRIED TO GIVE S34 ID: ACRE_PRC343_ID_19 EXISTING ALREADY FOR S41

SERVER TRIED TO GIVE S59 ID: ACRE_PRC152_ID_18 EXISTING ALREADY FOR S61

SERVER TRIED TO GIVE S59 ID: ACRE_PRC152_ID_24 EXISTING ALREADY FOR S76

SERVER TRIED TO GIVE S59 ID: ACRE_PRC343_ID_20 EXISTING ALREADY FOR S14

SERVER TRIED TO GIVE S59 ID: ACRE_PRC343_ID_37 EXISTING ALREADY FOR S78

SERVER TRIED TO GIVE S59 ID: ACRE_PRC343_ID_42 EXISTING ALREADY FOR S9

SERVER TRIED TO GIVE S74 ID: ACRE_PRC152_ID_21 EXISTING ALREADY FOR S77

SERVER TRIED TO GIVE S78 ID: ACRE_PRC343_ID_6 EXISTING ALREADY FOR S21

This is running with ACRE v1.3.16

This is usually caused by gear scripts during respawn that attempt to give back radios that are already distributed. This is just a warning message, the server does handle it and it correctly gives them a unique ID.

Hey guys,

My buddy and I are experiencing exactly the same issues, well almost:

I: seem to be able to connect fine, except that on checking the log I found traces of the error message "PIPE ERROR: -23". Is this serious? Because TS3 indicates that I am connecting to OA.

He: experiences the same error messages in TS3 ("ArmA2 Connected: No") and OA ("Warning: ACRE is not connected to Teamspeak") and yet:

a) he has installed ACRE plugin for TS3

b) activated ACRE plugin in TS3

c) his target line seems correct

d) he runs @CBA

e) he runs both TS3 and OA as Admin

So I'm trying to convince him to take up Fruity Rudy's offer (thanks mate) of support via TeamViewer

Edited by domokun

I'm having the same problem with ACRE not working at all in game, getting some message about ACRE experiencing a PIPE ERROR and having to close.

It was working fine until I updated my ACE/CBA/ACRE to the latest version. There is a "JayArma2Extension.log" file in my Arma2 OA folder which simply says "JayArma2Extension Initialized" and then "PIPE ERROR: -23" over and over again.

I've tried deleted @ACRE, @JayArma2Lib_new, reinstalling Teamspeak, etc. Can't seem to figure this one out.