Sign in to follow this  
noubernou

A.C.R.E - Advanced Combat Radio Environment - 1.4 Stable - Release Thread

-Psycho-;2147264']My comrade and me have the same problem. We make both use of the Logitch G35 7.1 Headset.

Our problem: The error occurs randomized. Sometime one can hear the other' date=' sometime one can hear the other verrryyyy quiet and sometime nobody hear the other. It makes no different if we speak directly to the other in front of them (we can see the light bulb in ts and the moving lips ingame) or speak via a radio. (no different in any radio)

[b']What we have do[/b]: We are using both the actual JayArmA2Lib_new, ACRE 1.4.4, CBA1.0 (all updated with latest SixUpdater) and of course TS 3.0.6. The server still up-to-date too. (latest ACRe & CBA) In front of our problems we updated and reinstall all needed stuff again on server and client side. We make a driver update of our headsets too and we are using both win7, 64bit. Because my suspicion also fell on the headset, we start to experiment with the win audio settings.

If we put after gamestart the soundoutput from the g35 to the normal loudspeakers we can hear the others voice (direct and radio) without any problems. Gamesound is on external speakers. If we remove the gamesound to the g35 we become evrytime a randomly result. (like descrption above)

If we put before the game start the gamesound to external speakers and start than the game we become the reverse result. (gamesound on g35 and voice output on external speakers)

If there no other way or suggestion for a solution of the problem with g35 Headset? Where is the technical problem with it (simulated 7.1 sound)?

btw: 3D Position in TS is set and we test it with disabled surroundsound too.

regards

Please see this thread on the Teamspeak Bug Forums: http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthread.php/73393-Client-3-0-6-and-Logitech-G35-(can-not-hear-anything)?highlight=Logitech

I was loaned a pair of the G930 headphones, and I do not see why anyone would purchase the G35 or G930. They sound horrible in my opinion and the fake surround sound is just that, totally fake.

Thanks for this link!

We will check it out asap and give our feedback here.

regards

btw: the G35 sounds great!:p

Where there fixed any bugs related to vehicle racks in this version?

Where there fixed any bugs related to vehicle racks in this version?

Yes, though some people seem to still have issues. It might be related to radio ID switching bug which seems related to an A2 network bug where objects cease to exist for periods of time.

Thank you for helping my Heaney, but I've got everything up to date undoubtedly. I've got Combined Operations version 1.60, TeamSpeak 3.0.6, Jayarma2lib_new and beta 92477 which is R59 on Sixupdater. I've got no idea why it doesn't work. Enlighten me!

(My last post)

Can anybody still help me by telling me why ArmA 2 said that dsound.dll is not connected even though it is not used in 1.4? When sixupdater ran with the beta, it suddenly worked. What's going on?

(My last post)

Can anybody still help me by telling me why ArmA 2 said that dsound.dll is not connected even though it is not used in 1.4? When sixupdater ran with the beta, it suddenly worked. What's going on?

dsound.dll is not dependent on the version of ACRE, but on the version of Arma. The latest betas do not require it and it should not be used. Arma2 1.60 final does need it though. So simple answer is, when you ran the beta it worked right with the version of jayarma2lib you have installed, when you didn't you didn't have the old version of jayarma2lib installed.

Yes, though some people seem to still have issues. It might be related to radio ID switching bug which seems related to an A2 network bug where objects cease to exist for periods of time.

Make sure they have server side 1.4.4.

I tried for hours to break the vehicle radios in all sorts of random scenarios and having lots of vehicle radios on.

Stayed stable the whole time. Good job.

---------- Post added at 09:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 PM ----------

(My last post)

Can you post your target line of the shortcut you use to launch Arma 2 with ACRE?

dsound.dll is not dependent on the version of ACRE, but on the version of Arma. The latest betas do not require it and it should not be used. Arma2 1.60 final does need it though. So simple answer is, when you ran the beta it worked right with the version of jayarma2lib you have installed, when you didn't you didn't have the old version of jayarma2lib installed.

I thank you a million times! It works now that I've installed an older version of arma2jaylib.

Yesterday for no apparent reason I got this error and radios didn't work:

Error in expression <(isNil "acre_sys_data_radioLockObject") && !(isNil "acre_sys_server_obelisk") ) >
 Error position: <&& !(isNil "acre_sys_server_obelisk") ) >
 Error Generic error in expression
File idi\clients\acre\addons\sys_data\fnc_getRadioState.sqf, line 9

There where playing around 30 people and nobody, except I guess one more person, got this kind of error. All other missions where fine, this is the first time I see such kind of error after updating to latest version.

Is it possible the mission was doing something to the radios? On the other hand I have seen cases of random corruption of data in arma, in terms of what can be counted on as "reliable". Generic errors on isNil checks aren't exactly confidence inspiring when it comes to the stability of Arma...

Nothing special in the mission itself, probably except its unusual size (~8mb). Every other mission we play is the same in terms of acre. Probably this is related to arma stability, but on previous stable version of acre I didn't get such error. Anyways I hope it won't repeat, because I see it's hard to figure out what's wrong.

I'd check the mission code also to see if someone had possibly reassigned nil to something... But yea, that code is run dozens of times per minute and it randomly fails once... Then doesn't complain again, even though the same parameters are being passed to it. Very odd.

Hello,

we had tested tonight the settings from the ts3 forum error thread and it works fine for us.

What was the problem for us: We can't hear anything of direct speaking / radio speaking from other players by fine working / installed ACRE1.4.4 with latest cba and JayArma2Lib.

For all others they have problems with the G35 headset i have made two screenshoots from the needed Teamspeak settings and how to look for right G35 driver version.

Following screen shows how to check up your g-managers versions witch includes your drivers:

15851epystl.jpg

next screen show needed ts3 settings to make the G35 work (Settings > Options > Playback):

xrodf1x4dfhe.jpg

You found the needed drivers there: http://www.logitech.com/en-us/gaming/headsets/devices/g35-surround-sound-headset

Thanks for helping NouberNou!

regards

Hello,

I have been experiencing strange issues with the latest version of ACRE in combination with the latest TS3 client version.

It might be noteworthy that I started playing arma 2 again after a several month long pause, so I might have overseen something here.

I apologize beforehand if that's the case.

The problem is the following:

1) Upon pressing the radio button in-game, the radio will activate and trasmit after a delay, or it won't transmit at all.

Sometimes the radio activates only after the talk-button is released, with the "end-of-transmission" sound following, making it impossible to talk on the radio.

It also seems that nothing is transmitted whenever I press the radio button while im talking normally to a player next to me. I have to wait a few seconds, then press it, but even then wether it works or not is a gamble.

The acre radio popup in the lower right corner of the screen shows up, but it just doesn't transmit anything and I can't hear the "radio signal" (beep) sound.

2) In some situations, other players can't hear me and when I check ts3, it shows that I'm muted, although I never muted me, nor was I muted. I'm always within a 30-40 m proximity to other players and in the same channel as them.

3) There are cases where I receive "error" messages in ts3 every 3 seconds. When that happens, I have to deactivate the "acre_x64.dll" since i can't hear anything over the ts3 "error" sound.

--

I have the latest version of @CBA, @JayArma2Lib and @acre installed via SIX updater.

I am running both arma 2:CO and ts3 exe files with admin rights.

Restarting ts3 or re-enabling the dll is not working either.

I have removed the arma 2 standard voip key bind, so it doesn't conflict with acre.

edit: neither me nor my buddy have logitech headphones.

I would greatly appreciate any help, tips or nudges in the right direction. :)

Thank you very much for your help in advance.

Edited by Psico_Payaso

Are you using voice activation? If so you need to not use it. Sadly as TS3 has progressed their implementation of speaking events related to voice activation and an additional push to talk key have become unmanageable.

i use voice act. all the time, works fine. The point is, if you use radio, you HAVE to say something, otherwise it will be bugged. Then the sensivity in TS gets ultra high. To make it work again if you screw it up, TS options, switch to push to talk, apply, switch to voice activation, apply and you#re good to go again. Sometimes i accidently press radio without saying anything, then it crashes. But right now i play the whole evening and it works. So if you use voice activation and you press the radio button, there will be no "beep" sound unless you speak.

I found out that my buddy I play arma with has the same problem apparently (not sure if this helps, just wanted to note that).

Are you using voice activation? If so you need to not use it. Sadly as TS3 has progressed their implementation of speaking events related to voice activation and an additional push to talk key have become unmanageable.

Ah I understand, so voice act. in ts3 was changed over time and now it doesn't work well with acre? Because it never was a problem for me with older acre versions.

Do you mean it's better to use push-to-talk in ts3 together with acre?

For example, having both ts3 and acre push-to-talk buttons binded to CAPS?

@Fruity_Rudy:

It behaves strangely even if I talk. I press caps (left it on default) and start talking or start talking and then press caps, but what I say is never transmitted either way.

Anyway, I will definitely try what you said.

thanks a lot guys :)

Whatever you do, do not bind TS3 to the same key you have bound for radios (by default capslock). Your TS3 push to talk key will be used to talk to people directly around you (direct speaking in ACRE terms) and then capslock is used to talk to people over your currently selected radio.

---------- Post added at 01:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:37 AM ----------

Also I figured out the how of the isNil bug mentioned earlier... not sure of the why part though...

I've downloaded last version(1.4.4.485), but where's the dsound.dll file? Is it the one called JayArma2Extension.dll now?

Thanks!

If you are not running the arma 2 beta than use your previous install of jayarma2lib, if you are using the beta then delete your old jayarma2lib and any instances of dsound.dll in your a2 folders and just use the one included in this release of ACRE.

every single DL i've tried has missing installer and dsound.dll files. installation is impossible without them. can we get an updated release?

Uh, no? Its not that hard to install on your own, copy the @ACRE folder to your A2OA dir, copy the right version of the plugin to your TS3 installs plugin folder, and if you read a couple post prior to the one you made you'd see why there is no dsound.dll.

There hasn't been an installer for over a year now. The default "installer" is SIX updater.

Uh, no? Its not that hard to install on your own, copy the @ACRE folder to your A2OA dir, copy the right version of the plugin to your TS3 installs plugin folder, and if you read a couple post prior to the one you made you'd see why there is no dsound.dll.

There hasn't been an installer for over a year now. The default "installer" is SIX updater.

For starters, you should probably update the readme files because people actually read those and use them for reference. Secondly, not everyone uses sixupdater and shouldn't have to. If you're going to release your program as standalone then do it right.

I've already deleted past instance of jayarma2lib and used the one from your archive but it didn't work. I know how to install mods and there's just something missing here. Again, please update your release files with proper readme's and instructions. Don't just tell me to download sixupdater.

For starters, you should probably update the readme files because people actually read those and use them for reference. Secondly, not everyone uses sixupdater and shouldn't have to. If you're going to release your program as standalone then do it right.

I've already deleted past instance of jayarma2lib and used the one from your archive but it didn't work. I know how to install mods and there's just something missing here. Again, please update your release files with proper readme's and instructions. Don't just tell me to download sixupdater.

I apologize for the lack of an updated readme with current instructions.

We do not have an installer, and have no had an installer for over a year now. We do not plan to ever introduce an automated installer again. The overhead for constant releases as well as handling the annoyances of two separate programs installation issues was not worth the effort when most people had no problem installing it manually or using SIX updater.

As far as JayArma2Lib goes, the version included in ACRE is meant to be used with the latest betas for Arma2 and does not require the dsound.dll file, infact it requires you to NOT have that file anymore (BIS graciously provided us with native access to external applications in the recent betas). If you are not running the latest betas (and you honestly should be as they greatly improve the game over the 1.60 final release) then you can download the current version of JayArma2Lib from here: https://dev-heaven.net/projects/jayarma2lib/files

This same link can be found in the thread for JayArma2Lib, which is also on this forum, as its official releases are posted there independently of ACRE, which just includes JayArma2Lib.

I hope that this explains any concerns that you may have.