Sign in to follow this  
UbiquitousUK

SP Mission: "A Different Kind of War III" by UbiquitousUK

A Different Kind of War III: India Down

arma2oa2012042817524829.jpg

Some time ago, I distributed a pair of missions known as "A Different Kind of War" and "A Different Kind of War II", with the expectation of making a third to finish the series. Well, now I have a release version of it.

This is the third mission in the "A Different kind of War" series.

As the insurgency on mainland Chernarus intensifies, it is clear that a key source of finance for the insurgents' operations is the illegal manufacture and export of opiates. The recent elimination by Force Recon of insurgent poppy seed production facilities north east of Krasnostav and key logistical facilities on Utes has severely impeded the smuggler's activities. Now is the time for the coup de grace: a once and for all strike at the leadership structure of the insurgents' operation.

Intelligence gathered by FR operatives on Utes island and civilian informants in Chernarus is helping to close the net around the insurgent drug smugglers whom we have been pursuing. Your mission is to insert behind Russian lines to strike a fatal blow to the insurgent command and control structure. INSERTION: You will insert by parachute out of a C-130J above the target area. PRIMARY OBJECTIVES: Your primary objective is the elimination of two key figures; (i) Dragan Globenko, head of the local secret police and enforcer for the insurgents, and (ii) Fedor Cherchesov, the head of the smuggling operation. SECONDARY OBJECTIVES: Destroy insurgent weapons caches at Solnichniy Factory, and eliminate insurgent H.Q.

Download: ArmAHolic; FileFactory

Installation: Extract the pbo file to your .\ArmA2\Missions folder. No add-ons/expansions required.

Version History:

v1.1 (1st May 2012)

Added option to select from different sniper rifles in the gear menu at the mission briefing screen.

Edited by UbiquitousUK

nice simple mission without bugs or errors.

btw: where i can get M107 from picture? :)

Thanks for the reminder vanhouten: I had meant to fix this. I just uploaded a new version in which you can use the gear menu at the briefing screen to select from three different sniper rifles or the DMR.

Having a couple of problems.

First of all I can't chose any other weapons than the M14 DMR on the initial gear page. Next I don't see the task to kill one of the targets, my only target is the guy at the farm house. When I start getting near the vantage point, the invisible task automatically completes and enables the exfiltrate objective. Aside from that it seems to be working, I can eliminate the farm house target and move on normally.

Update: When the invisible assassination task completes, I hear an explosion in the distance but can't see what is blowing up or why.

Edited by Artyom

my tasks works OK. first guy at farm, then ammunition cars, then attack with alfa and bravo to small village. maybe you would to lock Mi8 :-)

Played your first 2 (great) missions back in 2009, glad to see you're still editing. Oh and thanks for #3 btw.

Somehow Dragan doesnt arrives at the first mission checkpoint. did i miss a trigger or should i just wait longer?

p.s.: i wait till 17:45 so i dont think he will come anymore. btw: your other missions are AWESOME!!!