Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: OA beta build 92209 (1.60 MP compatible build, post 1.60 release)

http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

[92071] Changed: Observer RPT messages now once per 60 sec, https://dev-heaven.net/issues/29985

[92061] Fixed: AtoC on nVidia for CSAA

[92059] PPAA pars tweak & SMAA use color edge detection method

[91173] New: Registry driven mod can contain list of required mods in its REQUIRE string value (the same syntax as for LOADAFTER). Moreover, the reg.value CANDISABLE="0" can be used to make the Disable button disabled.

+ some crash hotfixes (client/server),

+ that alpha transparency fix which might solve the white dots bugs and some other issues with AA modes

+ some other fixes which may fix some rare visual and crash issues

Any news about an option to disable the new mouse steering/camera movement when using TrackIR?

Any news about an option to disable the new mouse steering/camera movement when using TrackIR?

i'm sure this is planned just no idea when ...

Is there a way to find out when BE support will arrive?

it's already supported since several hours ago ...

[92059] PPAA pars tweak & SMAA use color edge detection method

any more details on this one please

just correction how it's calculated plus resolved some issues with <>100% 3D ...

This beta is making my game crash on start up. The irony is Arma hasn't crashed for me in months, maybe years. Last beta was fine, but just this patch that does it. Nay clues as to what might might be causing it?

If I want to revert back to an earlier beta do I have to reinstall the game? Or can I just delete the beta folder?

Cheers

Probably just delete the beta folder and reinstall the old one. I'm usually renaming the old beta version to include its build number before installing any new one. That way, getting old beta back is just a matter of renaming the folders.

This beta is making my game crash on start up. The irony is Arma hasn't crashed for me in months, maybe years. Last beta was fine, but just this patch that does it. Nay clues as to what might might be causing it?

If I want to revert back to an earlier beta do I have to reinstall the game? Or can I just delete the beta folder?

Cheers

Just delete the beta folder and re-install the beta you want.

---------- Post added at 12:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 PM ----------

Probably just delete the beta folder and reinstall the old one. I'm usually renaming the old beta version to include its build number before installing any new one. That way, getting old beta back is just a matter of renaming the folders.

That's the "smart" way to do it. :)

That's the "smart" way to do it. :)

and you can run anytime any version (D:\Games\ArmA 2\@SGTu_beta\arma2oa.exe -beta=@SGTu_beta;@SGTu_beta\Expansion)

Hi - I think that Arma2oaserver.exe did not benefit from an update to 92209 - I have checked and downloaded twice and my server report is still showing 91138.

Can anyone else confirm this?

Hi - I think that Arma2oaserver.exe did not benefit from an update to 92209 - I have checked and downloaded twice and my server report is still showing 91138.

Can anyone else confirm this?

at least we have another reason for new beta ;)

It's not me for once then! I have had the server down for the day for maintenance. I would have spotted it sooner otherwise.

Will look forward to the next beta then!

at least we have another reason for new beta ;)

:)

To pick up on something from late in the previous beta thread re binoculars:

since 1.60 with the "more intelligent" use of binoculars, AI behave quite bizarrely at times. Crossing an unavoidable open space at full run (in delta formation, aware mode) half my squad fell way behind. The cause was unit 6 (a medic) taking out his binos every 100m or so to admire the scenery. I made the unit drop the binoculars & dammitall, he started using his NVGs as binos - at 10 am on a sunny day.

Also recently watched a Delta unit repeatedly whipping out his binos to look at the 3m high embankment 2m away from his nose - have the Delta units been upgraded to botanists, perchance?

Also with asr_ai rearming on, units sometimes will pick up a second pair of NVGs abd use thise as binos - as a poster in the asr_ai thread also reported recently. Looks ludicrous.

It's actually hard to reproduce, happens without warning in vanilla CO or with ' vanilla' beta 91138. I'll try to put together some sort of demo, & if I can get it reasonably reproducible for one or more oddities in vanilla CO, I'll create a CIT.

Thanks to all at BIS for the continuing & unsurpassed support :D

you can run anytime any version (D:\Games\ArmA 2\@SGTu_beta\arma2oa.exe -beta=@SGTu_beta;@SGTu_beta\Expansion)

That's some tidy advice, cheers lads!

+ that alpha transparency fix which might solve the white dots bugs and some other issues with AA modes

+ some other fixes which may fix some rare visual and crash issues

White dots on foliage are still present when using FSAA on an ATI card :/

White dots on foliage are still present when using FSAA on an ATI card :/

To remove white dots on foliage for ATI cards you need to check 'Use application settings' for AA and Anisotropic Filtering in Catalyst Control Center->3D settings.

Strongly recommend BIS to bring us the "objects viewdistace " in the next formal updating patch.The "3000M terran viewdistance+3000M" objects viewdistance would be the great experience.

Cheers

Double check you don't have a dsound.dll in your game or expansion/beta folder.

Also perhaps it's a good idea to check the RPT file, and report any errors you find, in case they can be fixed.

Double check you don't have a dsound.dll in your game or expansion/beta folder.

Also perhaps it's a good idea to check the RPT file, and report any errors you find, in case they can be fixed.

Isn't the dsound.dll used for ACRE? It's been in my Arrowhead folder for a long time - did something change?

Isn't the dsound.dll used for ACRE? It's been in my Arrowhead folder for a long time - did something change?
It's for JayArma2Lib and since @JayArma2Lib_New (and Game Build 87662 or newer) you don't need dsound.dll anymore, and it can cause crashes if it's available.

It's for JayArma2Lib and since @JayArma2Lib_New (and Game Build 87662 or newer) you don't need dsound.dll anymore, and it can cause crashes if it's available.

I shall nip off and delete it then! Thanks Sickboy.