Sign in to follow this  
konyo

Boeing/SOAR MH-47E

Yeah took abit off the nose, looks much better now. Not much left to do neither :D

I like the sound of that :).

Looks so great :). Are some huge HighRes Pictures Available?

Best regards

[Edit] Are there any plans for the two "gunports" at the back? :)

Best regards

gunport at the back is right on MH-47G

Best regards

No pictures yet... However I can get some high res huge photos with fraps? :P

Like Ei8ght said, he's most likley correct... But what are the gun ports?

How are people going to be seated in the MH47, I can see problems where you can't fit people because of the extra gunner, are you maybe going to add seats somwhere else or just lose the 2-3 seats needed for the gunner to have room?

gunport at the back is right on MH-47G

Both pics you shown are from an airshow... when you go through the whole collection, you see the gunport on the left side too... Its just Round and not rectangular.

So Two M134 in the Front, and two M240 at the back.

[EDIT] Or did I just missread your statement? :) ?

How are people going to be seated in the MH47, I can see problems where you can't fit people because of the extra gunner, are you maybe going to add seats somwhere else or just lose the 2-3 seats needed for the gunner to have room?

Even with gunners there are more than enough seats for plenty of Soldiers? More intersting would be a Version with couple seats stowed, so you have place for Zodiacs and other Vehicles :)

Edited by swissMAG

Ok, so here is whats on my mind

1. MH47 with 24 cargo seats, 2 miniguns on sides and 1 M240 on ramp. (For cargo carrying/transport)

2. MH47 with 18 cargo seats, 2 miniguns on sides, 2 m240's on sides and no ramp gunner (For fire support and cargo carrying/transport)

3. MH47 with 6 seats (Enough for a crew of a CRCC the, 2 miniguns on sides and 2 m240's on the sides no ramp gunner. (For Zodiac extractions)

3 Versions set up like this would be kinda cool if you ask me but thats up to you konyo. If done this way it gives mission makers a good aircraft for a wide variety of missions. Obviously ArmA lacks multi mission capable aircraft for some reason. (Could be engine limitations, I don't know) I wonder if you could even have it scripted so seats can fold down in one of the helicopters if its not being used for CRCC's (so basicly MH47 2 and 3 would be the same just using an add action adds an extra 12 seats and takes out the room for a CRCC) I think that would be cool.

Edited by Sup3r6F0ur
Spelling errors

yeah Zodiac-carrying could be nice :)

aswell as supporting of airdropping it ;)

like in movies/thrillers, with turned on engine and soldiers in[kinda risky circus even for movie stunts] -)

Ok, so here is whats on my mind

1. MH47 with 24 cargo seats, 2 miniguns on sides and 1 M240 on ramp. (For cargo carrying/transport)

2. MH47 with 18 cargo seats, 2 miniguns on sides, 2 m240's on sides and no ramp gunner (For fire support and cargo carrying/transport)

3. MH47 with 6 seats (Enough for a crew of a CRCC the, 2 miniguns on sides and 2 m240's on the sides no ramp gunner. (For Zodiac extractions)

3 Versions set up like this would be kinda cool if you ask me but thats up to you konyo. If done this way it gives mission makers a good aircraft for a wide variety of missions. Obviously ArmA lacks multi mission capable aircraft for some reason. (Could be engine limitations, I don't know) I wonder if you could even have it scripted so seats can fold down in one of the helicopters if its not being used for CRCC's (so basicly MH47 2 and 3 would be the same just using an add action adds an extra 12 seats and takes out the room for a CRCC) I think that would be cool.

Well currently at the moment there is 24, including 2 Mini Gunners and 2 other Cargo positions ;)

Not too sure about the Crrc extraction model, i guess i could get the seats to animate up, but not to include it in the model so that you can only have them up by scripting them? Which mission makers should easily be able to do :D

EDIT: But saying that, how can the Crrc fit in the back? They would have to use attachto script...

Edited by konyo

Well currently at the moment there is 24, including 2 Mini Gunners and 2 other Cargo positions ;)

Not too sure about the Crrc extraction model, i guess i could get the seats to animate up, but not to include it in the model so that you can only have them up by scripting them? Which mission makers should easily be able to do :D

EDIT: But saying that, how can the Crrc fit in the back? They would have to use attachto script...

Its around the same width inside.

Its around the same width inside.

Sorry I ment in Arma, you can't simply place one inside and take off otherwise your glitch everywhere or not even get off the ground, so the boat would have to be connect by attachto

But with the animate scripts, the proxies on those seats have to be removed to, otherwise when the chopper gets boarded, some wierd seating will happen :).

Attachto is a possible way and has been done before. The problem with that, is the glitching for the passengers, when a "foreign" object is in a model. The object gets huge and looks wierd. This could be fixed with maybe add some proxies and hiddenselections which can replace the real boat inside the chopper...

Basicly: The Zodiacs drives into the Boat, he gets a Useraction to move the passengers into the chinook. Then remove the Zodiac and replace it with the zodiac-Proxie. Maybe worth a try.

Norrin worked on some zodiac scripts back when smileynick was still working on the RAF Chinook.

Best regards

But with the animate scripts, the proxies on those seats have to be removed to, otherwise when the chopper gets boarded, some wierd seating will happen :).

Attachto is a possible way and has been done before. The problem with that, is the glitching for the passengers, when a "foreign" object is in a model. The object gets huge and looks wierd. This could be fixed with maybe add some proxies and hiddenselections which can replace the real boat inside the chopper...

Basicly: The Zodiacs drives into the Boat, he gets a Useraction to move the passengers into the chinook. Then remove the Zodiac and replace it with the zodiac-Proxie. Maybe worth a try.

Norrin worked on some zodiac scripts back when smileynick was still working on the RAF Chinook.

Best regards

Good point, maybe another model with the proxys removed and animated seats? Would be a huge file size though?

& Yeah good idea with the scripts, only thing is im no good at scripting :( Will have a look around, may ask Norrin too for those scripts :D

Yeah, Otherwise ask the creaters of the CRCC Extraction script that used the RAF Chinnook and they may be able to help you out on it. I did not mean to add to your project, I just thought of the idea and thought it would be cool to have it that way.

Yeah, Otherwise ask the creaters of the CRCC Extraction script that used the RAF Chinnook and they may be able to help you out on it. I did not mean to add to your project, I just thought of the idea and thought it would be cool to have it that way.

JDog also did a script, could maybe make that into it. Also would you rarther have 2 models making the file size bigger, or one model but done for scripting?

Honestly thats up to you Konyo, I think most would rather have the scripting option though.

Can you use hidden selection to hide cargo proxys though, im not too sure on that, another plan if it happens by scripts. I could reduce the transportCargo option to say 4, then they will only fill up 4 cargo proxys?... thats the plan anyway, Weather it works... Thats another thing :p

Edited by konyo

As you asked mate ive done some very nice high res and huge pictures for you ;)

Im pretty impressed with them actually, amazing what angles you can get with the simple 'camera.sqs' script :D

Two MH-47E's on a Night mission across Chernarus.

http://i794.photobucket.com/albums/yy222/konyo-napster4/MH-47E/be8cd3bf.jpg

Single MH-47E Roaming the Skies.

http://i794.photobucket.com/albums/yy222/konyo-napster4/MH-47E/00369f82.jpg

& The MH-47E with the RHIB in Oxygen 2.

http://i794.photobucket.com/albums/yy222/konyo-napster4/MH-47E/0f18c44d.jpg

Thanks mate. :) Pictures are allways a nice teaser :). 800x600 is not really "Huge" but it looks awesome, from what I can see on those pictures ;-).

How will de FLIR Pod be implemted? You have a Copilot with access to the FLIR? That would be great.

There are still no plans to convert the old analog gauges from the cockpit with some Glass Cockpit MFD's etc? For the guy who has the pleasures to fly this beast, it would be nice to have a nice scenery in the cockpit toooo ;-).

Cant wait :)

Best regards

[Edit] If you need any help or a tester, I would gladly help wherever i can. :)

Thanks mate. :) Pictures are allways a nice teaser :). 800x600 is not really "Huge" but it looks awesome, from what I can see on those pictures ;-).

How will de FLIR Pod be implemted? You have a Copilot with access to the FLIR? That would be great.

There are still no plans to convert the old analog gauges from the cockpit with some Glass Cockpit MFD's etc? For the guy who has the pleasures to fly this beast, it would be nice to have a nice scenery in the cockpit toooo ;-).

Cant wait :)

Best regards

[Edit] If you need any help or a tester, I would gladly help wherever i can. :)

Sorry thats the size Fraps captures them at. Still bigger than the previous pictures i was giving you all ;)

Yes the Co-Pilot currently has access to the Camera & Flir... & Laser Marker. Just need to make the camera free look and it be all finished. & No sorry, cockpit all is the same as the old model. A Few more working dials though & when my personal best.. When flying at night, it lights up :D

Got a few Beta tester's already, but ill add you to the list as you been here the whole topic, incase we need more :D

If you need another shoot a PM my way, I would love to test this thing out, I wish Yuripetrov would use his crazy Blackhawk making skills to the test and make MH60's to go with this. Your MH47 is going to be a little bit more advanced than the other SOAR aircraft out there just because it has working FLIR and what not.

I hope ACE Sling loading will work with your MH-47E? :)

I hope ACE Sling loading will work with your MH-47E? :)

Nope... ACE won't be included, tryed but it didn't work, the scripts were too too old and outdated.