Sign in to follow this  
konyo

Boeing/SOAR MH-47E

the standard ch-47f lacks accurate landing gear

Sorry but what's wrong with the landing gear on the BIS CH-47F?

Also, while I'm here just to let you all know that I'm sorry that the release has taken longer than expected. I know i said it would be a few days after it's trial run but its been rarther complicated, hopefully it shouldnt be much longer.. So to keep you all on your toe's, here's another picture... ;)

th_69953043-E5F0-4A32-8CA1-586E44CC5104-4749-000004DC08EDD274.jpg

Edited by konyo

Nice lol how did you get the guy to do a hand stand? I don't think I ever saw that animation before.

Sorry but what's wrong with the landing gear on the BIS CH-47F?

Also, while I'm here just to let you all know that I'm sorry that the release has taken longer than expected. I know i said it would be a few days after it's trial run but its been rarther complicated, hopefully it shouldnt be much longer.. So to keep you all on your toe's, here's another picture... ;)

When the ch-47's front landing gear hits the ground the gear shouldn't collapse immediately, see:

Just get JSRS soundmod. It sounds exactly like it does in real life. Are you an Aviation Mechanic? I would imagine only someone who spends an intimate amount of time near them would nitpick the wheel like that :P not that it's a bad thing

Nice lol how did you get the guy to do a hand stand? I don't think I ever saw that animation before.

The animation name is 'AmovPercMstpSnonWnonDnon_idle70chozeniPoRukou' ;)

When the ch-47's front landing gear hits the ground the gear shouldn't collapse immediately, see:

I see, so kind of like my MH-47E does? Takes a while for it to bog down on its gear? :o

The animation name is 'AmovPercMstpSnonWnonDnon_idle70chozeniPoRukou' ;)

I see, so kind of like my MH-47E does? Takes a while for it to bog down on its gear? :o

Well sort of, a real ch-47's landing gear is supposed to be stiff on hitting the ground and once you start to move the collective (the collective controls the pitch of the rotors) lower to have the helo be sturdily on the ground the landing gear should then start to collapse. The reason they do this is because they are supposed to absorb energy in the event of a crash in order to protect the crew. If you want to read further about this I suggest reading about the UH-60's landing gear, its state of the art at absorbing energy and when watching a 60 crash you can see how well the gear works. Also, in response to Jolly I have the soundmod and its great, but it still doesn't make the helos that realistic. Lastly no, I am not an aviation mechanic I'm just a guy that has devoted a ton of hours learning and flying helicopters.

Well sort of, a real ch-47's landing gear is supposed to be stiff on hitting the ground and once you start to move the collective (the collective controls the pitch of the rotors) lower to have the helo be sturdily on the ground the landing gear should then start to collapse. The reason they do this is because they are supposed to absorb energy in the event of a crash in order to protect the crew. If you want to read further about this I suggest reading about the UH-60's landing gear, its state of the art at absorbing energy and when watching a 60 crash you can see how well the gear works. Also, in response to Jolly I have the soundmod and its great, but it still doesn't make the helos that realistic. Lastly no, I am not an aviation mechanic I'm just a guy that has devoted a ton of hours learning and flying helicopters.

Ohh thanks. I didn't know that, It's a nice bit of information to know about.

It sounds like you sure know your stuff :p

MH-47EPreview2Forums.jpg

(Click for larger version)

:o

Wow, that is a really nice picture Konyo! Btw what Addon/Mod is that KC-130 Tanker apart of? I tried to search for it on here.

Dave,

Wow, that is a really nice picture Konyo! Btw what Addon/Mod is that KC-130 Tanker apart of? I tried to search for it on here.

Dave,

Thanks :D Its looks almost real, I'm really impressed with that photo, out of 10+ that one turned out the best.

It's the KC-130 from the ACE Mod.

Sorry.. but more teasing, I guess I'm not done with teasing just yet :p

AE7B5C3A-3927-494F-BFBB-C21C547A310F-10401-00000B29986B549D.jpg

B374292B-E220-47DB-A6FD-392DCD3BA208-10483-00000B300856C558.jpg

Edited by konyo

the way these guys sit reminds of a mission in Medal of Honor 2010

the way these guys sit reminds of a mission in Medal of Honor 2010

You see konyo this is what this heli is doing to us :D

You see konyo this is what this heli is doing to us :D

We're like crack fiends man, we need our fix

Konyo, be honest. Are you delaying release so it comes out at the same time as Yuri's MH60's? Be honest man. LOL. Keep up the good work, the helicopter seems to get better and better the bigger this topic gets.

We're like crack fiends man, we need our fix

You've had enough fix this week lol, 3 WIP images in a week ;)

Konyo, be honest. Are you delaying release so it comes out at the same time as Yuri's MH60's? Be honest man. LOL. Keep up the good work, the helicopter seems to get better and better the bigger this topic gets.

Nope, I'm not delaying the release. I'm waiting for a script fix but unfortunaly norrins computer hardrive crashed so hes unable to fix the scripts until he's got his PC back up and running, and while he's doing that I keep improving it as I've got the time to do it :D That's the honest answer.. Honest :D

You've all waited long enough already, so I'm sure you can wait an extra few more weeks?

We can wait, just giving you a hard time. Hey. Do you have the wreck models done, if so can we see some pictures so you can torture us more?

No rush, Do what you gotta do. At the end of the day we all know it will be released eventually, as long as its before A3 lol

We can wait, just giving you a hard time. Hey. Do you have the wreck models done, if so can we see some pictures so you can torture us more?

I know ;) Yes the wreck models are done, I will get some pictures of the wreck models for you tomorrow to tease over.

No rush, Do what you gotta do. At the end of the day we all know it will be released eventually, as long as its before A3 lol

It will be release eventually ;) Way before ArmA3... I hope! Haha! Nah it will I can assure you that.

EDIT: Yura asked me to take some pictures of his MH-60L & my MH47E together in a mission. So here they are :rolleyes:

More screenshots can be found at the ArmA II & OA Photography I Thread.

B97922E2-1355-4079-BBAB-9EAD1A769FA0-10536-00000B339AA04173.jpg

Edited by konyo

As an appreciation for the work you've put into this baby konyo, I did a little photoshopping to bring to life (as much as possible with photoshop) your creation.

outoffocusbeast.jpg

Konyo, on the MH-60L, is there the fastrope?