Sign in to follow this  
konyo

Boeing/SOAR MH-47E

So stoked! So like... 10-14 days?
He only said a few days, not a bunch ;)

I have started the clock :D

Few days could be longer, It's a few days till testing then a few days to correct bugs (If any). Then the countdown.. Maybe 4 days to a week? - The countdown that is, not the release.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.What the requirments of the mod will be?

Tuesday = 6 days + Rapping up release = Week to 14 days?

Sounds about right :p

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.What the requirments of the mod will be?

Requirements? What do you mean? :confused:

Will I need any other mods to use it?

Nope, just ArmA2 & Operation Arrowhead Expansion Pack :D

Nope, just ArmA2 & Operation Arrowhead Expansion Pack :D

Which expansion pack, PMC or BAF? :)

You can touch them if you've pulled ;) .. But you might catch something :o

With the MH-47E you can touch all night long and not catch anything :p

Not to mention she won't get upset at you for holding your joystick and never letting go.

I know it is VERY late but I must say, the touch up that Ei8ght did really fleshed out the MH look and your nosejob finished the persona nicely, so congrats to the team on that, and to those donating scripts to really flesh this bird out. I think Agrofax would be proud to see his bird still being relevant but also renewed in such a way. My thanks to the team as well, it is not often you see richly simulated birds outside of single entity mods, so this is a nice treat.

Just one question, you say walkable interior, very curious to know if you mean in general or perhaps in flight?

___

Yeah he meant OA, though it is a standalone as well so that could lead to some confusion, either way PMC and BAF are sort of free so they shouldn't be a concern.

Man, this morning has been quite a big day for this thread. Imagine what it will be like a day before release! ;)

Operation Arrowhead is technically an expansion pack. (is what I think he meant.)

Yes sorry, I just get use to calling them expansion packs as they expand the original game. At least that's how I see it anyway lol, so I just call them all expansion packs :D Sorry for the confusion.

I know it is VERY late but I must say, the touch up that Ei8ght did really fleshed out the MH look and your nosejob finished the persona nicely, so congrats to the team on that, and to those donating scripts to really flesh this bird out. I think Agrofax would be proud to see his bird still being relevant but also renewed in such a way. My thanks to the team as well, it is not often you see richly simulated birds outside of single entity mods, so this is a nice treat.

Just one question, you say walkable interior, very curious to know if you mean in general or perhaps in flight

It was VXR that did the work on the textures, easy mistake :p Ei8ght gave me the reference stuff for the model. I totally agree with you, I was looking through the pictures of the MH47E in my album and the dark black paint job before VXR finished the paint job was horrible, Can't believe I said it looked good.. Eurrghh... It looks brilliant now though thanks to VXR :D & Yes the people who done scripts have been brilliant too, norrin for fast ropes, blackmamb for radio chatter & deadfast/blackmamb for the wipers. All done a brilliant job & wouldn't be as good without them. Fact! So a huge thanks to them all!

Regarding the walkable interior question, It's walkable in general so you can walk up the ramp and walk around inside. Not when in flight though as ArmA2 physics don't allow it.

Man, this morning has been quite a big day for this thread. Imagine what it will be like a day before release! ;)

I was thinking that earlier, it's been like 5 pages since this morning :o Will be an exciting day on here before it's release :p All you guys will be hyped for its release on here the day before :D I'm excited already and Ive got the addon Ha!

Edited by konyo

Konyo please don't tell us when it will be released, because i think i wouldn't to anything eles than be on the forum all day :)

Konyo please don't tell us when it will be released, because i think i wouldn't to anything eles than be on the forum all day :)

Haha.. It will be fun though :)

Do you think after this there will be any other 160th SOAR helicopters to come or generally top quality helicopters or aircraft?

Do you think after this there will be any other 160th SOAR helicopters to come or generally top quality helicopters or aircraft?

Not from me, i know someone who's making stunning progress on an MH-60L.. It Look's great from what he's show me :D

Is he a member of the forum.Maybe I can check his work out.Always loved the hawk family

Yes, he is Yurapetrov :D he's a great guy making great stuff. Just like Konyo ;)

Thank you astast

EDIT:I know this guy.I have tried out his addons.Indeed really nice work.Imagine Konyo and Yurapetrov making together a helicopter.Simply awesome!

Yes, he is Yurapetrov :D he's a great guy making great stuff. Just like Konyo ;)

Indeed, his attention to detail on all his Seahawks/Blackhawks are very good :) I'm really looking forward to trying his MH-60L with the MH-47E :D Those 2 together will be heaven!

Thank you astast

EDIT:I know this guy.I have tried out his addons.Indeed really nice work.Imagine Konyo and Yurapetrov making together a helicopter.Simply awesome!

You can kind of count this as his and mine if you wanted to, he has helped me finish loads of things on this MH-47E.

To the Co-pilots camera to the countermeasures.. :D

How about a CSAR-X?

All it would need was a re-texutre.. Cant see why it can't be done ;)

I take it that it has all the same features as the MH-47E?

EDIT: By the way, here's a few more pictures for you all. I was just having a quick play on a training mission i made ages ago and added the MH-47E to the Helipad ;) ... I actually put my graphics setting's up to the highest setting's for these pictures, but unfortunately the pictures dont show how great it looked!.. But Wow! Did the MH47E look good on the highest settings!!!

http://i794.photobucket.com/albums/yy222/konyo-napster4/MH-47E/55EC7397-25CE-47F1-A5DA-1E5A9BA69064-3638-00000402AF64CE35.jpg

http://i794.photobucket.com/albums/yy222/konyo-napster4/MH-47E/65EDB6E5-8C40-4A06-A0AF-46F68A55BCB5-3638-00000402AA81C728.jpg

http://i794.photobucket.com/albums/yy222/konyo-napster4/MH-47E/CC3AD09A-095A-4698-B4EA-5699D40DA0D3-3638-00000402A54159AE.jpg

http://i794.photobucket.com/albums/yy222/konyo-napster4/MH-47E/C16DA5DA-8FE9-42D3-8C53-87692D6548B2-3638-000004029F9B91F5.jpg

Edited by konyo

I think so, though since it's still on the table there are rumors that they may amp the cockpit to CH-47F. http://www.chinook-helicopter.com/history/aircraft/E_Models/92-00468/92-00468_Cockpit_2004.jpg would probably have a cockpit such as this (assuming based on the FLIR camera image and window shape) If that that is true or you decide to go that route, and unless someone your team wants to take up the task, I'd happily model the new instruments and share them with you, if not then no biggie.

Mmm nothing like a nice matte military vehicle, though why has the color shifted from dark grey to brown?

Edited by NodUnit

I think so, though since it's still on the table there are rumors that they may amp the cockpit to CH-47F. http://www.chinook-helicopter.com/history/aircraft/E_Models/92-00468/92-00468_Cockpit_2004.jpg would probably have a cockpit such as this (assuming based on the FLIR camera image and more armored windows) If that that is true or you decide to go that route, unless someone your team wants to take up the task, I'd happily model the new instruments and share them with you, if not then no biggie.

Mmm nothing like a nice matte military vehicle, though why has the color shifted from dark grey to brown?

Looks the same as an MH from those pictures, hopefully should just be a re-texture job and the jobs a gooden.

Ah yes please mate if you can, that would be great feature! :D Thanks!

Its always been a light brownish colour since its had Sand weathering on it etc? :confused:

Konyo from what I know I am not colorblind but the Nightstalkers don't actually have a matt black color finish?