Sign in to follow this  
konyo

Boeing/SOAR MH-47E

If you're taking suggestions for a new helo project, perhaps an FBI HRT model would be interesting. By the way, did you have any luck contacting Sakura-chan about those door gunner animations?

FYI official name is the 'Bell 412' :)

That's what I'm trying to solve, how to cycle the animation.

Take a look at the GAZ33 from the RHS AFRF mod - it has working windscreen wipers. Asking for help from those lads, or even sneaking a peek into the GAZ's config might help shed some light for you.

make a paypal account and stick a link on your website. You never know there may be people that support modders like yourself {wink}
I thought paying for addons was against the EULA..eh guess very generous donations don't hurt !

Thanks for the thought.. however i don't pay for my website as it's a free version ... (for now) I host all my uploads on Google Doc's so i don't use up all my websites usage space which is limited for free. Plus i do the modeling in my free time, which i have alot of to be honest so it's not using any work time etc. Thanks again for the thought :D ... Love this community ;)

By the way, did you have any luck contacting Sakura-chan about those door gunner animations?

Unfortunately Sakura-Chan is long gone... Old Bear at Armed Assault had no contact details for her. However luckily someone posted a link back a couple of pages for the version RKSL_Rock done :o I havn't tryed it out yet, so i have yet to see...

Take a look at the GAZ33 from the RHS AFRF mod - it has working windscreen wipers. Asking for help from those lads, or even sneaking a peek into the GAZ's config might help shed some light for you.

Cool thanks, I will get in contact with them and see if i can get any info :)

Unfortunately Sakura-Chan is long gone... Old Bear at Armed Assault had no contact details for her. However luckily someone posted a link back a couple of pages for the version RKSL_Rock done :o I havn't tryed it out yet, so i have yet to see...

The stuff I wrote the tuts for on the RKSL forums doesn't do what was shown in Sakura-Chan's Blackhawk vid: It's just how you can do standard static .rtm animations for ArmA vehicle crews, and slightly more complex model.cfg animations for vehicle turrets than the normal single-axis rotation we see on most vehicles. The crew isn't linked to movement of the turret by any means more complex than the crew proxy being part of the turret named selections - the same as many vehicles in ArmA.

Sakura's vid shows a non-static crew animation, apparently linked to the animation sources on the vehicle that turn the turret. It's a lot more complex.

The stuff I wrote the tuts for on the RKSL forums doesn't do what was shown in Sakura-Chan's Blackhawk vid: It's just how you can do standard static .rtm animations for ArmA vehicle crews, and slightly more complex model.cfg animations for vehicle turrets than the normal single-axis rotation we see on most vehicles. The crew isn't linked to movement of the turret by any means more complex than the crew proxy being part of the turret named selections - the same as many vehicles in ArmA.

Sakura's vid shows a non-static crew animation, apparently linked to the animation sources on the vehicle that turn the turret. It's a lot more complex.

Have to wait & see how complex it is lol :confused:

It will be intresting learning how to do it :D

By the way, I've also removed the 3rd Windscreen Wiper (Middle Window). Real life they only have the 2 :D

Edited by konyo

I love the idea and the graphics are amazing great job keep it up. 1 Question, Will this helicopter be able to work with ACE and other Mods? Keep up the good work

I love the idea and the graphics are amazing great job keep it up. 1 Question, Will this helicopter be able to work with ACE and other Mods? Keep up the good work

Yes this addon will work with ACE (hopefully)... still needs testing with ACE yet.

Yes this addon will work with ACE (hopefully)... still needs testing with ACE yet.

If you want i can do some testing on my groups dedicated server with some people seeing that's running ace/acre :)

If you want i can do some testing on my groups dedicated server with some people seeing that's running ace/acre :)

Haha! I was just going to ask on here who uses ACE actually. I dont have the faintest idea on how to use any of ACE? So many different options...

So if anyone who's an expert at ACE.. then i will need your help on the evening i do the beta testing.. providing the people who are already going to help me dont know how to use ACE. Will have to ask them :p

Will we all get a chance to try the beta version?

No sorry. My plan is to do the beta version a few days before it's release. So if anythings wrong i can fix it and release it :D

No sorry. My plan is to do the beta version a few days before it's release. So if anythings wrong i can fix it and release it :D

Well i wish you luck on your big release (thats what she said) and hope to play it soon (release date?) <=== {wink} {wink}

Well i wish you luck on your big release (thats what she said) and hope to play it soon (release date?) <=== {wink} {wink}

Haha they all say that ;)

Sorry no release date yet, myself and VXR are still hard at work trying to get it finished :D

Edited by konyo

Haha they all say that ;)

Sorry no release date yet, myself and VXR are still hard at work trying to get it finished :D

How about another youtube video? :bounce3:

How about another youtube video? :bounce3:

Your get another one soon once the window wipers are animated correctly ;)

Love the picture in your signature by the way :) ... My bestest helicopter ;)

Edited by konyo

I was thinking when you use the fast rope does the ramp go down automatically, its just that it was very hard to see in the video.

Hey count me in Konyo! I can safely say I've learnt enough about ACE from the time I've been using it..but don't expect me to be some kind of dev-level expert on it :)

I was thinking when you use the fast rope does the ramp go down automatically, its just that it was very hard to see in the video.

Yes when you fast rope, the rear ramp animates automatically :p

Hey count me in Konyo! I can safely say I've learnt enough about ACE from the time I've been using it..but don't expect me to be some kind of dev-level expert on it :)

Will remember that ;)

Edited by konyo

I have 400 hours in the chinook in FSX. I wouldn't mind testing your baby :)

I have 400 hours in the chinook in FSX. I wouldn't mind testing your baby :)

Your have to wait until its release :p Sorry! ;)

Edited by konyo

Still nothing new :butbut:

You better learn to get some patience here my friend.

You better learn to get some patience here my friend.

Funny thing in-fact, sometimes i will sit on a web page refreshing it for hours