Sign in to follow this  
b00tsy

Domination for Single Player

Hello there,

will you also release a chenarus version? or will you leave that to others to port over?

Rgds

LoK

PS. Adding BAF/PMC units would be nice too. hint hint!

Hello there,

will you also release a chenarus version? or will you leave that to others to port over?

Rgds

LoK

PS. Adding BAF/PMC units would be nice too. hint hint!

No I am keeping it with this OA version as this also the only version I have all the folders of.

The current version already has some BAF vehicles at the base and the BIS support by default module can only spawn US units as far as I know, but I could create an addaction that spawns BAF units too on command. At the moment I am creating a new mission for the Island Lingor, after that I will work on this domi-edit some more :)

Hi,

I thank you for this mission, I was left wanting after SP OA campaign and I wanted to play a dynamic mission in singleplayer.

So thanks for all the labor. If these games continue to live after the release it's thanks to guys like you.

I would have a couple of suggestions however, in case you had any plan on expansions, as a single player mode has some other requirements than multiplayer one and you can feel something is missing while playing this mission solo (or maybe it's just me):

1. Medics.

I know your men are just cannon fodder, but's a multiplayer approach to the thing. An SP player wants to care for his team. A part from blowing stuff to pieces and killing npcs, this kind of game can provide the satisfaction of having men in your team that survived multiple missions. Why not drop a medic among the reinforcements?

2. Evacuation.

Again, flag capturing, respawning etc. Only single player can create an immersion that you're really there, and multiplayer tricks like teletransporting magically from point A to point B destroys all immersion that this mission is easily able to create otherwise. After all you did an outstanding job already in this direction by filling your airbase with believable traffic.

Would it be feasible to implement a "Call an evac chopper" like the one that has been used in the Evolution SP? Its A point would always be your position and B point would always be a fixed position on the airbase.

One last thing, but's kind of nitpicking from my part though, I noticed the enemy forces have no aircraft aside from the MI8 choppers and strangely SUs bombers are allies. You already have Apaches, F35 AND A-10, so why not make SUs the enemy aircraft? It would provide additional challenge! ;) As it is your air forces are simply to strong and in the end it's just a matter of shooting NPCs as fast as you can in order to win.

Anyway, just my 2 cents...

Thanks again!

Edited by Koranis

Hi Koranis,

Domination is purely designed for MP, I have only edited it to make it more playable/doable playing it as a single player mission.

The added friendly AI mimics the friendly firepower you would normally have playing Domi with other players.

I understand where you coming from, but there is no way you will be able to keep your AI men alive during all the ao's you have to capture, even when I add medics.

So thats why I made the friendly AI team units disposable and made it possible to spawn new units on the go. However, some of the unit spawns can contain a medic. The spawns are random, if your lucky it contains a medic in the team :) When I work on it some more I will add a med evac system or add a mash to the action menu.

If you like a more realistic approach that has kind of a Domination feel to it then check out some of my other mission such as:

Call to Glory - Reloaded and Eagle's Glory

I have updated the mission and added some new stuff. The DL link is in the opening post.

Update notes (v.1.25):

- You now have the ability to spawn at your location a:

* MASH

* TOW

* M119

* M2

* Small Bunker

* Sandbag wall

* ATV

* Trench

* Smoke

* Ordinance box

- You can now also play dance animations and chill animations (for the fun of it).

To compensate for the extra firepower that you can (unlimited) use I have reduced the amount of Friendly airforce patrols.

Hi Bootsy,

Thanks for making this, it's a great mission.

A couple of things.

1). I waited at the convoy endpoint on a side mission and the convoy never arrived but I failed the mission. Not sure whats cracking off there?

2). What are your thoughts on making the "Open Chute" action a litle higher priority? Now there are so may action and "open Chute" is down near the bottom somewhere. When parajumping I can't think of anything more important : P

No problems aside from those few things. Thanks for resolving the ability to savegame also. This wasn't available for me in v1.24 which made you start again everytime you died.

Thanks bud, and keep up the good work.

Just one question, how do I respawn? I have been playing it for the past hour and then I die, but I see no option to respawn.

Just one question, how do I respawn? I have been playing it for the past hour and then I die, but I see no option to respawn.

Funny you should mention that. I was playing it the other day and i was wondering the same thing. I couldn't even quit the game. :confused:

Hiya Bootsy, i deleted the mission from my install the other day and now when i try to go and open a new mission in multiplayer the game ctd's and gives me this error..

Include file MPMissions\SP Domination! B00TSY edit (1.23).Takistan\x_setup.sqf not found

I uninstalled my arma 2 and OA install but still get the same error and can no longer get into the multiplayer side of my game? Any ideas ?

Hi Bootsy,

Thanks for making this, it's a great mission.

A couple of things.

1). I waited at the convoy endpoint on a side mission and the convoy never arrived but I failed the mission. Not sure whats cracking off there?

2). What are your thoughts on making the "Open Chute" action a litle higher priority? Now there are so may action and "open Chute" is down near the bottom somewhere. When parajumping I can't think of anything more important : P

No problems aside from those few things. Thanks for resolving the ability to savegame also. This wasn't available for me in v1.24 which made you start again everytime you died.

Thanks bud, and keep up the good work.

Heya, The side mission is a part of the original coding. That mission is know to have issues on occasion, happens on a dedicated server too.

Yeah the extra action options needs you to scroll down for the 'open shute', just set the mission with parajump height to 1000 or higher. You have plenty of time to scroll down then. You can even drop a few smoke shells before you open your shute :)

---------- Post added at 11:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 PM ----------

Hi the mission is intended to be played in MP mode as always, otherwise the respawn wont work. Place the .pbo in your MP folder.

---------- Post added at 11:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 PM ----------

Funny you should mention that. I was playing it the other day and i was wondering the same thing. I couldn't even quit the game. :confused:

Yup you need to play it in MP mode. Maybe I didn't pick the title of this mission well as it leads to confusion I see. It is a MP edit to be made playable/doable as a single player in normal MP mode. So you still need it to play it as an MP mission.

---------- Post added at 11:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 PM ----------

Hiya Bootsy, i deleted the mission from my install the other day and now when i try to go and open a new mission in multiplayer the game ctd's and gives me this error..

Include file MPMissions\SP Domination! B00TSY edit (1.23).Takistan\x_setup.sqf not found

I uninstalled my arma 2 and OA install but still get the same error and can no longer get into the multiplayer side of my game? Any ideas ?

Might be a cache thing, not sure.

Delete the pbo's from your MPcache folder and see if that fixes it.

For me it is located here: C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\ArmA 2 OA\MPMissionsCache

I dont appear to have an AppData folder? I have Windows 7 if that makes a difference?

---------- Post added at 09:49 ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 ----------

found the folder but no pbo's in there...bugger

---------- Post added at 10:01 ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 ----------

Well this is stressful... I hope someone on here has had this problem otherwise starting multiplayer mission is now impossible?

---------- Post added at 10:03 ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 ----------

Bootsy do you have a link to the version 1.23 of your mission maybe if i can put that back in it will sort itself out? I tried it with your latest 1.25 but still wants the 1.23 version

The setup.sqf is the default Domination setup script that is in every domination version, so not a clue why it is giving problems for you. The 1.25 version has the same setup script as the 1.23 version. I'll try to upload 1.23 laters to day.

Would it be possible for the SP Unit to be an engineer or to at least be given the same commands? Also for some reason I end up having the mash tow etc. doubling or tripling in the action menu which can make simple things like switching to my pistol time consuming. If nothing else could you set the buildables to a low priority so that default actions and the status menus come first? And how would I be able to get rid of my units so that I can spawn some that are the type I want? Thanks for everything!

I have a big problem with the map. I cant build Buildings. I Can place them in Construction Mode but the dont appear in game. :butbut:

Hi Bootsy,

The mission is awesome...i've done some work of my own to make it fit my prefrences.

I am getting some lagg on my system after about 3 or 4 towns have been cleared.

I think it might be the amount of deployables im puttin out.

If been trying to script a timer to delete these items, but not much luck....really buggy.

Can you help with that?

i call my friend troops but when arrive are injured......

There is nothing to port over as it is Xeno's mission. I just added some stuff on top of his mission to make it playable on your own. I actually prefer/hope that Xeno himself will create single player version of domination!

There is nothing to port over as it is Xeno's mission. I just added some stuff on top of his mission to make it playable on your own. I actually prefer/hope that Xeno himself will create single player version of domination!

I have always wished Xeno would have made all versions of it for SP that would have been really great.

I just tried this out and I must say it's really nice to finally be able to play domi alone without all the kiddie cheats spoiling my game.

I hope you decide to add co40 DomiA2! West or TNTversion someday!

thank you for sharing it with us. :)