Sign in to follow this  
b00tsy

Domination for Single Player

elbqiv.jpg

Description:

This a personal version of Domination edited for Single Player that I have been playing for some time now, thought it might be nice to share it with the community :)

It is an edit of the Domi version 2_57. Everything is the same as you would expect, with the addition that this version also has friendly AI that will help you capture the AO's. It has friendly airforce patrolling over the entire map that will automatically assist you at the active AO's. It also contains the support module that enables you to call in friendly units (paradrop), ammo drops, unlimited mortar and artillery support and airstrikes.

The airbase has been made more dynamic with AI units protecting and patrolling the airbase and a lot of extra armor, vehicles, planes and choppers and the airbase has been decorated more. Some of the towns also have some extra sounds and environment effects.

If you play with the domination settings and remove the opfor armor from ao's it is quite balanced and doable in combination with the friendly AI. Depending on the ao route setting the airforce can be a bit of an overkill at the first 2 ao's, but that will also balance out along the way.

Features:

- custom ammo boxes

- save gear loadout

- bandages

- extra vehicles (with respawn) (extra vehicles does not contain airlift script)

- dynamic airbase

- Friendly AI air patrols

- airbase decorations

- support module (press 0, 8)

- extra sounds

Installation:

Extract the .pbo file(s) to your ArmA_OA\MPmissions folder.

Notes:

After you have requested extra units the units can be ordered into armor and choppers etcetera, they don't have to function as normal infantry. The mission needs to be played in Multi-player mode as always.

Update notes (v.1.25):

- You now have the ability to spawn at your location a:

* MASH

* TOW

* M119

* M2

* Small Bunker

* Sandbag wall

* ATV

* Trench

* Smoke

* Ordinance box

- You can now also play dance animations and chill animations (for the fun of it).

- Auto-saves and manual saving

To compensate for the extra firepower that you can (unlimited) use I have reduced the amount of Friendly airforce patrols.

Armaholic mirror:

- Domination for Single Player v1.25

Edited by B00tsy
updated dl link

Looks interesting - how is the FPS once things get going? Usually it would be the server taking the load.

Ya I made it cos it gets on my nervs sometimes when 14 year olds tell me not to fly a chopper without TS (while someone on TS flying a chopper in a hot ao) and the usual team killers etcetera, so I thought F* it, I make an SP version which is just as fun:)

I don't notice any lag, but my fps is always pretty low so not sure if it is noticeable on high-end PC's. Should be okay, it's not that much extra AI.

Splendid, thank you.

For reasons I wont go into, i am unable to use a mic, so at last I can fly in a domination unhindered!

Ta muchly.

Rgds

LoK

(p.s. before i'm flamed, I *do* understand why pilots need TS/Voice comms :)

Yw :)

For what ever reason, it always nice to be able to play it as an SP version. I like MP too, but it can be nice to be in full control in Domi and do what you please to do without having to be on TS or in a clan.

The mission still needs some tweaking. After a few hours there is not much airforce left, so I maybe add an extra spawn.

haven't tried it as yet but is this really all that different from playing the regular AI version in a private LAN server alone? That's what I generally do when I want a solo domi experience...

Well the thanks go to Xeno of course! I just slapped some extra stuff on it :)

---------- Post added at 04:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:50 PM ----------

When you play the normal MP version as SP, you wont have unlimited friendly AI that you can spawn and that is under your command. The support module makes it much more balanced + that I have added airforce units that will attack the ao's for the first few hours and take out the vehicles and D30's etcetera.. I have also added a lot of vehicles so that you have everything right at the start.. I find the default MP version no fun as SP, there is just way to much opfor for a single player to handle, takes like an hour then to clear an ao un less you arti spam.

Pjayed for a bit today and found it very enjoyable - you were right about the airforce - the first few missions they went in hard and strong (or should I say with shock and awe?) and didn't leave me much to do!

I like the fact that as it is SP, you can slap any amount of mods on without fearing the wrath of a restricted server! It was cool to play Domi with some replacement units.

Am I right in thinking that you can't save? It was a few hours ago now and I can't remember! Would be good if you could though - would sort of make it consistant with a persistant MP environment.

I have a bit of an interesting glitch on this mission. Bullets are impacting as soon as they leave they barrel of ANY weapon (if that makes any sense).

First time I've had this glitch, the only other mods I have are JSRS, Blastcore and CBA.

Now i can waste more hours of life on arma 2 love bootsy love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But one thing can you add stuff to buy like units make an ace version and have the respawn list like in multiplayer version and have more ground units in ao like tanks and foot regulars and can we choice what faction blufor fights and what blufor military will be at base

Pjayed for a bit today and found it very enjoyable - you were right about the airforce - the first few missions they went in hard and strong (or should I say with shock and awe?) and didn't leave me much to do!

I like the fact that as it is SP, you can slap any amount of mods on without fearing the wrath of a restricted server! It was cool to play Domi with some replacement units.

Am I right in thinking that you can't save? It was a few hours ago now and I can't remember! Would be good if you could though - would sort of make it consistant with a persistant MP environment.

Yes you can ! I have a domination edit like this with team switch and save function working in the mission.

You the player have full control of 84 playable and switchable units. They are broking down into 21 groups with 4 units in each group ie infantry, armor, support, air and command platoons.

The group leader has the ability to recruit additional 24 AI units into the group however if the original 4 switchable units are killed then that whole platoon is lost for the rest of the game.

You have the ability to load up items into containers to build multiple FOB any where on the map as well as relocate when needed. The mission makes use of many other scripts from the community.

The mission plays like a gaint RTS all in first person view in the arma world. You can play alone ordering multiple platoons into combat or switch into any unit on the map. You can play with some friends. The best thing is you can save your progress during the mission.

Glad ya like it mate :) Yeah the airforce is a bit uncontrolled and spammy in the beginning, I am trying to make that better and more balanced now. I have some extra mods on it too and it looks quite spectacular with the attacking jets and stuff haha.

I haven't addded savepoints to the mission no, thanks for the tip! I will add some auto-saves to it with a timed interval :)

---------- Post added at 07:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 PM ----------

I have a bit of an interesting glitch on this mission. Bullets are impacting as soon as they leave they barrel of ANY weapon (if that makes any sense).

First time I've had this glitch, the only other mods I have are JSRS, Blastcore and CBA.

If you shoot on the base at the ammo crates location there is an invisible wall that will block your bullets indeed, thats build in to Domi by default. Everywhere else you can shoot freely.

---------- Post added at 08:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 PM ----------

Now i can waste more hours of life on arma 2 love bootsy love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But one thing can you add stuff to buy like units make an ace version and have the respawn list like in multiplayer version and have more ground units in ao like tanks and foot regulars and can we choice what faction blufor fights and what blufor military will be at base

Thanks! I don't use ace so not sure how that looks like. Yes I can add ground units, but it will be a more extra AI in combi with the airforce and the default opfor AI, Don't want to make it to laggy. You can of course already order your spawned AI team into the armor at the base. With the support module you can spawn up to 10 units so about 3 tanks.

Looks interesting, will try it now...

HAZ

---------- Post added at 10:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 PM ----------

It is good, a little lag at start but it clears up after. Could you add some tanks for the next version pls ? Maybe a M1A2 TUSK, FV-22 Warrior (Desert) and a Bradley. Future plans: Might be or seem impossible but could be done with alot of spare time, a save feature.

HAZ

It is good, a little lag at start but it clears up after. Could you add some tanks for the next version pls ? Maybe a M1A2 TUSK, FV-22 Warrior (Desert) and a Bradley. Future plans: Might be or seem impossible but could be done with alot of spare time, a save feature.

HAZ

Yup, I have added some armor that will assist at the AO's and balanced the airforce a bit more, should be less overwhelming in the beginning now.

I tried to add a save feature, but that seems to be harder then I thought. Maybe with the next update :)

The new version download can be found in the opening post.

---------- Post added at 12:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 PM ----------

Yw MJK :)

---------- Post added at 07:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 PM ----------

[/color]

If you shoot on the base at the ammo crates location there is an invisible wall that will block your bullets indeed, that's build in to Domi by default. Everywhere else you can shoot freely.

Now I feel stupid :rolleyes: cheers for the quick reply. I'm loving the mission so far but maybe a way to switch units or respawn when you die? I spent a good 2 hours having fun only to be killed by my own Arty Strike (stupid I know)

Okay, its time for a noob question.

How do you recruit AI to your squad in this mission in the base ?

Ta

Pete.

Okay, its time for a noob question.

How do you recruit AI to your squad in this mission in the base ?

Ta

Pete.

If you press '0, 8' it will open the options of the support module. You can then request paradrop units up to 10 units per spawn.

---------- Post added at 11:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 AM ----------

Now I feel stupid cheers for the quick reply. I'm loving the mission so far but maybe a way to switch units or respawn when you die? I spent a good 2 hours having fun only to be killed by my own Arty Strike (stupid I know)

No probs :) I might make an east side version too as people seem to like this version :) With the units of a support module you can not switch, but they are fully in your control. You can change their gear etcetera as always (select unit, press 6, select gear while pointing at ammobox), order them into vehicles, heal them at a mash, and so on.

Hey if you can't get the save function to work I will show you how it is very simple. I am at work just pm me if you want me to send the codeline you need to add to your mission. I made a domination edit like this with some other stuff added. Xeno said today he will not be making any new versions 2.61 released today is the last update how sad. Avibird

I remember playing this MP and how easy it was to get on a team.

I was wondering, it being SP, how can I get some AI guys to join my team. I'm not the Rambo type dude.

Thanks!

KK

@AVI, I though I quickly slap some autosave triggers on the map, but the original code overrides it. I didn't want to mess with Xeno's coding to much.

---------- Post added at 09:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 AM ----------

I remember playing this MP and how easy it was to get on a team.

I was wondering, it being SP, how can I get some AI guys to join my team. I'm not the Rambo type dude.

Thanks!

KK

A few posts back is the answer :)

B00tsy;2142454]@AVI, I though I quickly slap some autosave triggers on the map, but the original code overrides it. I didn't want to mess with Xeno's coding to much.

Hey B00tsy you don't mess with his code to save your progress just add this code line to the mission init sqf

//enableSaving [false,false];

enableSaving [true,true];

If you want to have the ability to team switch then add this

//enableTeamSwitch false;

enableTeamSwitch true;

For team switch to work you aslo need to add this to the the description ext

onLoadMission=__D_VER_NAME__;

onLoadIntroTime=false;

onLoadMissionTime=false;

//disabledAI=1;

//respawn="BASE";

//respawndelay = __D_RESPAWN_DELAY__;

disabledAI=0;

respawn= 5;

respawndelay = 0;

respawnDialog = 5;

If you do not have the playable units grouped in the editor then all the units will be a squad leader!

What is the version you are using for yoy edit?

What is the FPS rate you are getting when playing your mission?

Hey AVI, Totally forgot to check the intit for that, so thats changed now. Teamswitch isn't possible cos it is a single unit version. The friendly team units comes from the support module. I personally don't need team switch as the friendly AI are disposable and non respawning units. When they die you just paradrop a new group at your location :)