Sign in to follow this  
jerryhopper

the Dirty Dozen - 12 Community questions fired @ BIS

Which is...?
It's ok Maionaze!

- RADIO MESSAGE INTERCEPTED!

We have intercepted a radio-signal coming from around the Agean seas.

Curious ? Goto http://limnosradio.com/en/home/ Turn on that old radio, and click the 2nd button from the left....

got it?

got it?

I read that and I tried the second button. Didn't work. Got it?

Anyway, I managed to listen to the recording after some persistence.

Now I need to think of a good question...

Just one? You are feeling really lucky. Shoot more of them and hope that some are going to be chosen :icon_twisted:

Damn pettka, it´s not easy to find the perfect question :D

Damn pettka, it´s not easy to find the perfect question :D

C'mon! You all have quite an unique opportunity to ask anything You like nearly anyone in the team, even people directly in the warzone :icon_twisted:

I can't hear properly at this present time so I'm afraid to make a speech recording incase I make an error, but if I could ask just one question it would be - will the alpha trial be available to everyone. I hope someone asks this question. :)

i have lot of question but in french ahah so i think for a podcast hear my "stupid french accent" (monty python voice) gonna be really funny for everyone but not for me ...

Get someone to ask the question for you haha.

i have lot of question but in french ahah so i think for a podcast hear my "stupid french accent" (monty python voice) gonna be really funny for everyone but not for me ...

And why would that be a problem? did you ever heard my English with crappy Dutch Accent?

But indeed, you could ask people in the community to ask the question for you.

If you write down your question in this thread,( im sure someone who do want/dares to call us ) will pick up your question.

that's was just a joke i don't care about my accent but sure i'm more confortable if someone can ask with a good english .

1-so my first question is about a feature i saw somewhere they try to implement the climbing feature (with a rope or something like that) have we any news about that ?

2-about tanks now , do you think it's possible to have real 3D cockpit with the screen working (RTT) like in the M-ATV ? second question about vehicle , can we have an interactable cockpit like TOH ? (Take on)

3-can we have some chopper exctraction with rope (or ladder like in ofp with the bas mod) with the new physX ?

4-do you still work on shooting from vehicle or this feature is abandoned ?

5-can you speak about the integration of the flight profile of TOH in arma 3 ? (solo , multi or both ?)

6-now about the editor , do you change something on the editor ? (more possibility ? integration of some tools for the scripters or integration of 3D editor ?)

So i think i have finish now and i hope i have some good question for your radio ;)

Edited by M1n1d0u

I'm worried about how Arma 3 is going to get dumbed down just to increase sales and fans..

I have a couple of questions.

1. Will there be regenerating health? If so, I won't even look at this game.

2. Will the steering system for land vehicles be improved?

3. Will the "Scroll -> Left click" to interact with everything still be there? If this is the one thing you mean by "removing things to make it easier for other FPS fans" I'll be happy.

4. "You can change gear to better combat awareness", does that mean something like.. the ability to see every enemy 100m away from you? I really hope not.

And how Arma 3 will have less units, weapons and all that.. Ouch. Oh well.. Another great series dumbed down and ruined itself because of greed. Thanks for the childhood memories, Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis.

How exactly are you improving Close Quarters Battle?

Ask a question so general, expect multiple answers. $$$ profit. :yay:

I'm worried about how Arma 3 is going to get dumbed down just to increase sales and fans.
Will there be regenerating health? If so, I won't even look at this game.
Ouch. Oh well.. Another great series dumbed down and ruined itself because of greed.

EZHwmh-qmU8&feature=related

1. Will there be regenerating health? If so, I won't even look at this game.

Yes there will be :cool: Edited by PurePassion

Why even take the time to ask questions and bluntly state that you've lost any hope in the project before it even got a chance to really show itself? Yeah its getting dumbed down..disregard the physics, take on helicopters flight model which is at LEAST three times more tricky than Arma 2's default.

Disregard the addition of underwater environments and combat, disregard not only TKOH's clouds being added but STILL improved upon, disregard the new island pushing terrain even FURTHER along with view distance, disregard the addition of render to texture which will enhance vehicles greatly (and I'm sure the community will jump on scopes for this if they aren't included).

Disregard any work being put in to include new sounds, new shading system, new animations, reworked animation system..actually why don't you just say it's exactly the same game with less units repackaged and being sold?

The low unit count might not be a bad thing as it could give them more time to focus on fleshing them out better, meaning better physics, weapon systems even and who knows, we may get lucky enough to see a tank interior but lets not get our hopes too high.

That was the best 'hot line' video I've seen..what? Not hot line?...says you. At any rate I'm surprised to see the devs backing this up so much...hmmm...so many questions...

Edited by NodUnit

Is the air-ing of the questions going to be before or after E3 ?

Is the air-ing of the questions going to be before or after E3 ?

Good question! let me discuss this with the BIS lead. i'll get back at this.

I would say after is better, also because we will have more time to prepare the answers.

Best regards,

Ivan

So the show wil be aired AFTER e3

Edited by jerryhopper

And how Arma 3 will have less units, weapons and all that.. Ouch.

Really? Where are you getting this info from? It's my understanding that ArmA3 has more than half the vehicles that OFP had so far with the game still 6 months or more away from release. Not to mention vehicles will have 'Modular Turrets' which will -for example- essentially make one model of IFV capable of being an IFV (M2), IFV (GL/Mk19), IFV (TOW) etc.. In terms of weapons/gear confirmed so far, ArmA3 already outnumbers what was available in OFP in total including combat vests, helmets etc. which are also all modular making one unit into basically as many as you can customize a different combination of kit for. This should be blatantly clear just by reading the "Confirmed Features" sticky...:confused:

How exactly are you improving Close Quarters Battle?

Ask a question so general, expect multiple answers. $$$ profit. :yay:

Good tactic, I think someone should ask "So (BIS Dev) can you tell us what are all the things?":D

(video)

Great video!

And how about that crazy Rocket :cool:

Public Announcement :

Is there any-1 that would like to 'replace' me for 1 or 2 shows?

I just got the word that i have to be in the hospital around june/july.

pm or mail me.

Well that sucks all the best with that, I have no idea! Maybe Rocket?

It should be some other dutch person, like Sickboy! Dutch people have such awesome accents. I could listen to them talk all day. :D