Sign in to follow this  
mattchicago

What would be Good for Arma2oa.cfg for This System?

so i been having some lag and a couple red chain disconnections keeps giving the ./server a segmentation fault error every few hours. What would be the best settings for this type of system for the arma2oa.cfg file for maxmsgsends, maxbandwidth, minbandwidth and other settings.

Linux Centos Dedicated Server

100Mb card

12 terribytes of bandwidth

dual core

4 gigs processor

currently i was calculating like 512 or 256 x number of clients for the bandwidth settings but i am not sure about what the rest of the settings should be to optimize the system.

LOL i wish :P , no i own a couple music site so need a lot of bandwidth for streaming audio and video files from the site.

So you have an upload of 12TB = 1200MB/s, this would require a little more then a quadcore to make it run :)

so there is no way i can limit the bandwidth in the arma2oa.cfg file for it to balance itself out without people getting a red chain on the system i would like it to be over say 80 people on the server and i have a dual core, 4 gigs of memory and that bandwidth stuff so how could i make it work in the arma2oa.cfg file to reduce or limit everything but keep the same "user" count without having to tell the host to install a quad core in the server box.

You have a "reverse" problem :) Your NIC isn't able to max out your available BW, if I read your specs correct. Try min/max values around 70-90 Mb, since you have 100Mb NIC.

There is still a question about your CPU, I guess that's the current limit for your system (type/speed). AA2 seems to like high speed better than multiple cores. You might even need to lower your BW limit down to 50 if it's a "slow" CPU.

That said, red chains can also origin in complex or buggy missions, so there is no way to tell for sure. My best suggestion is a config fitting your HW, not your all your available bandwidth. Quite opposite of what some of us struggle with :)

yes but what would that 70-90MB round out to be? as in minbandwidth= and maxbandwidth= i am not very good with the calculations so to speak. currently i have this in my arma2oa.cfg file but it runs good for a bit and i have the almighty red chain.

language="English";

adapter=-1;

3D_Performance=1;

Resolution_Bpp=32;

MaxMsgSend=192;

MaxSizeGuaranteed=512;

MaxSizeNonguaranteed=128;

MinBandwidth=1024000;

MaxBandwidth=8192000;

MinErrorToSend=0.001;

MaxCustomFileSize=0;

Windowed=0;