Sign in to follow this  
f2f_bho

EA6B Prowler Mod

I am embarking on a new aircraft mod, The EA6B, which i hope will find a home and place in Arma2/OA, some Early Screens:

th_Detail_Ea6b3.jpg

th_Detail_Ea6b2.jpg

th_Detail_Ea6b.jpg

th_Detail_Ea6b5.jpg

i can just picture this being used online

the pilot and co-pilot/gunner being all serious engaging targets...and the 2 in the back making funny noises and being childish :D

Really happy to see this one moving foward. I was really excited about it in the old discussion thread (the combat logistics one).

Can't wait for it :D

Just curious why a Electronic jamming version? Do you have anything in mind for "jamming" uses. Nice job, keep it up.

While an F/A-18G "Growler" would be a "logical" use in today's day and age, I don't fault you for wanting to make a "queer". For those of you that dont know, the EA-6 A/B was called "the queer" due to the gold in its cockpit. Are your thoughts to make an ADCAP EA-6B? I don't know what kind of scripting would be required, but it would be nice for the EA-6B to actually be able to disable vehicle radars (or even interfere with ACRE / BIS VON). HARM's would also be nice against SAM sites as well. Or at least a SAM site with radar.

Good luck on your project!

Looks gorgeous mate.. Love this plane look forward to its completion...Good luck!

While an F/A-18G "Growler" would be a "logical" use in today's day and age, I don't fault you for wanting to make a "queer". For those of you that dont know, the EA-6 A/B was called "the queer" due to the gold in its cockpit. Are your thoughts to make an ADCAP EA-6B? I don't know what kind of scripting would be required, but it would be nice for the EA-6B to actually be able to disable vehicle radars (or even interfere with ACRE / BIS VON). HARM's would also be nice against SAM sites as well. Or at least a SAM site with radar.

Good luck on your project!

This has been seriously talked about and we don't think its to far fetched to become a reality..

---------- Post added at 08:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 PM ----------

also i figured one of the mods who made one of the F-18 mods would jump on the growler as they are the same airframe as the E/F,with the exception of the rear seat... and thus would be an easy transition to a G

I know its early in development but are you going to do a "Bomber" version. Or are you going to load bombs onto the Prowler to make it do both roles. keep up the good work.

Looks awesome mate, can't wait to fly in formation with it next to my tomcat!

Edited by VectorX96

Who dare disgraces the prowler thread with the name of this growler. The whorenit will never fill the empty place in my soul. Only reserved for the Prowler.

@derdoe

The A-6 was retired in 1996 I believe. The Hornet effectively replaced it (and the A-7 as well). The EA-6 is still in service to my knowledge.

Just wondering what squadron "livery" you would be doing? Could I suggest VAQ-142 "gray wolves" since that is the squadron attached to the Nimitz air wing, and I would assume many users would use this addon in conjunction with JDogs Nimitz. But it's up to you of course since it is your addon...just a friendly suggestion

http://www.usmilitaryart.com/EA6B_VAQ142_18717-300.jpg

http://www.markstyling.com/EA-6-B_JPEGs/ea.cu_32.jpg

Edited by islesfan186

well i usually like to pick the most difficult livery texture i can find, lol Bad Habit from FSX Days.....

@derdoe

The A-6 was retired in 1996 I believe. The Hornet effectively replaced it (and the A-7 as well). The EA-6 is still in service to my knowledge.

Well still it would be nice if BHO would consider making the A-6, from my point of view it seems to be not too much of a work and maybe BHO may consider it.

You are right, not far fetched, didn't mean to imply that. There have been multiple case where military platforms have been brought back from the brink due to their special capabilities.

Who dare disgraces the prowler thread with the name of this growler. The whorenit will never fill the empty place in my soul. Only reserved for the Prowler.

How about the newer name "Grizzly" :)

Still, a good looking Prowler, can't wait!

I hope you accurately recreate the sound of these at low throttle... It sounds like the sky being ripped open, haha. Get these coming in at least a few times a month where I live from the NAS base up north to the AF base outside my town and I am very close to their glide path. Shake, rattle, and roll (car alarms seriously have gone off sometimes).

I know its not navy, but a Sparkvark would be nice too, if only because of the name (not a fan of the Growler). :p

Well still it would be nice if BHO would consider making the A-6, from my point of view it seems to be not too much of a work and maybe BHO may consider it.

If you're that "desperate" for an A-6 Intruder check the VTE mod, it has one.

just curious if you plan on making the wings able to fold, or have a pre-folded model (a la yurapetrovs SH-60B) for carrier ops?