Sign in to follow this  
mugaben

Favslev 2.0

Ive been keeping this little project quiet for some time now until I was 100% sure it would make it.

I didnt want to dissapoint all of you guys like I did with my Grazny and Favslev Projects.

Info:

-10x10km map from one of Denmarks biggest military tank and infantry training areas. Merged with Skrydstrup Fighterwing's airport.

-Terrain heightmap is mostly custom where sattelite is mostly real. In large scale, very flat... In small scale, alot of small dents, bumbs and holes.

-Required Addons: mbg_buildings 3 and mbg_killhouse

-Giant 'real size' military airport. Allmost 4 km long main runway.

-Focused on gameplay - As an example, grass is no higher than you can look over it when lying down. This is mainly because AI sees right through grass clutter, so he can lie down and see you, where you cant see him. We dont want that. Also, ground is so tough to drive on with wheeled vehicles, that roads are now really usefull. Driving offroad is slow!

Rough progress:

TEXTURES = 60%

ARTIFICIAL OBJECTS = 65%

NATURAL OBJECTS = 75%

ROADS = 75%

TERRAIN = 95%

Map is official in "alpha stage", but I am getting close to what I would call Beta. A few beta versions and some more testing and I think its ready for the community for a public beta release. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyuHh6IE_yU

... Did I forget to mention that theres currently around 130 km of road network?

Edited by MugAben

It's looking really nice and convincing. Keep up the good work!

Looks great! Remembers me of some Danish shooting footage on Youtube, so I guess it's really on the right direction.

Good to see you back in action with this one MugAben!

I think I might have missed your "Grazny" project entirely, but I remember you working on the "first" Favslev and it was looking really promising, so it's great to see it back and being developed further!

Good luck with this!

B

Thanks :-) Bushlurker, without your constant help in the visitor section I wouldnt have made it this far.

So, Im niffing around at the airport right now. Getting the lighting done where it is in the real world.

This section is one of four. Theres one of these huge sites at each end of the airport, on each side.

Real stuff.

In game:

- Day

- Black Night

- Bright Night

- Parachuting right on top

(sattelite is a bit ugly, this is not the finished result, especially trees will be smushed out and shadows will be completely non existing on the sat.)

Edited by MugAben

So.. Progress is coming along slow and steady.

Here is some nice in game photos for you to look at, taken by my teammate Dinger!

-How not to park in a GD240 scout car..

-German armed forces.. Perfect vehicles

-A track in tank training grounds (Holsterbro)

-Real size NATO standart airport (Skrydstrup fighterwing)

(GAF Demo provides the beautiful vehicles in these photos)

Edited by MugAben

This is looking very nice indeed. Good luck with it and I will look forward to driving around it when your ready to release.

As a dane, im really looking forward for this map :-)

WHy is there marijuana plant at 30sec?

what sort of question is that?

@MugAben: looks proper

it's that sort of question from someone who already knows what is talking about ;)

Thanks guys..

WHy is there marijuana plant at 30sec?

Just couldnt resist using it when its there. :D And you can actually be "lucky" and find a guerillagrow in Danish forests so why not. There is very little of it, and there is a very little chance of you finding it in the woods on this map. :)

Just couldnt resist using it when its there. :D And you can actually be "lucky" and find a guerillagrow in Danish forests so why not. There is very little of it, and there is a very little chance of you finding it in the woods on this map. :)

Just busting your balls hehe. Map looks good. Europian maps is a nice change from desert. Looking forward to it.