Sign in to follow this  
WingsOfDeath

Sonic Booms help

Hello guys is there a script/is it possible to script breaking the sound barrier? i.e in a jet? I have seen some of the addons made for arma witch include this feature but it seems to just make a "bang" sound to everyone on the server no matter were you are as soon as the jet gets over a certain speed.

so can we do it? and can we do it realistically ?

The reason i ask is because i want to use the feature with the addon im making. With ACE you get the visual effects but no sound.

p.s Please delete my thread in the Arma editing section as it was ment to be here.

Just knocked up a quick little demo for you using say3D. I don't know how to make the sound very loud. Arma 2 sound stuff gives me the shits. After all these years I still don't understand the relationship between different sound volume levels! It makes no sense at all to me.

HMMVW breaks sound barrier. Demo here

Look in the vehicles init to see how it's called.

Another thing to note is that Bass is non-directional..... so it may still sound like it's all around. The volume should be lower if it's further away though.

also afaik helicopters have this new cone sound which makes the sound of overflying helicopters sound stronger

so attaching it to/new object with that type of sound for the boom

also afaik helicopters have this new cone sound which makes the sound of overflying helicopters sound stronger

so attaching it to/new object with that type of sound for the boom

Hi Dwarden... This is great but can you give a little more info please? Is there anywhere we can read about this?

hello there... i would greatly appriciate it if somebody could tell me where to put the sounds file, description.ext, misson.sqm and monitor.sqf .

i would really like to test it out!!!

love -sam