Sign in to follow this  
DnA

Take On Helicopters Beta Patch 91893

Beta patch rev. 91893 released (1.05 required!)

Changelog:

Fix attempt for disappearing cockpits (https://dev-heaven.net/issues/29012)

Registry-driven mods: value PATH_FORMAT can be used to expand %DATA% or %MAIN% key values using PATH key

This beta patch only targets the disappearing cockpit issue, so no other areas / data are different since the previous version. The issue has been fixed on our in-house hardware, but we'd like to know if that applies to you as well.

Beta patch rev. 91893 released (1.05 required!)

Changelog:

Fix attempt for disappearing cockpits (https://dev-heaven.net/issues/29012)

Registry-driven mods: value PATH_FORMAT can be used to expand %DATA% or %MAIN% key values using PATH key

This beta patch only targets the disappearing cockpit issue, so no other areas / data are different since the previous version. The issue has been fixed on our in-house hardware, but we'd like to know if that applies to you as well.

awesome! will test and let you know.

edit - the cockpit stays solid. no more dissapearing. confirmed for me.

Edited by twisted

Been testing this for a couple of hours, switching back and forth between beta and 'vanilla'. The vanishing cockpit happens on a regular basis in vanilla, but so far the beta has been OK - I thought I might have seen it flash a couple of times, but it was so quick I can't be sure! I will test more this evening, but so far, if not fixed, it is certainly a massive improvement.

One other thing - moving between beta and non-beta has made me realise how much better track-IR is working now - nice one!

I didn't see the vanishing cockpit after about 30 min of play.

With beads of sweat on my brow, I managed to pinnacle-land the medium on top of the skyscraper in downtown Seattle, take off, and then land again at the heliport at the nearby hospital (expert, no autohover, kb/mouse). This made my day. I even made a screenshot to celebrate.

42b0c8185756933.jpg

As an expert ToH player, I can safely say that the difficulty of landing the medium without autohover is extreme, and will not make most casual players happy. This high difficulty (compared to 1.05) is mainly due to much increased torque-induced yaw (TIY) at low speeds, which has proven to be the crux of medium heli FM development, I'm sure.

To slow descent on landing, the new (tweaked) FM requires that analog raise collective and left pedal be hit simultaneously to maintain heading (more or less like 1.03). If high TIY must be maintained to make expert controller users happy, what about slowing descent rate at 50% collective and increasing ground effect to cushion landing?

But overall, I think the tweaked medium FM is an adequate compromise in terms of TIY, the intensity of which has been the topic of much heated argument in these forums. That said, I think the 1.05 FM is the way to go for the broadest acceptance of the medium FM beyond that of hardcore SIM players with $$$$ gold-plated controllers. ;)

Edited by OMAC

Regarding the vamishing cockpit, this is still happening. A lot less than it used to though. When it does happen, it tends to happen two or three times in rapid succession (not always, but often). I tested tonight using a Hind.

Regarding the vamishing cockpit, this is still happening. A lot less than it used to though. When it does happen, it tends to happen two or three times in rapid succession (not always, but often). I tested tonight using a Hind.

Yeah, I still get this as well unfortunately.

on furter testing i can confirm. happens if gunner at night in superhind at night on takistan and freelook right..

I confirm too, It happens for me, less than before beta patch, but it happens !

Thanks for the beta patch Rearmed, it's very cool to fly over arma2 islands :yay:

I still have not definitively seen the problem... Still testing.....

----------------------------------

Oh, for heaven's sake! Ooops........

45ce81186034020.jpg

Hello Rearmed, hello Khe Sahn.... SMAA's looking good (medium quality)...

4796c2186033998.jpg

Edited by OMAC

I just saw the cockpit flickering repeatedly using this beta, like everyone else. During free flight in S. Asia.

The FTP is not available. Anyone else with the same problem?

Functioning, but still a bit slow.

Nope. I click on the download link, takes 2-3 minutes before the downloading activates (37,2 MB), but it fails either right away or within 50%. The .zip-file is either corrupted or empty at this stage.

Edited by colossus

The FTP is not available. Anyone else with the same problem?

Functioning, but still a bit slow.

Nope. I click on the download link, takes 2-3 minutes before the downloading activates (37,2 MB), but it fails either right away or within 50%. The .zip-file is either corrupted or empty at this stage.

does not work for me. maybe they are uploading new one?