Sign in to follow this  
pathetic_berserker

Mi24-A, Krokodil

BTW I checked and BIS uses a SP of 200 for the hind cockpit so I'll go with that.

The result will vary depending on the blue channel of your RVMAT. The value of a pixel (between 0 and 1 for black and white, respectively) is multiplied by the value of your specular power. So if your specular power is 200, and a pixel has a value of 0.1, the resulting value you see on screen is 20.

And while I'm here does anyone what decides the crosshair for the UPK, I can't find an obvious entry. Is it due to its cannoncore class?

The value for that I believe is in cfgWeapons. I think it's cursoraim =. Here are the values I have for my m197:

cursor = "Vehicle_W_MG";
cursoraim = "\ca\Weapons\Data\clear_empty";
cursorsize = 1;

This is what the yakB has:

cursor = "Air_E_MG";
cursoraim = "Air_Dot";
cursorsize = 1;

Edited by Max Power

Fantastic looking bird, I love it just from the screenshots.

However, reading the legal stuff, I have a question regarding this bird. Really, just a clarification.

The text states that the ship is made for Arma only. I assume this precludes also using it in TOH, merged with Arma?

It would look fantastic on the big maps, so I´m really just asking this in the hope that my understanding of the text is wrong :P

Cheerio, Insta

Fantastic looking bird, I love it just from the screenshots.

However, reading the legal stuff, I have a question regarding this bird. Really, just a clarification.

The text states that the ship is made for Arma only. I assume this precludes also using it in TOH, merged with Arma?

It would look fantastic on the big maps, so I´m really just asking this in the hope that my understanding of the text is wrong :P

Cheerio, Insta

My intention would be that its for the ArmA franchise. Given that TOH seems to exist within the Armaverse I view TOH as a brach of the ArmA franchise and personaly would have no problem with it being used in TOH. What I couldn't say is whether I will have the time to provide any technical support to my addons functionality when used in TOH.

BTW to all, thanks for the replies. The feed back has been excelent. I will chip away at as many of the little requests for change as I can over the coming weeks, so you can expect at least one update. But I won't be able to keep tracking this project much longer, I have some big stuff looming that will divert all of my atttention. If there are any bugs or request that you would like dealt with, please post them soon.

Edited by Pathetic_Berserker

Hi there!

Excellent addon sir! I admit that I didn't read the whole thread, but I noticed that the destroyed model has a tendency to bounce, which looks a bit strange to see this multi ton helo bounce up and down after crashlanding...

One request: could you please make a 'SLA' skin? I think that helo would perfectly suit the North Sahrani army.

Thanks for this awesome piece of aerial history

Oh mate I love the gunner position on this bird it looks fantastic! As does the whole bird in general... One thing I would say is... It feels a lot more nimble and forgiving than the bis hinds but has a weird twich.... If anyone makes any missions or campaigns for this please pm me a link!

i like to thank you very much for this superb model i'm really enjoying playing with it.its very twitchy but thats fine but its hard to believe its that nimble my only wish is that the door opening could be added to the action menu.once again many thanks :cc:

Hi there!

..I noticed that the destroyed model has a tendency to bounce, which looks a bit strange to see this multi ton helo bounce up and down after crashlanding...

One request: could you please make a 'SLA' skin? I think that helo would perfectly suit the North Sahrani army.

Thanks for this awesome piece of aerial history

After crash landing?? havn't experienced that one myself will loook into it.

I had originaly avoided doing CDF and SLA skins because they felt a bit like Russian satelites. The original Hind A was issued only to the Russian and a few East German units with satelite nations either having to wait or refusing the hind till the D and V variants. The Hind A , as an outdated weapon, was then later sold to areas the soviet bloc wanted to influence, Nth Africa, Vietnam, Afganistan, hence the reletively small number of aircraft actually saw a fair bit of action. I was always going to leave it up to the comunity to make the CDF and SLA skins if they wanted them but knowing the difficulties of the UV mapping I now see that its either going to be a case of doing it myself or giving access to the model. Will depend on my time.

Oh and your welcome

..One thing I would say is... It feels a lot more nimble and forgiving than the bis hinds but has a weird twich.... If anyone makes any missions or campaigns for this please pm me a link!

I'm aware the flight model isn't exactly perfect, but it's about the best I could do. Compared to the TOH flight model it seems to be reasonably close, in that its a bit heavy on take off and landing, yet a bit twitchy and unstable at slower speeds, the yaw still feels wrong, but nothing I've tried seems to fix it, atleast not without creating some other effect I find disturbing.

And if anyone makes any missions or campaigns for this pm me as well, or just post a link here for everyone ;)

Some shots of the Hinds in flight near the Karzeghistan-Takistan border.

jwBjAl.jpg

FQczVl.jpg

CcfKZl.jpg

pqiORl.jpg

***The videos below are shot in 3D. They can be viewed in multiple 3D formats which can be accessed using the red 3D icon below the video. 3D can also be turned off if you want to watch it in 2D, however it is highly recommeded for 3D viewing if you have access to 3D glasses(color), 3D TV, or 3D monitor.***

Best watched Full Screen in HD, especially if viewing in 3D

3 part 3D Tour featuring Pathetic_Berserker's Mi-24 A:

Part 1 - Walkthrough

hjICY-IiFVI

Part 2 - Free Flight

5kh0omiCHuA

Part 3 - Combat

xb38qlMSdEE

Instagoat, wika_woo, and dcal, thank you. What an awsome suprise. Particularly liking that last pic there Instagoat, and dcal, what can I say but i cant get enough.

Further more I can tell you that the update is quite close now. I think I have addressed all the feed back I've gotten here. Just polishing a few small model issues. Short of giving a date, if I find the time, it could be days away though I'd say more likely next week or the one after.

Chuffed

P.B.

UPDATE! v_02 is here

hindacdf.jpg

----------

CHANGE LOG

----------

v_01 to v_02

* added "paf_mi24_a_CDFs5", "paf_mi24_a_CDFUPK_23", to core addon

* added "paf_mi24a_early_NVs5", "paf_mi24_a_SLAs5", "paf_mi24_a_SLAFAB250", "paf_mi24_a_SLAUPK_23", to optional skins

* changed displayed naming convention from, eg; "Mi24A_UPK_23" to "Mi-24A (UPK-23)"

* fixed specular on piot and gunner lods

* changed cockpit door animations sourced by 'rpm' instead of 'altradar' (thanks for the tip Rock)

* disconnected land contact points from dampers to fix bouncing when on ships or roofs (thanks again Rock, you were right it is ugly , but I think the lesser of two evils)

* added shadow LODs to panel proxys in Pilot and Gunner LODs

* updated Showcase mission to include new variants.

* tweaked main rotor blur and some other bits.

download

http://www.filefactory.com/file/1pjiqbkhqe95/n/PAf_Mi-24A_v_02.7z

see first post for more info and mirrors tba

thx Pathetic_Berserker,

but error, only one pbo uploaded :j:

Just tried it, really good. Thanks for fixing the dampers and the window\door "spazzing" ;)

thx Pathetic_Berserker,

but error, only one pbo uploaded :j:

@Miller be sure to read the installation notes, there is a single .pbo that contains all the .p3ds and the versions relevant to a standard A2 installation ie; russia, takistan and CDF. All the extra skins related to other theaters are in the folder of optionals.

@Evil_Brownie your welcome, though I was at a loss till Rock mentioned the solution

PS. Thanks Foxhound,

Edited by Pathetic_Berserker

I just downloaded this and had a fly around in it. It's awesome! I don't know why, but the A version of the Mi-24 is my favourite and this mod does it great justice.

I read on the previous page that you didn't think you had time to put this mod into ToH. I was wondering, now that it's a few months on, is there any chance you'd be able to put this into ToH, using the Hind flight model? If not, would you consider putting it into Arma 3 when it comes out? I'd love to fly this with the new helicopter flight model.

Anyway, great work and thanks so much for making and releasing this :D

i was so busy that i haven't noted update, thax :) i remember waiting for this addon, downloading update right now :D

I just downloaded this and had a fly around in it. It's awesome! I don't know why, but the A version of the Mi-24 is my favourite and this mod does it great justice.

I read on the previous page that you didn't think you had time to put this mod into ToH. I was wondering, now that it's a few months on, is there any chance you'd be able to put this into ToH, using the Hind flight model? If not, would you consider putting it into Arma 3 when it comes out? I'd love to fly this with the new helicopter flight model.

Anyway, great work and thanks so much for making and releasing this :D

Your welcome, and I'm glad you like it.

Re TOH, its realy more that I don't know where to start. I don't think there has been a single 3rd party chopper released yet specificaly for TOH wich I think indicates a lack of documentation and a diminishing knowledge base amongst the modding community at large. The fact that I could get even my project into A2 is because what little scripting knowledge I have can ride on the shoulders of those that came before me.

So it realy comes down to whether BIS takes the time to release some documentation and examples. The RV engine is simply to much to chew for a lone hobbyist. But it's only 'hobby' time that goes towards MODS/addons, therefore I'm predicting that the modding scene will slow to a trickle before to long. Still I'm remaining positive that they will release something to keep the scene alive for A3. So hopefully there will be an A3 re-release, with new filght model, maybe a few geo modeling inaccuracies ironed out. But I think TOH unlikely without a proven config'r to take over.

Great helicopter. Love the color schemes on all the countries versons.

^^

Ah, ok I found the first samples package released in Jan but I think I’ll need the newer one with the hinds template in it, ‘promised’ in March, as per this thread

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?132878-Mi-24-Hind-template-request

Though I'm still curious if somethings missing here (I know for me it will probably be the time) but I still can't find a single 3d party TOH chopper?

AFAIK, Rotorlib is quite tricky. There have been community mods done by pilots, though.

I think the missing thing here is helicopter take a hell of a long time to make... there have been custom helicopter mods announced, but AFAIK most were using models from ripping sites. Couple that with the smaller, younger Take On community, plus even higher demands on detail both in the model and in the flight model, and I think you'll see that the chance of a custom helicopter emerging from that community per year is much lower than that of ArmA 2. I would buddy up with someone who has already done some RotorLib tweaking and is familiar with the xml files and you might have the first custom helicopter in Take On. Then, if you want to make it all fully Take On style, you just have to animate all of your dials, controls, model the access panels and engines... figure out the component damage system... place all of the points for examining each piece, however that's done... haha. It already sounds like a lot of work, and you and I both have helicopter models waiting.

Edited by Max Power