Sign in to follow this  
rocket

DayZ Zombie RPG (Unofficial Mod) Alpha

Zombies and survival themes are now quite popular.... but if this hype disappears only few of these players will stay with A2OA/A3. Imo its a lucky situation and I just hope that Rocket/BIS will use the experience/infos for A3. Just think about selecting a faction (GreekResistance/IranianForces/NATO) and survive/adapt/win on Limnos TvT/Coop/all mixed mp missions....

Please put the Time Since Save reading back on the de-bug monitor!

I had a character come back to life FOUR times last night, because the server couldn't keep up with me. I was also jumping back 200m in-between server changes.

I used to be able to just wait for the timer to reset, and be absolutely sure that a glitch isn't going to rob me of my brand new item or dump me into a horde of zombies because of a failed save.

Zombies and survival themes are now quite popular.... but if this hype disappears only few of these players will stay with A2OA/A3. Imo its a lucky situation and I just hope that Rocket/BIS will use the experience/infos for A3. Just think about selecting a faction (GreekResistance/IranianForces/NATO) and survive/adapt/win on Limnos TvT/Coop/all mixed mp missions....

Yes, I can easily imagine a warfare-like MP mission with a persistence system similar to Dayz.

Interesting. I can't speak for OFP, but what about VBS? Seems that ArmA 2 is based on VBS and not the other way around.

VBS was actualy developed originaly from OFP, a member from the band Seven wich featured on the OFP soundtrack stepped up with a proposal, hence BIA, and VBS. And ever since they have been helping each other to various degrees , wich explains why ArmA incorporated many VBS functions

Personaly I have no problem with something like DayZ becoming an offical mod. Thematic 'modern military' mods are created by the community with relative ease. In fact its probably better if BIS focused on mods that were a bit thematicly different as these are the ones that often lead to expansions in engine functions wich gives the community more opportunities to mod and creates this cool creative loop.

Edited by Pathetic_Berserker

Maybe Rocket could make a "spin-off"? ;)

zetaborns.jpg

Credits: Bad Benson - Zetaborns WIP.

Lingor would be cool, but I just can't see zombies in a jungle, haha.

Lingor would be cool, but I just can't see zombies in a jungle, haha.

Dead island did it ;)

Dead island did it ;)

But that was at some resort island, right? Lingor isn't a resort.

What's the thing with the getting sick because of low temperature? Just to make things clear, people don't get sick with flue and cough because of low temperature! They get sick because of viruses and germs. That's it. Cold can get you sick only in hypothermia, but that's not what is being simulated in the latest update.

Apart from that - great mod! You managed to turn a Zombie hater to zombie lover :)

But that was at some resort island, right? Lingor isn't a resort.

Some parts are - there's a beach bar and everything!

What's the thing with the getting sick because of low temperature? Just to make things clear, people don't get sick with flue and cough because of low temperature! They get sick because of viruses and germs. That's it. Cold can get you sick only in hypothermia, but that's not what is being simulated in the latest update.

Perhaps the zombie flu attacks you when you're cold?

Ok I like the temperature thingie but if Rocket keeps adding survival features this will turn into a Bear Grylls mod.It's been so long since I actually bothered with zombies in towns.

Check this out if you're bored.

2 hours of raw day z footage. It's the story of the RG guys on a several busy servers recorded over 4 days. I lead an expedition to Devils castle.

Full play list here:

Hope you enjoy :)

SHIT Shit shit !!

Clicked the RESPAWN in the menu by accident instead of OPTIONS !!

Not happy !

............ I have NEVER died ingame to that point :(

.... lost everything.

Shit! That's too bad!!! (Quite an achievement still being alive!)

Perhaps put a ticket up on their tracker requesting removal of the Respawn button, or changed behavior (confirmation requirement etc) :P

Heh, I managed to click respawn once during a Warfare game while logged in as admin.

Needless to say the rage I caused amongst my mates was much worse than losing a character.

EDIT: To avoid a double post, let me ask:

Are there any DayZ servers out there permitting some basic mods? Mostly I'm looking to be able to use J.S.R.S. and Oktane's noBlur, but Shack Tac movement and TruMod GUI would be great to have in this too.

Edited by BigMorgan

Yes,maybe devs can create a dialog after you press RESPAWN in which you re whether to continue or not .... i lost a rangefinder cuz of that !

Yes,maybe devs can create a dialog after you press RESPAWN in which you re whether to continue or not .... i lost a rangefinder cuz of that !
Well what do you need a rangefinder for in a gameworld that has 400m viewdistance at best.

Are You Sure?

Are You Really Sure?

Are You Absolutely Positive, because it's not trouble to cancel now.

Last chance. After this all your gear is gone and you are left in the game as the day you were born with nowt but your pride (Y/N).

hi,

Are there any DayZ servers out there permitting some basic mods? Mostly I'm looking to be able to use J.S.R.S. and Oktane's noBlur, but Shack Tac movement and TruMod GUI would be great to have in this too.

Agree for the tac move it really lacks especially when you play with it since a long time. While I am at it, some others client addons like GDT plants could increase fps.

Maybe ask permission to directly implement those addons to the mod? At least the tac move would really help to not be stuck in building while you have 30 zombies who want to eat you :D

And PLEASE allow sound mods :pray: on servers.

cya.

Nikiller.

BigMorgan, I had originally allowed all those mods on my US Hardcore servers, but there was an issue about the way certain information was saved to the hive. It was screwing everything up, and caused the developers some big headaches trying to figure out the source. Until they can find a way to store info correctly with or without the addons, they will not be back. We may not see that till beta, or ever.

Having matches in your inventory glitches out the action menu. The Set Fire option is invisible.

Hey,

It seems that this is the right thread to post in, if not please correct me.

I just wanted to say that I wanted a game like this, where you are placed in a realistic apocalyptic world full of zombies, since I can remember. And now, that I found such a game, I'll do everything to play that.

I just bought a new PC and the full game, just because of this mod.

I want to support Bohemia Interactive, that they are so close with their community and allow such things like mods *cough* EA *cough* BF3 *cough*.

BadJoke