Sign in to follow this  
rocket

DayZ Zombie RPG (Unofficial Mod) Alpha

I believe BIS owns the people who created this mod alot. I cant imagine how happy BIS must be now because of this development. Also a great hint for BIS to develop maybe into one new game in the future with zombies.

Personally I dont play this mod often because of other stuff in my life consuming to much time. But I recommend it easily to other people.

Edited by Nikiforos

Fruity_Rudy, It's easier to walk, not run. If you keep a small distance between yourself and the Zeds, you can survive. Once I hear their moans and groans I know to be extra cautious as to which way they are heading. You can easily walk between 2 Zeds that are roughly 20m apart. I usually stay crouched when I'm that close to them.

Now, Bandits are a different story, shoot them before they shoot you, period!

this "Panicing sound effect" is just too artificial/bad - let the player decide himself in what kind of state he really is.

+1

I agree with that!

This thread should be sticky, since it is (at least feels like) some kind of official high quality addon.

This thread should be sticky, since it is (at least feels like) some kind of official high quality addon.

I'm not sure a zombie mod should ever be an official addon for ArmA 2 / OA. :D

Nothing against the mod, just doesn't make sense for this type of game, lol.

I would in contrary say that only with Arma as the engine the mod can be what it is: Successful.

It's because of the realism that this engine delivers. For this reason it does very well make sense for this type of game.

Hi there. I'm experiencing an issue with the mod that I installed on a physical copy of the game using the retail installation guide. Any server I join gives me the following error:

"Files addons\addons.pbo is not signed by a key accepted by this server. To play this server remove selected files or install additional accepted keys."

I get this on every server I try to join. I tried using the installer/updater thing and got the same result. Weird thing is there isn't even an addons.pbo in my files, so I don't see why it should even be an issue.

Anyone got any ideas?

I'm not sure a zombie mod should ever be an official addon for ArmA 2 / OA. :D

Totally depends if you see this as a MILISIM only game or a SANDBOX.

I totally agree.

I read some awesome post that say BIS games are like a box of lego.

What you build is up to you.

If it brings in more players\Money. the fuck ya.

Do it, stick that shit.

BIS money, BETTER GAME.

Go for it.

Would be awesome if some talented modder's of this community could make some weapons and donate to Dayz.

Like a Mosin Nagant, SVT 40, SKS, more revolver's (38 snub nose, Nagant Revolver), and more common civilian weapons (2 barrel shotguns,pump actions one) and some other's surplus WWII weapons like the good old PPHS.

Would be awesome if some talented modder's of this community could make some weapons and donate to Dayz.

Like a Mosin Nagant, SVT 40, SKS, more revolver's (38 snub nose, Nagant Revolver), and more common civilian weapons (2 barrel shotguns,pump actions one) and some other's surplus WWII weapons like the good old PPHS.

I own the first 3 guns you mentioned, plus Tokarev TT-33 - all in mint condition. If some model maker felt inclined, and got the green light from Rocket, I would be more than happy to take multiple angle high-res photos of these beauties, including scope/iron sight pics.. and i'll even go as far as taking them out to the forest and cracking off a few rounds to get the most realistic sounds...

any takers?

i've read a bit about this mod. It says you can repair vehicles if you find parts. I'm wondering how that "stat" saving works. I find parts for a vehicle on server X, i disconnect, connect 2 days later on server Y , and then? vehicle is gone or is it also saved to the player. I'd like to know how you manage that..is that possible?

i made simple installers (since 1.5.5), they w/o any warranty

quick job in NSIS (nullsoft installer) and nowhere perfect state

offline (1.5.8.2)

(complete file download, just installs and drop 2 shortcut on your desktop, one for OA 1.60 engine and one for OA 1.61 beta engine)

http://cdn.armafiles.info/installer/dwarden-simpler-installers/DayZ-1582-full-with-shortcuts.exe

CRC32: 0F96DE9D

MD5: F5E9A583DB853E7B10321F0636367D49

SHA-1: 35C8FC0197987D5821778E834B5D98A83BDB44D2

online (atm. 1.5.8.2)

(small file, all files downloaded from dayz site, just installs and drop 2 shortcut on your desktop, one for OA 1.60 engine and one for OA 1.61 beta engine)

http://cdn.armafiles.info/installer/dwarden-simpler-installers/DayZ-online-with-shortcuts.exe

CRC32: 382BB6C3

MD5: B9E0BB35F87AE91C297ADEE195357CC0

SHA-1: DD761DE6CAF190301CA9C38F1CB93585BCBFD3C6

these are nowhere near official or perfect, just raw...

if anyone want share NSIS masterskills or wisdom with me

feel free to do so e.g. at

irc.gamesurge.net channel #DayZ

irc://irc.gamesurge.net/DayZ

WARNING:

1. You should RUN STEAM via "run as administator"

2. and start ARMA 2 once , then exit

3. then start ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead via the desktop shortcuts from installers

Note: installers support any distribution not just STEAM

Thanks Dwarden,

I wonder if Rocket has any time left to work on Arma 3 multiplayer design? :P

i've read a bit about this mod. It says you can repair vehicles if you find parts. I'm wondering how that "stat" saving works. I find parts for a vehicle on server X, i disconnect, connect 2 days later on server Y , and then? vehicle is gone or is it also saved to the player. I'd like to know how you manage that..is that possible?

A friend of mine repaired a car and used it until he logged off. When he logged on again he still had his personal belongings but the car had disappeared from the place where it had been hidden. Probably cars remain in the game world and if another player finds the vehicle he can take it.

The new Six Launcher was updated yesterday to become even faster and easier to use!

mm75oy_thumb.png

Always keep DayZ up2date with a single click, and browse and play on a server with single click,

keep your favorite servers close by, and you can even queue up to auto-join on full servers once enough spots are free!

Last but not least, the launcher lets you enjoy Six Updater technology, without the fuzz, reducing time and size of updates considerably!

Yesterday's update was 68 MB for casual downloaders, and 3.9 MB for Six users! That's a whooping saving of about 64 MB, or 17 times smaller.

For Steam users - no need to hassle with launching Steam / the games as administrator, it just... works!

Enjoy :)

Edited by Sickboy

lol ... battle of the Installers

.... unfortunately says something about one of the few features missing from BIS modable games over the decade.

what a epic night! i played till freaking 1am!!

Here is what happened. i respawned all the way in cherno and made my way north and met up with manble along the way and we teamed up together and followed the power lines going north east towards the damn where the helicopter is.

we avoided most towns along the way and came across a couple of zombies. one i aggroed that split us up briefly. i took the zombie down and met up with manble again who waited for me but could have left me(cheers).

We managed to end up where the helicopter is which took us an hour or two to reach their!

we waited for Marker to join us there and he came with a couple of other guys in a jeep!

manble had the final missing piece to fix the helicopter so hefixed it and we was off!! but it had low fuel so we all decided to take the jeep and go to the airfield nearby and get some fuel.

We reached their and took as much as we can and came back to the helicopter to refuel.

after that we went flyed back to the airfield with he heli as it was still not much fuel so we went their and refueled the heli as much as we can.

LOADS of zombies just popped up near us and we moawed them down! all of us with rifles so it was cool :)

after refueling we flies around the major cities of the map and basically killed everything that moved around the big cities with the machine guns attached to the helicopter lol.

Was the best night i have had on DayZ. soo good i was up till 1am when i normally goo to bed at 11 during the weekdays! was well worth it!

some pics

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7092/7245636478_e79b92b706_c.jpg (334 kB)

arma2oa 2012-05-22 00-14-13-66 by jonneymendoza, on Flickr

7245669412_d8bf2ef705.jpg

arma2oa 2012-05-22 00-17-00-54 by jonneymendoza, on Flickr

7245582200_b6df14542e.jpg

arma2oa 2012-05-21 23-58-41-33 by jonneymendoza, on Flickr

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7099/7245573202_e1883c1a93.jpg (107 kB)

arma2oa 2012-05-21 23-57-49-43 by jonneymendoza, on Flickr

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7090/7245533124_7f0d1fa38d.jpg (105 kB)

arma2oa 2012-05-21 23-50-25-50 by jonneymendoza, on Flickr

7245449118_9cc18dba21.jpg

arma2oa 2012-05-21 22-21-19-57 by jonneymendoza, on Flickr

i find it more interesting, if you remove the ksk-skin. So you cannot see the players attitude immediately and it's much more tricky to decide what to do. I played it for the first time, and thats one big thing i recognized

Mans inhumanity to man :)

Last night i managed some playtime , I came across a chap running across the beach so i saluted to relay my friendly nature.

I told him there is a dead body with coyote pack nice and full and i had all i need .

he say " my friend need help we get him then we go to this dead guy ", we do that and whilst his friend pilfer the ruck sack we wait close by.

We said our goodbyes and went our seperate ways , it was 200m further i though hmm i check my back pack , this Bastard had robbed my Bandages i think whilst we watched his friend raid the dead body .

so funny how you see such things in this mod , i thought i had enough but then something like this happen hahaha .

i am guessing he can steal from my inventory without me knowing its only way i can have lost them i believe, either way was a nice 30 mins of Dayz.

I would in contrary say that only with Arma as the engine the mod can be what it is: Successful.

It's because of the realism that this engine delivers. For this reason it does very well make sense for this type of game.

Well no, I agree that the engine works well for it. My point was that it doesn't fit thematically as an official addon to the base ArmA 2 / OA game.

What is somewhat funny/sad is that I see a lot of people new to this game who only bought it for DayZ, and they all complain about how "clunky" and "unintuitive" the engine/controls are. :rolleyes:

That's hardly surprising, Arma is different from anything thing they have played before.

Mil sim is to BIS as Dayz is to MilSim fans. Believe it or not the original crew behind OFP (Marek Suma etc) only used military as a way to make the kind of game the have always wanted that no one else could or would make. eg a simulation of a massive out door area with realistic flora, fauna, day night cycles, weather etc. Basically a nature simulator. You can see they are achieving this goal very well with every version. The fact that new, completely unthought of game modes pop up using their core game must give them great satisfaction. It shows that they are on the right path with their vision. A realistic world/ sand box with a powerful editor that allows their customers to create what ever they like in a beautiful environment.

They do have a dedicated mil sim fan base which they obviously feel they have some loyalty to and wont just dismiss them. But I would say that they are only too happy to embrace some other forms of play style, game type that can show off there superb engine. An ultra realistic military sim is not their ultimate goal.

That's hardly surprising, Arma is different from anything thing they have played before.

Mil sim is to BIS as Dayz is to MilSim fans. Believe it or not the original crew behind OFP (Marek Suma etc) only used military as a way to make the kind of game the have always wanted that no one else could or would make. eg a simulation of a massive out door area with realistic flora, fauna, day night cycles, weather etc. Basically a nature simulator. You can see they are achieving this goal very well with every version. The fact that new, completely unthought of game modes pop up using their core game must give them great satisfaction. It shows that they are on the right path with their vision. A realistic world/ sand box with a powerful editor that allows their customers to create what ever they like in a beautiful environment.

They do have a dedicated mil sim fan base which they obviously feel they have some loyalty to and wont just dismiss them. But I would say that they are only too happy to embrace some other forms of play style, game type that can show off there superb engine. An ultra realistic military sim is not their ultimate goal.

Interesting. I can't speak for OFP, but what about VBS? Seems that ArmA 2 is based on VBS and not the other way around.

so funny how all the new ppl complain about the gfx, movement and and and, when i joined ze zombie server. Only crying and flaming about the engine..I shot them' and they rage quit