Sign in to follow this  
rocket

DayZ Zombie RPG (Unofficial Mod) Alpha

Another point that might be taken into consideration upon developing: timeflow.

For some people it is hard to play during daytime (family, jobs, usual stuff that keeps you away from playing) so they have only 2 choices: either always playing in the dark or move to servers in other timezones. The latter usually also means the server have higher pings.

Now i wouldn't say that it has to be bright daylight all the time. Maybe speed up the cycle a bit so a whole day passes in...say 18hrs? So when connecting every day at the same time on the same server or in the same timezone, you get different times of day ingame each day, including nights.

Hmmm that would lead to a lot more server hopping Myke. Personally it scares the shit outta me in the day, and therefore at night I really would shit myself!

Hmmm that would lead to a lot more server hopping Myke. Personally it scares the shit outta me in the day, and therefore at night I really would shit myself!

Hmmm....time to grow some balls, don't you think?

j/k you mate :)

BTT, it could be optional in the Missionsettings.

Myke;2152898']BTT' date=' it could be optional in the Missionsettings.[/quote']

There are a lot of mission parameters an admin could choose from, here are some suggestions:

- when starting with a new character and joining game: 1-minimal equipment. 2-random equipment with/without primary weapon

- with/without bandit behaviour:

- coef for loot (amount and type) and zombies spawned relative to the number of players in area

- amount of vehicles

In case of coop game only, spawning players in a central safe base could be great: from that base, you could organize expeditions to get medical supplies, fuel, food or ammo, anything you need to survive.

The base could be under attacks of random zombies waves, then able to take control of the base and destroy your stock. From then on, players could only spawn as it is now, at random positions near the coast, until humans control the base again.

Each player should have a knife at mission start. (I don't have any firearms at home, but... I've got some knives!!)

Survivors can eat and drink, but I've no knowledge of survivors having been killed while having a pee or a shit behind bushes...

:rolleyes:

By the way...

Can toilet paper be part of the spawned objects?

:confused:

Hmmm I can just see it now ... an icon on the right of a RED TURD. If you don't take a dump you explode !

And you can only move your bowels if you have TP in your inventory, which is then consumed. How have we survived without such a feature?

Add too water purifying tablets to the inventory...

And if you drink polluted water, you can get dysentery and have to stop and "move your bowels" every 5/10/15 minutes until you find some medics...

Edited by fleepee

Being sniped in the ass while taking a dump would be some sort of achievement,or zombies chasing you around town with your pants down.You could also use it tactically,drop a turd on stairs and wait until a bandit comes in the building,slips and brake his neck.

+1 for the knife in the "starter pack".

I played maybe 5 or 6 hours and never found one.

There where nice weapons, backpacks and all the nice things but no knife.

Something happend when I started playing today, I had a guy saved from yesterday but everything was gone. I had lost my rifle, my backpack and only had a makorov. I had no ammo(but more bandages). I noticed that I had no ammo when I tried to shoot a zombie(I failed :p) and he started running after me. I ran through a village and up on a railroad track withy 10/15 zeds behind me. After some time running I saw a survivor that had just shot a few zeds. He started bandaging his wounds and didnt notice me, nor did he notice my happy fellas. I ran on the raiload track right passed him with the zeds behind me. Then he notied us and I saw a big "WTF" on the chat and I saw him run the other way :D. Later I died when I tried to climb up a ladder and I respawned.

Last two log-ins, my character's location has not been saved. All the same items, but I teleported across the map.

And you can only move your bowels if you have TP in your inventory, which is then consumed. How have we survived without such a feature?

Nasty thought prior to my breakfast.

But if we could just "use/discard", I like the idea.

Well, just got a episode with a 2-team of bandits. Didn't had any significant stuff on me (water bottle was empty and one can of beans) and only 8 bullets left for my Makarov. In the store in Elektrozavodsk i found a ALICE backpack and was hoping for some ammo at least. But unfortunately the pack was empty and a second later i knew why. A bullet flew just a few centimetres besides my head and by hearing the shot, i knew it was a sniper rifle. Obviously a trap. I've managed to escape through the backdoor while the bandit wasted a few more bullets on me but only managed to hit me in the arms or so. So i took cover behind a house to bandage myself and while doing so, i saw the second bandit sneaking around the next house, trying to get a clean shot on me. As he realized that i've noticed him, he tried to cover himself but the cheap wooden fence didn't helped against a full clip from a Makarov.

Time for looting: M4A1SD with 3 full mags, watch, compass, some cans of coke and pepsi. Jackpot.

So he lost his life and all his equipment and his mate probably wasted a full mag of the sniper rifle while trying to get a poor guy with a Makarov and 8 bullets. Noobs. :p

Last two log-ins, my character's location has not been saved. All the same items, but I teleported across the map.

Same here. Heard it from other players in-game too.

Yes, me too. Atleast all items stayed.

I spawned like 4(!!!) times in a row in Novy Sobor. That's the middle of the f*cking map. :D

I spawned like 4(!!!) times in a row in Novy Sobor. That's the middle of the f*cking map. :D

Lucky you, I'm still spawning in Kamenka.

Lucky you, I'm still spawning in Kamenka.

Well, I am not so familiar with the Chernarus map, and it was always when I died.

So I wouldn't call being stuck in the middle of the island with basic equipment and during pitch black darkness as lucky :P

Edited by Salvatore_Lee

i can't join any game . every 50 slots server are full . i never saw such amount of player...

Suggestions for the mod:

1. Custom made island/map

2. more open buildings that players can enter. ( custom made)

3. Zombies move out in big hordes all around the land not only spawn at buildings or towns.

4. Maby have a main spawn for the zombies like where the Infection started, a research facility or somthing like that?

where they move out and spread the infection all over the map.

well list of ideas & suggestion can go on for ever.

Well think all this has been mention maby?

holy mother of god , what's happening ? is this the end of the world ? ;)

cba_versioning - cba_oa - Version Mismatch! (Machine: B 1-1-A:39 (leon) (leon) version: 0.0.0, serverVersion: 0.7.0.4, Level: 4)

the package on devheaven doesn't containt the hotfix avaible on armaholic .

okay now i have this error :

0:06:18.277 (1:25:47.172) versioning - cba_main - Not running! (Machine: <NULL-object> (Error: No vehicle))
Edited by griffz

holy mother of god , what's happening ? is this the end of the world ? ;)

No, it's Day Z!

SCNR ;-)