Sign in to follow this  
rocket

DayZ Zombie RPG (Unofficial Mod) Alpha

Lol, 9 out of 10 times I am getting killed by other players, I met 1 friendly in 3 days. The rest just wait for you to make a noise or use a flare and go to your pos to kill you. And of course that is the way to go. Why would you loot and kill zombies if you can let other players do the looting and killing the zombies for you and then simply take their nice loot that they spend many hours to get.

This is exactly what real criminals were doing, offer as less as possible of any knowledge of your presence and hit the right moment to get the maximum win...a quite nasty but successfull strategy which can not be avoided by "the friendly".

Only way to avoid is either to have just luck to not beeing in a bandits sight while looting stuff, or you´re in a group of several survivors...for me mostley the first one worked, since I am a lone wolf.

---------- Post added at 12:20 ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 ----------

Arma2Free

Hey John Blund,

welcome to the ArmA Community at first.

lets try to figure your Problem step by step...so at first.

Why is this ArmA2Free? Cause you have ArmA2Free only?

DayZ requires ArmA2OA (which is ArmA2 and Operation Arrowhead also available as ArmA2CO)

Greets

Memphis

since I am a lone wolf.

Dito, I simply don't meet any friendlies! I am just being really stealthy now and try to survive on my own, which is actually fun too. (just wish I had a camo outfit)

Hey John Blund,

welcome to the ArmA Community at first.

lets try to figure your Problem step by step...so at first.

Why is this ArmA2Free? Cause you have ArmA2Free only?

DayZ requires ArmA2OA (which is ArmA2 and Operation Arrowhead also available as ArmA2CO)

Greets

Memphis

Combined ops Lite maybe?

Dito, I simply don't meet any friendlies! I am just being really stealthy now and try to survive on my own, which is actually fun too. (just wish I had a camo outfit)
Usually you need to find friends outside of DayZ and play with them on appointment.

I tell you one thing, playing with no NVG's and just a little flashlight shining in the bushes at 2 in the morning while you can hear those god damn zombies around you is enough to scare the living crap out of anyone. I played for the first time last night and I was blown away with how immersive the mod is. I love the fact that this mod removes the "Rambo" element and puts a major emphasis on teamwork that uses good planning and execution.

Cool mod! :)

Usually you need to find friends outside of DayZ and play with them on appointment.

My friends don't play games as they are all in the 30s and have kids etcetera... which is quite common...

My friends don't play games as they are all in the 30s and have kids etcetera... which is quite common...
Kid wil grow up and my friend are in the 40's now and have time again...at leats we manage to play once a week for a few hours together...since DayZ does not offer much feature that's more than enough.

Sorry for doubleposting, the first post seem to have imploded when I tried to add the RPT files :s

Hello there, and thanks for taking the time to read this post, as I really love this game already, and I have no idea why it is acting like this. I've already posted a thread on reddit and on the dayz forums about this, but since not everyone reads reddit or the forums, and I got tipped that I should talk to you guys!

I've tried google and other sources, but I can't find any specifics to this problem :|

I've noticed that no matter what I do with the GFX options, I seem to get small FPS stutters while playing online, I'm talking every second or so, the game "stops" for half a second, then goes fine again, it's playable, but VERY annoying when in intense situations.

I have not tried playing any other mods or ARMA2 online yet, I've read somewhere that people think the stutters are from the debug monitor in the mod, is there any way to turn that off so I can try that?

The game runs -completely- smooth and awesome in singleplayer/bootcamp on everything on maximum graphics and 2000 visibility, so I don't think it's related to my specs, but I'll include them anyway!

My specs are;

1 MS Win7 Ultimate 64bit SP1

Intel Core i5 760 @ 2.8GHz

4GB DC DDR3 @ 662 MHz ( that's 1333 MHz I believe, becuase of DC) GeForce GTX 460 1GB

ASUSTeK P7p55d-e LX Motherboard

I doubt this has anything to do with my harddrive, but it's a Western Digital 1TB disk ( Green version )

What I have done inbefore posting this to get help without any success is as follows

I just came out from the map editor on Chernarus, I just flew a chopper through all the cities at non-fps stutter, completely smooth at everything maxed, with about 1000-1500 visiblity - If I bring this online on DayZ, I still get the stuttering, the GFX changes do -no- change to the stutters.

I've done HDD check for read/write speeds, everything was okay, but not amazing speeds, shouldn't be the HDD speed.

Thanks so much for reading this, and if I forgot anything please ask for it, and I'll respond as soon as I can!

You can also check out the original redditpost and the forumpost I made here;

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/ttlul/strange_micro_fpsstutters_while_playing_dayz/

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=3813

EDIT:

I saw in some earlier posts you asked for a RPT file, I guess I could include the ones I have

Arma2Free

Ehm, the RPT file for OA was really huge, so I'll post that as well if you request that :s

Try turning Vsync off.

Wanted to chime in WOW.

Fun, scary, and more fun.

Had a B!tch of a time getting connected. I always get kicked right after login with no message in my rpt file. Then suddenly with no changes I was able to connect for the first time ever after trying for three weeks.

Would my full version PMC and BAF be causing issues with most servers? Should I not load them and go Lite? I see no full version in people that do connect just before me. It is always LITE. I have tried now for an hour and can't connect again to any server. Didn't reboot, nothing. I have downloaded Battle Eye from web, I am stumped.

WOW!!!!! AWESOME MOD

Thanks for a really cool mod.

I would love to have this for my little home clan server if ever possible.

Thanks again.

Edited by Styxx42
Spelling

Wanted to chime in WOW.

Fun, scary, and more fun.

Had a B!tch of a time getting connected. I always get kicked right after login with no message in my rpt file. Then suddenly with no changes I was able to connect for the first time ever after trying for three weeks.

Would my full version PMC and BAF be causing issues with most servers? Should I not load them and go Lite? I see no full version in people that do connect just before me. It is always LITE. I have tried now for an hour and can't connect again to any server. Didn't reboot, nothing. I have downloaded Battle Eye from web, I am stumped.

WOW!!!!! AWESOME MOD

Thanks for a really cool mod.

I would love to have this for my little home clan server if ever possible.

Thanks again.

I use full BAF and have no problems with it.

Its normally because the data server is overloaded and cant cope with the amount of traffic.

Ever server uses a data server and they seem to always be clogged up

Ever server uses a data server and they seem to always be clogged up

I believe every server uses the same data server. Maybe Rocket has gotten a few more.

I would actually like to see a single player version of this. Something where I can play just like it is online, except offline. Maybe spawn random other "players" that you can meet with and have them join your group.

---------- Post added at 14:14 ---------- Previous post was at 14:02 ----------

I've noticed that no matter what I do with the GFX options, I seem to get small FPS stutters while playing online, I'm talking every second or so, the game "stops" for half a second, then goes fine again, it's playable, but VERY annoying when in intense situations.

I believe this may be an issue with the DayZ mission iteself. I recall when Rocket was showing me around that I would get this stutter every two seconds. He did some work and ended up removing the debug monitor, which solved the stutter every two seconds. The debug monitor updates every two seconds I believe. He later added it back in, perhaps it is messing up again.

hi,

Sometimes I spawn in the middle of a forest and I can't move. All I can do is "cancel action". Anybody else experienced this issue?

I also lost my ALICE backpack with my AK pso inside :'( and went back to my coyote backpack.

And my skin changed to black PMC guy but I didn't killed anyboy my murder value is 0, I didn't even kill a bandit and my humanity is 2500. I became a bandit without doing anything wrong?

Other than that I have great fun with the mod. I mostly survive on my own since it is hard to trust people. By the way, I met only 2 survivors.

I just finish to stealthy loot a village and slowly go back to the forest, when I see a horde of ~40 zombies running like hell on the road east of me, I say WTF they saw me??? I finally see a survivor running in front of the furious horde trying to save his life. the guy see me and run to my location I guess to make zeds change their target but I keep cool, get down and fast crawl to a wooden tower at the forest border 10 meters of me, I climb the ladder and crouch. The guy run in front of the tower probably thinking zombies will see me and start to chase me. But no, the horde keep running after him and don't even notice me. The survivor run away with the horde behind and I watch the show doing nothing but enjoying the show at top of my tower saying to myself "hehe, this guy tried to draw zombies attention to me so he gets what he desserves, I will not help". I don't know what happen to him after that but I guess he was massacred by the horde.

Few min after this episode, I continue my loot. I duck walk to a barn where I know there's predefined positions and probably some supplies spawned inside. There's only 3 zombies idleing around. I manage to stealthy infiltrate the building, grab some food and soda but no bullets for my winchester only a lee enfield and some ammo. I decide to keep my gun even if I have only 2 full magazines left. I have not enough inventory slots so I have to open my backpack and put the food inside. But It takes too long and the zombie behind the wall senses me, starts to rage and finally comes to the barn to eat me. I put a bullet in his head and wait for the 2 others. They come, I kill them. Problem is the shots alert some others zombies. I hold the barn killing zonbies one by one. After 30 zombies I switch to my pistol and continue to methodically doing the job. After 50 zeds, I run out of pistol amunition, I climb the stairs to grab the lee enfield and continue to shoot. I end at the barn 2nd floor with 8 bullets in my enfield and a lot of "dead" bodies at my feet. I climb down the stairs and see a survivor hidding behind the wooden boxes. He says me "friendly", I say "yes" and say to myself "you could have helpled me FFS!". We teamed up for a while, heading to the airport when my game crashed.

That's the only 2 people I met in dayZ.

Can't wait to see the mod included in the patch 1.61. Keep it up!

cya.

Nikiller.

Edited by Nikiller

Anyone knows how to find a server with specific (at least roughly) daytime? Whenever i try, i land on a pitch black Chernarus which is ridiculous.

Myke;2152644']Anyone knows how to find a server with specific (at least roughly) daytime? Whenever i try' date=' i land on a pitch black Chernarus which is ridiculous.[/quote']

The time in the game is based on where the server is located. So if you want to play in daylight, find a server in a country where the sun is up.

I just watched really cool, solo, game play with kinda cautious approach.

I enjoyed it, so here you go:

The time in the game is based on where the server is located. So if you want to play in daylight, find a server in a country where the sun is up.

Thx, Nicholas, that worked. Maybe in a few month, once the hype is over and the kids gone, it might become interesting.

I purposedly kill another player off the bat the camo helps hiding from other players alot but yes the centralized server is what is causing most of the problems I have seen then need to be local but its a control issue with the Mod Creators :/

Myke;2152666']Maybe in a few month' date=' once the hype is over and the kids gone, it might become interesting.[/quote']

Hmmya been trying not to say this for for the sake of being accused of age discrimination, if you are used to the generally mature ArmA milisim gamers then DayZ can be a it af a shock, the only thing missing is CoD style bunny-hopping lol.

---------- Post added at 01:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:35 AM ----------

I have no input, But nice story on your experience!

I think the Mod and the Mission could be quite interesting and i surely have deepest respect for the coding skills behind the scene. It is purely genious and i do respect that of course.

To place a few thoughts for Rocket to think about, let me bring up some points.

How did i got there?

I mean, i hope people don't think it is realistic to wake up with nothing than a Pistol, Water and some Food on the coast of a foreign, Zombie-infested Country. Either you lived there before so you have a Apartement or a house which you probably could fortify against the Zombies (remember "i am legend"?). It would be a place where you could deposit whatever you gathered on your trips. It would be your safe place during those pitch-black nights.

But if you really got there on purpose to sweep those undeads away, you surely would take some better equipment with you.

Personally i think the first case would better fit with the "storyline".

If people are really that selfish and short-sightened, mankind deserves extinction.

Ok, this one might be impossible to solve from mission side. I see that any sort of punish/reward system to force cooperative gameplay would stand against the "free to do whatever you want" idea behind DayZ so i'm not expecting anything in this way. As stated above, it might be a matter of time until people start to realize that everyone has better chances to survive if they team up, find a facility which would act as a fortification and shelter, where everyone would bring up the stuff they're looted to share. A place to start looting tours as a group and bring everything back to the shelter, where everyone would benefit from it.

I was twice killed in a situation where there was so much stuff to take that two of us couldn't take everything useful with us. We could get out of this place both filled up with Guns, ammo, drinks and food and could have protected each other while looking for even more goods to gather.

So i predict, once the hype is over, we will see servers where 50 of 50 players are in the same spot, helping and protecting each other while searching for ammo, food and water.

Myke;2152829']How did i got there?

I mean' date=' i hope people don't think it is realistic to wake up with nothing than a Pistol, Water and some Food on the coast of a foreign, Zombie-infested Country. Either you lived there before so you have a Apartement or a house which you probably could fortify against the Zombies (remember "i am legend"?). It would be a place where you could deposit whatever you gathered on your trips. It would be your safe place during those pitch-black nights.

But if you really got there on purpose to sweep those undeads away, you surely would take some better equipment with you.

Personally i think the first case would better fit with the "storyline".[/quote']

I don't believe there is a story yet at this stage. It is simply in Alpha and Rocket will work on the story when the primary game mechanics are finished and polished.

Myke;2152829']

[cut...]

As stated above' date=' it might be a matter of time until people start to realize that everyone has better chances to survive if they team up, find a facility which would act as a fortification and shelter, where everyone would bring up the stuff they're looted to share. A place to start looting tours as a group and bring everything back to the shelter, where everyone would benefit from it.

I was twice killed in a situation where there was so much stuff to take that two of us couldn't take everything useful with us. We could get out of this place both filled up with Guns, ammo, drinks and food and could have protected each other while looking for even more goods to gather.

So i predict, once the hype is over, we will see servers where 50 of 50 players are in the same spot, helping and protecting each other while searching for ammo, food and water.[/quote']

I don't believe there is a story yet at this stage.

That's why i've put it in quotes "". ;)

It is simply in Alpha and Rocket will work on the story when the primary game mechanics are finished and polished.

Aye, i know it's alpha and i think that's exactly the right time to bring up thoughts and ideas as they would be easier to implement while the whole thing is in development while it might be more complicated when it's finished.

And Devs, please, don't think i'm saying "this has to be done", i'm just throwing my few cents into the pot. Feel free to ignore it if you think i'm writing just BS. :D

@GROM64

it might be shocking for you but not everyone on this planet knows russian.

Hmmya been trying not to say this for for the sake of being accused of age discrimination, if you are used to the generally mature ArmA milisim gamers then DayZ can be a it af a shock, the only thing missing is CoD style bunny-hopping lol.

---------- Post added at 01:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:35 AM ----------

I have no input, But nice story on your experience!

Sir, that is complete poppycock.

The game is still far too unwieldy for the average 14 yr old COD player.

Personally I have found it to be just as mature as most games of ArmA, except for the stupid sound files some put on which totally ruin the immersion.

In fact is pleasant to work with people 'tactically' who dont think they re the new General Patton.

The game actually promotes teamwork and tactics by 'guiding' players there who sooner or later realise they need it to survive, or have more fun unlike most ArmA missions which force players there - which obviously through human nature causes the rebellious 'Solo Rambo' response.

Myke;2152838']

@GROM64

it might be shocking for you but not everyone on this planet knows russian.

I'm sorry, my bad. I always prefer to play in original language with subs.

It's a theme from "Duty" base, in "STALKER" game.

Myke;2152829']

If people are really that selfish and short-sightened' date=' mankind deserves extinction.

Ok, this one might be impossible to solve from mission side. I see that any sort of punish/reward system to force cooperative gameplay would stand against the "free to do whatever you want" idea behind DayZ so i'm not expecting anything in this way. As stated above, it might be a matter of time until people start to realize that everyone has better chances to survive if they team up, find a facility which would act as a fortification and shelter, where everyone would bring up the stuff they're looted to share. A place to start looting tours as a group and bring everything back to the shelter, where everyone would benefit from it.

[/quote']

Or they could add a new monster/infected type in the forests with the ability to detect humans at 100-200m distance.For example there was a modder Sled that implemented bloodsuckers from Stalker in A2.Now those fuckers are invisible,tough and fast.Add packs of 2-3 bloodsuckers or something similar roaming the forests and people wouldn't be so inclined to go lone wolf.

Imagine how many diapers you would need if you go solo at night in the forests.