Sign in to follow this  
rocket

DayZ Zombie RPG (Unofficial Mod) Alpha

i can't believe how many ppl join arm2 only because of this mod

Indeed it is, I can see 55000 unique new visitors on Armaholic (just Armaholic, so there must be thoussands more I would say) since the news about this got out to the world, thats an increase with 26% over the past avarage. And the best thing is, I see many of those also post they are going to watch this game on E3 :)

that must be an ultra-insane arma2 mod..haven't seen that many newbies at once..crazy story

I'd like to report a minor bug: A few days ago I loggged off somewhere north of Mogilewka. I was alive. This morning I logged on again and found myself on the coast, but I still carried the right weapons and rucksack. In other words, the inventory was saved as it should but the location was lost. Has this happened to others, too?

I'd like to report a minor bug: A few days ago I loggged off somewhere north of Mogilewka. I was alive. This morning I logged on again and found myself on the coast, but I still carried the right weapons and rucksack. In other words, the inventory was saved as it should but the location was lost. Has this happened to others, too?

Yes. There was a database issue preventing connections and the main server had to be rebooted thus everyone's position was reset to the beach.

Thanks for the info. In fact, I am planning to play with some friends and it is easier to meet up if everybody is still near the coast an not scattered all over the place.

just a sugestion...

any chance to add more characters from A2, OA and PMC ? there are a lot of them...so we have different faces and look. :)

dont like much the fact that all survivers look the same... am i the only one?

cheers,

-mike

just a sugestion...

any chance to add more characters from A2, OA and PMC ? there are a lot of them...so we have different faces and look. :)

dont like much the fact that all survivers look the same... am i the only one?

cheers,

-mike

No I feel exactly the same, more distinction would be welcome, also the bandit skin could use more variants like the NAPA guys.

Currently the required ability to carry backpacks limits the selection of models we can use. PMCs are pretty much the only civilian/survivor looking guys that fit the bill.

Currently the required ability to carry backpacks limits the selection of models we can use. PMCs are pretty much the only civilian/survivor looking guys that fit the bill.

This can be solved:

BIS releases the MLODs for A2 units :)

You could always try run towards another players glow stick and hope the zombies take the bait....Would that work?

Yep, thats the only gripe I have with this awesome mod. You can't lose the zombies even if you run over the entire map. It looks funny when 20 zombies in a row are running behind you, but that gets old quick. There should be a way to survive if they are after you and you don't have the ammo to kill them (which is impossible anyway if 20 zombies are chasing you). If they would lose interest in you after some running then that would be great!

Yep, thats the only gripe I have with this awesome mod. You can't lose the zombies even if you run over the entire map. It looks funny when 20 zombies in a row are running behind you, but that gets old quick. There should be a way to survive if they are after you and you don't have the ammo to kill them (which is impossible anyway if 20 zombies are chasing you). If they would lose interest in you after some running then that would be great!

You should die because you run out of breath and they catch up to you and tear you apart.

Nah the zombies needs less steroids. What is the point of surviving if you can't escape them and 2 large groups of zombies chase you endlessly over the map. If they would stay with a 500 meter radius of the towns that would be cool, even better if they just lose interest in you after x amount of distance from the towns. It is no problem now if 2 or 3 are chasing you (if you have ammo), but often I have the zombies of an entire town after me (and other players too looking at youtube).

Perhaps getting a certain distance away from chasing zombies could make them loose interest. So using the terrain and obstacles could be used as tactics to get rid of them. Different speed zombies would be cool I think.

I haven't read all 886 posts so I duno if its been suggested yet but what about an element of warfare construction where groups of survivors can work together somehow to build an outpost/base against zombies and bandits. Would need some kind of collectable material for construction like wood.

This would help to create a much needed goal to the scenario.

You have yet to learn that DayZ is about not to alert Zombies...if you have to shoot at them youre in trouble and then you have to fight them off all...a task you won't suceed alone and thats the lesson you need to learn by startign over again a few times. Zombies rule the world not you, you are just part of an race on the edge of extinction, dotn try to dominate the Zombie master Race you will fail. You have to live amongst them like the mouse not like the cat. because in the end you're just Zombie food in DayZ....keep that in mind.

Are there plans to add different types of Z's in the future? Maybe some that sprint and then some that don't run/follow as fast, so then you at least have a chance to run after fighting off the initial speeders?

You have yet to learn that DayZ is about not to alert Zombies...if you have to shoot at them youre in trouble and then you have to fight them off all...a task you won't suceed alone and thats the lesson you need to learn by startign over again a few times. Zombies rule the world not you, you are just part of an race on the edge of extinction, dotn try to dominate the Zombie master Race you will fail. You have to live amongst them like the mouse not like the cat. because in the end you're just Zombie food in DayZ....keep that in mind.

I understand that, but if you have to shoot, you get all the zombies in a town after you and thats impossible to beat with your pistol and 3 clips, I would need a MG to deal with them then, so only option is to run like hell (which is also pointless). And so far when I spawn I am on my own with nobody around. The few times someone was in the neighborhood they weren't friendly. So a lot of time you are on your own, but not by choice. I am fine with being the underdog, but there should be a way to escape them if you get into trouble and you don't have 4 other players around you to back you up.

---------- Post added at 12:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 PM ----------

P.S

there is one way to escape them and that is aborting the game and relog, after the relog the zombies are usually somewhere else, but thats not how Rocket intended it to be played I think.

I understand that, but if you have to shoot, you get all the zombies in a town after you and thats impossible to beat with your pistol and 3 clips, I would need a MG to deal with them then, so only option is to run like hell (which is also pointless). And so far when I spawn I am on my own with nobody around. The few times someone was in the neighborhood they weren't friendly. So a lot of time you are on your own, but not by choice. I am fine with being the underdog, but there should be a way to escape them if you get into trouble and you don't have 4 other players around you to back you up.

---------- Post added at 12:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 PM ----------

P.S

there is one way to escape them and that is aborting the game and relog, after the relog the zombies are usually somewhere else, but thats not how Rocket intended it to be played I think.

I managed to kill/loose lots of zeds by climbing up a ladder, the zeds started climbing also but fell down at the top, of 7/8 zeds following me only one survived the ladder, and I shot him. But running is mostly pointless because you wont be able to run away from them(apart in special occasions, I saw a vid of a guy who managed to run away from the zeds) but the zeds cant catch you either if you run straight.

Zombies will slow down in any kind of building and start walking, there you can pick them off with headshots one by one at the door. Out in open terrain you're lost without help when there are more than five "followers", no matter what weapon you carry.

ummm.. what's with the spawn and you're unconscious for 5 mins bug?

I was perfectly healthy (12k blood) and logged off, then today I spawn and i'm helpless in gray screen waiting for a very slow hourglass to creep down?

I tried alt f4 and relog several times, but i'm still unconscious!!!!

Thats not a bug that's a penalty for excessive server hopping that was introduced a while ago.

Zombies own the world? BITCH PLEASE!

I'm the Woody Harrelson of Arma

FV-ZOX9qOw0

So many zombies came that it dropped my frames from 100 to 4.

Note my kills in the upperhand right from start to finish.

1 man vs 40 zeds/Zs/Walkers? Yes. I think so(The bad things happen starting at around 6:15):

The perfect song to listen to on your travels through the wilderness!