Sign in to follow this  
rocket

DayZ Zombie RPG (Unofficial Mod) Alpha

Enjoy guys! this is some great footage of night time game play in dayz, this for me is the most thrilling and scariest it has gotten as towards the end we have at least 100+ zombies chasing us through the trees.

awesome ending as well.

I don't really understand how I am supposed to play this : P

That's the whole point, there is no right way to play it - you decide for yourself.

Concepts like PvP or PvE and etc... don't really fit well, because its not a structured gameplay environment in that respect.

People should read the basic guides listed at the DayZ Mod website forum, I found many useful hints there.

Once I learn to watch for "key spots.. camping bandits", I should be able to go a long way.

2. Closely related to that is the "coast lurking". There are people that just sit around the spawn points, killing newly spawned player. Again, what the heck is that for ? They don't have stuff at all, and it's not as if you can't get these things from almost anywhere..

Easily "fixed" by more spawn points/ randomized spawns

Enjoy guys! this is some great footage of night time game play in dayz, this for me is the most thrilling and scariest it has gotten as towards the end we have at least 100+ zombies chasing us through the trees.

awesome ending as well.

Brilliant!! Shared with all my friends!

Played it for a bit to get an impression and I really like the effects and sounds! Also the crawling zombie animations are cool (reminds me of the Fallout Ghouls). I do think the zombies are to fast (for my taste), they don't feel that mindless when they detect you, they run very fast directly towards me (atletic zombies?). Also having a hard time finding weapons. I was at a military camp where I saw ammo crates and AK's, but non were selectable/usable. Definitely gonna play it some more!

I derive pure pleasure out of stalking live prey and shooting survivors and jacking their shit

Am I the only one that things that's sick?

Am I the only one that things that's sick?

Maybe, maybe not. One thing is for sure that in the post-apocalyptic world there will be folk like this. They would be the reason people banded together - safety in numbers and all that.

I think it is fine, however, I WOULD want to be able to avenge my death on these bandits later on. With no names above people it becomes VERY difficult to hunt them. Even worse is that when killed, you have to leave the server to rejoin another one, only to come back again with basic weapons.

That said, I wouldn't change it. The game brings out the best/worst in people. Yesterday I played it for the first time, and can I just say AWESOME. I very nearly actually shit myself with fear (I was close to touching cloth at that point anyway!) - something that hasn't happened since the early days of DoomTM. So well done Rocket and team.

At one point I had just picked up a sniper rifle, then got chased by about 20 Zeds. Having been badly wounded, with my screen shaking (and nowhere close to a hospital) my sniper rifle was useless - just amazing gameplay!

EDIT: Question for the Devs and the server usage. I have seen some locked servers and I reckon that this is a GREAT idea. Password protecting them does make sense (if you are a clan) however, there would need to be a greater goal as it is unlikely that you own clan will gank you! Is password protecting the server allowed?

Edited by Kremator

Even worse is that when killed, you have to leave the server to rejoin another one, only to come back again with basic weapons.

You don't have to leave the server - you just need to go back to the unit selection screen.

So, according to armedzone.com and Kotaku this mod is going to be part of Arma2 1.61? :D

Good news for me - I have a delicate install (some Steam, some disk + Ramdisk) and for whatever reason can only play Beta.exe rather then standard 1.60.exe, so cant join any servers. Looking foward to trying this mod out!

So, according to armedzone.com and Kotaku this mod is going to be part of Arma2 1.61? :D

I have read it as well tough I think they are rather talking about engine and multiplayer/stability fixes to improve the mechanics of the mod :) But anyways, it's awesome!

I dont know if there are a thread for problems with dayz so sorry if this is in the wrong thread.

When I play I cant see any zombies, its like they dont exist. But I can still find loot and I can also see other players, just not zombies. On the debug screen it shows that there are zero zombies. If anyone knows if there are anyway you can fix it.

Damn, i just sit here laughing of happiness, BIS finally hit the audience that would not buy ARMA in the first place.

And now, those players is eering round the forests of chern typing

- God i´m so lost, i´v never been lost in a game before, this is creepy...

- What, there is an airport inland? What 2 hrs walk? What is this game?

- Hey guys, im soo happy, i just found another village! What, there is 50 more?

- where am i? what, navigate by the stars?

Im so happy that arma´s outstanding atmospheric is getting out there, waking up players that have been playing shit ported crap games for to long.

I love how BIS is acting quickly and put some time to polish this mod.

They should really pay attention on the feture where your loadout is saved to a database.

DayZ has brought in lots of people, there are so many DayZ servers that are all full. The only downside is that most of them are assholes and not the nice, courteous ArmA players.

I was just in a server where a guy was bragging about his job, how many Facebook friends he had, and how big his d*ck was. Yesterday, I approached another player and told him I wasn't going to shoot. He shoots me and just walks away, didn't even loot me.

---------- Post added at 14:48 ---------- Previous post was at 14:43 ----------

I just counted 120 DayZ servers, most of them being completely full at 50 players.

DayZ has brought in lots of people, there are so many DayZ servers that are all full. The only downside is that most of them are assholes and not the nice, courteous ArmA players.

I was just in a server where a guy was bragging about his job, how many Facebook friends he had, and how big his d*ck was. Yesterday, I approached another player and told him I wasn't going to shoot. He shoots me and just walks away, didn't even loot me.

I just counted 120 DayZ servers, most of them being completely full at 50 players.

Well, see it as another element of realism, lol :jesus:

Well, see it as another element of realism, lol :jesus:

lol, I played a dark server and threw away a flare, another player showsup pick up the flare and runs away with it ignoring me.

L4D players!

Congratulations on the success of the mod Rocket! Just heard it got Arma 2 to the top of the Steam top sellers list and Marek saying sales have increased fivefold. Hope there's a decent bonus on the way for you! ;)

Congratulations on the success of the mod Rocket! Just heard it got Arma 2 to the top of the Steam top sellers list and Marek saying sales have increased fivefold. Hope there's a decent bonus on the way for you! ;)

ArmA II isn't top of the Steam list yet, but I'm sure it will be once the sale for Dear Esther is over.

Oh, it was just a couple of hours ago. How long has the Dear Esther offer been up?