Sign in to follow this  
rocket

DayZ Zombie RPG (Unofficial Mod) Alpha

What im worried about are (please excuse my language) prick assholes backstabbers who just shoot everyone in the freakin head after joining up with u

Yeah thats the number 1 reason why I just said fuck it and shoot everyting that moves right now,one time an retard shot me in the back to take my DMR after I saved his ass.Another time I helped a newbie to figure things out and after we played two hours he shot me in the back.My current character survived the most after I decided that I'm going solo in this mod,your only friends here are named Enfield,CZ550 and Winchester.:p

I think persistance and automatic saving makes this mod too easy. You had an awesome gear and got killed? No problem, just quit and rejoin the server before it saves. Are you at a military base and there's no good loot? No problem, just let the game save and join another server until a good loot appears.

With that technic, I've got an awesome gear with suppressed M4, PDW as pistol and all the equipment(map, compass, GPS, only lacking night vision). The mod suddenly went from terrifyingly beautiful to incredibly easy. Zombies are never a concern.

One solution is increasing the save frequency or forcing save after certain events(death). Still, you can still cheat the game by aborting the game when you realize you're going to die. Probably the best solution would be to force players to put up tents before saving with some rare random saving(without timer) thrown in to safeguard against server crashes.

I don't know where you've been for the past 2 weeks, but server auto saves on death or disconnect. Further more ALT +F4 Doesn't always work. If you are in the menu yes, but just in game no.

I don't know where you've been for the past 2 weeks, but server auto saves on death or disconnect. Further more ALT +F4 Doesn't always work. If you are in the menu yes, but just in game no.

Still, you almost never die immediately. As I've said you can just quit the game when you realize you're going to die.

Well i can trust my steam friends. The ass was saved by my steam friend who finally convinced me to play this and after we rally up for a while he shot us all. I'm just gonna relay up with steam group and demand everyone not on ts3 while undercover to just leave

I've been playing solo too. I'm trying to convince my brother to play. I have been trying to help others too though. If I know someone is in the area near me and I have to leave gear behind I let them know about it once I am in a safe place. I don't trust strangers though. I have yet to be killed by zombies but I have been killed about 4 or 5 times by other players. Some of whom I was being nice to.

This mod is getting quite the bit of populatiry all over the place, congratz on that.

Pretty awesome stuff, too. :)

Seeing the servers are so full all the time, hard to find the right server with open spots and be in time...

You can now Queue up for full servers, setting a minimum required amount of slots to join, using Six Updater: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?118605-Six-Updater-Install-Update-mods-missions-Delta-patching-Server-browser-and-more!&p=2148754&viewfull=1#post2148754

Seeing the servers are so full all the time, hard to find the right server with open spots and be in time...

You need to "rape" the Enter key...that works after a few minutes of constant enter key pressing :)

You can now Queue up for full servers, setting a minimum required amount of slots to join, using Six Updater: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?118605-Six-Updater-Install-Update-mods-missions-Delta-patching-Server-browser-and-more!&p=2148754&viewfull=1#post2148754

Good stuff though, thanks for your effort on this issue

---------- Post added at 19:20 ---------- Previous post was at 19:18 ----------

I've been playing solo too. I'm trying to convince my brother to play. I have been trying to help others too though. If I know someone is in the area near me and I have to leave gear behind I let them know about it once I am in a safe place. I don't trust strangers though. I have yet to be killed by zombies but I have been killed about 4 or 5 times by other players. Some of whom I was being nice to.

This is exactly what makes the game/mod so exiting...you dont know about the behaviour of the other people who survived the apocalypse...either you form up with mates you are similar too, or you are strafing around as lone wolf and shoot everythings that moves...incredible exiting not to know what happens...I love that.

Edited by MemphisBelle

The "zombie free save zones" built by players, are the thing this mod need. They could have ability to create a trading place. Also every "game night" there could be a demographic eruption of zombies in bigger cities, so escaping to such "save zones" would be viable to survive, also you would need to team up, to make your way to cities during night.

We add 4 new servers for 200 more player slots, they filled in 5 mins. Still need more servers it seems.

In case you are interested, here is an article over at PC Gamer.com about Day-Z :)

"For the love of PC gaming, download Day Z–Arma 2′s zombie survival mod"

In case you are interested, here is an article over at PC Gamer.com about Day-Z :)

Our old friend @EvanLahti Looking out for the ArmA world again. :D I'm pretty sure he writes every single PC gamer ArmA article, and does a good job too.

Seems to be some problems with Zombie numbers and loot spawns? Anyone else notice this i only encountered my first zombies of the night when i hit the NW Airfield.

Anyone know why using @dayz gives me the deleted Chernarus error?

Loving this little mod, only question is why didn't anyone think of this before??

Seems to be some problems with Zombie numbers and loot spawns? Anyone else notice this i only encountered my first zombies of the night when i hit the NW Airfield.

Anyone know why using @dayz gives me the deleted Chernarus error?

Loving this little mod, only question is why didn't anyone think of this before??

Ohhhh plenty of people have, my friend. Just not everyone has the skill to create it. That is a lot of zombies to manage.

Man I haven't tried this but I never get tired of reading these types of BlogZ. The mod (from the sounds of it) seems to have encapsulated the free roam, emergent gameplay of Arma in a way that responds with far more people. I never would have guessed zombies would be fun on this engine -no melee or crashing thru windows -but it sounds like a winner nevertheless.

Seems to me maybe recent edits have changed night/day activity.

Now at night Zeds are lower in numbers and few wander around ....... BUT, I saw 2 guys creamed when they seemed to have stepped into a "Zombie nest".

Was watching them from a distance for a while (no, I'm not a bandit, just cautious) then all of a sudden they exited one building followed by like 7 Zeds.

Got their butt kicked.

If thats the case, seem a much more appropraite "simulation" of Z activity.

This could also get more people interested in actually playing on the night cycle.

Did for me. Still bloody risky, but good risk/reward ratio.

Unfortunately, this isn't the nice ARMA coop community on DayZ... I've seen immature kids just like swear at my group. My friend and I tell people to stay away if they're stranger, usually the new guys just steer clear of us while some immature singles just try to shoot us. Well he regretted 1 vs 5

Stick to one server (yeh, thats difficult too) and get to know the regulars from text chat. Even if its just listening to the text chat to see who seems to be good and reliable.

Then talk to them, get them comfortable with who you are, then ask to link up.

You may have to do this for several people/groups so play-times overlap.

Requires time (probably several sessions) and a little hard work.

..... just like finding dependable friends in RL ;)

---------- Post added at 14:14 ---------- Previous post was at 13:13 ----------

Some cool, interesting and funny videos

A7Q8c8jnL3s

PxbrFa3dPqk

OoMcXjOv-VI

I have a problem joining the game - I can't

A battle eye message tells me that I have coruppted memory - is there any solution for this problem?

I lost a lot of blood and got a couple of blood bags but I couldn't use them... does anyone how to recover lost blood, besides eaten things... IMO drinking coke or pepsi should have some similar effect to eat stuff and not mere drinking water... you know those are not diet sodas and sugar provides some extra calories!!!

Robster,

you can carry blood, but another player has to give you the transfusion. Using blood bags requires COOP play. You can also hunt animals. Their meat will replentish your blood. In order to get the meat you will hae to kill the animal (obviously), you will need to gut it (requires a hunting knife), and cook it (requires matches to start a camp fire). If you use a crossbow which shoots reusable arrows, you can survive for long periods of time without the need to enter towns.

Counting calories in soft drinks in a game sounds strange. Some people argue that soft drinks make you more thirsty, shuld this be simulated in the game, too? Just accept that in this game any beverage gets the "drink" icon from red to green. By the way, even sea water and unprified water from suspicious looking ponds contaminated with dead bodies works without any side effects.

@Gnat - thanks for posting the vids - it shows there is hope for humanity yet! When folks can take a bus trip in the post apocalypse world then all is not lost (apart from a couple of sheep)!

It seems to me that the zombie numbers since 1.5.6 are very low. In the first weeks there were usually around 700-800 zombies per server and that made zombies a big threat. Now, there are usually 150-300 zombies on a 60 player server. The worst thing is, if zombies don't spawn around buildings, so doesn't the loot. When there's no loot people start killing each other for stuff and it makes PvP even more attractive.

Now there is a lot of CoD pvp incl. kiddy chat at the coastline/big towns. Some people got just pissed because those pvp players are just waiting close to spawn points to increase their killstats. Maybe include some fast zombie animals aka "Dogs of Chernagorsk" and "Dogs of Elektrozavodsk" to scare off and hunt down spawn/city/building-campers? It would be very good to reduce or limit chat eg "Is this XX 123 server?" or "My screen is black but I can hear gunfire is this a bug?" or "Anyone in Chernarus?" or kiddy chitchat a la "OMG got da shotgunz now Im kill all!!", "mod needs more frag and achievmnts"

For anyone having trouble with installing the mod as i know many new players are buying ArmA CO for this mod here is a video that helped me get set up